SHRINKING ASSETS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    My best NSV this year happened quite recently as in last week! I accomplished 150 Barre classes and had purchased these crazy 😜 leggings six months ago and never felt comfortable wearing let alone in class. I wore those leggings proud and felt confident in class and also had to stop at the grocery store!

Have a wonderful Sunday team!

Come share at the teams group thread and also your own team! πŸ‘πŸ€©πŸ‘
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,582 Member
    Options
    Steps

11/17 9,260
    11,18 12,014
    11/19 11,587
    11/21 8,154
    11/22 8,188
    1123. 8,255
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    THE OWNER TO TEAM/GROUP CHALLENGE
    25p1bbdwm5k0.png

IT IS MY DREAM TO BUILD AND STRENGTHEN THIS GROUP AS A WHOLE!!!
    NO ONE TEAM IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER TEAM

SO HERE IS MY CHALLENGE TO THE GROUP, TO THE TEAMS, AND TO YOU THE MEMBER

WE ALL HAVE A FRIENDS LIST ON MFP, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM SO ON SO FORTH
    I AM CHALLENGING YOU TO INVITE 2 OF THOSE FRIENDS TO JOIN OUR GROUP AND YOUR TEAM.
    NOW WHEN YOU INVITE THOSE 2 FRIENDS THEY MUST SPECIFY THAT YOU INVITED THEM AND THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE PLACED ON YOUR TEAM
    I WILL THEN PLACED THEM ON YOUR TEAM TO BEGIN IN THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE.

THERE IS NO PRIZE FOR THIS IT SIMPLY IS INVITING NEW MEMBERS TO SHARE THEIR JOURNEY WITH US AS A GROUP AND ON YOUR TEAM.

MY GOAL IS TO GET TO 30-35 MEMBERS PER TEAM... AND IF WE NEED TO BUILD ANOTHER TEAM THEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DO. SO COME ON AND JOIN ME TO MAKE THE MOST POWERFUL GROUP ON THE WEB SITE MY FITNESS PAL.

NEW LIFE INTO THE GROUP/TEAM IS A GOOD THING AND TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO WON'T HURT I PROMISE. WE DID IT IN THE WARRIORS THIS PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND BECAUSE OF IT WE AS A TEAM ARE BIGGER BADDER AND STRONGER. I AM GRATEFUL TO THE NEW CAPTAINS OF THE WARRIORS AND THE MOTIVATOR FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT.

LET'S CRUSH THIS CHALLENGE ...WHAT YA SAY YOU IN.

HERE IS THE LINK FOR REGISTRATION PAGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773428/fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-december-registration/p1?new=1

'
    NOW GO OUT THERE AND CRUSH THIS CHALLENGE
    G
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/23 13,189
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    ATTN ALL TEAMS AND CAPTAINS AND MOTIVATORS
    IT IS OFFICIAL THE WORKOUT WARRIORS
    ARE NOW THE FITNESS WARRIORS
    TIME FOR CHANGE AND TIME FOR A SHAKE UP
    TEAM APPROVED AND TEAM GENERATED... [/color

the definition for fitness and it encompasses more than just exercise and workouts, but also body composition and nutrition and just being able to do things. So, given that, I like it. #1 of Fitness Warriors gets my vote.

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Monday, Week 4
    PW: 157.9
    CW: 157.6

November summary
    Luciicul wrote: Β»
    November Challenge!

SW: 164.2 lbs (28 Oct)
    Nov Goal: 154 lbs (25 Nov)

This month I hope to hit a very significant milestone: when I get to 157.4 lbs I will enter the "healthy weight category" by having a BMI under 25! When I started this journey (February Challenge), I was in the class 3 obese category with a BMI of 41.84. Excited to be nearing my goal, but I guess I shouldn't celebrate yet - touch wood I don't jinx myself ;)

Additional goals for this month:
    • Run intervals two mornings a week (provided it is cool enough).
    • Swim at least once a week.
    • Keep up with everything else I'm already doing (healthy eating, yoga 3 days a week, Last 90 Day challenge, good sleep, etc).

I hit some of my goals this month =
    • I run three times a week, and one of these days is an interval run.
    • For the last couple weeks I've added swimming once a week
    • Keeping on top of everything else (food, sleep, yoga, etc).

Weight loss has slowed significantly, so I haven't hit my weight loss goal, and am still hovering in the "unhealthy" BMI category. I'd like to say "next month" I will get there, but I also have to be realistic that with the Christmas period I probably won't lose much weight and will primarily aim not to gain. So it will most likely be "in the new year."
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory Challenge
    Day 1: My best two NSVs for this year (sorry, I can't narrow it down to just 1!):
    • Reversed insulin resistance (two steps prior to diabetes - was important to get off this path!)
    • Stopped snoring. My snoring was such a problem interrupting first my husband's sleep, and then mine, as he'd wake me to try to stop me from keeping him awake. Created a lot of tension, not to mention tiredness. I used the Snorelab app so I would better understand whether my husband was exaggerating my snoring: he wasn't. My snoring was rated "epic" (top 5% of snoring) both in duration and loudness! I tried several different techniques to try to stop snoring, but ultimately it took weight loss to stop it. Getting a good night's sleep is so important, and I have far more energy now that my sleep isn't interrupted (and ditto: less tension with my partner as he's getting better sleep too).
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    axf3moiv80l0.jpeg

Okay F2F team! We are in day 2 starting tmo Monday! Let’s support each other as we go into Thanksgiving! Awesome group! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŒŸπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

My November Biggest excuse is that I am tired and I don’t want to cook! Excuse! I feel that and I eat unhealthy and it hinders my own NSV. I love to cook, usually! We all have our days.

My NSV with this excuse is to have healthy frozen meals in the fridge when this happens. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Come on over and share: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/22
    11/23
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    My apologies if I missed anyone steps posted however these are those I believe are missing;
    @lindamtuck2018 - 20th Nov
    @boehle - 22nd & 23rd Nov
    @machchic - 17th-23rd Nov
    @mustb60 - 23rd Nov
    @kilobykilo - 23rd Nov
    @LaurieWrobo - 21st Nov

Any one else is welcome to post their steps to add to our team total :smile:
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Sorry @mustb60 also need 17th Nov
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    My apologies if I missed anyone steps posted however these are those I believe are missing;
    @mustb60 - 23rd Nov
    @kilobykilo - 23rd Nov
    @LaurieWrobo - 21st Nov

11/20 9,677
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    somxd7mgfwrr.jpeg
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    axf3moiv80l0.jpeg

Okay F2F team! We are in day 2 starting tmo Monday! Let’s support each other as we go into Thanksgiving! Awesome group! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŒŸπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

My November Biggest excuse is that I am tired and I don’t want to cook! Excuse! I feel that and I eat unhealthy and it hinders my own NSV. I love to cook, usually! We all have our days.

My NSV with this excuse is to have healthy frozen meals in the fridge when this happens. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Come on over and share: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest

Good Morning ...Day 2 NSV..EXCUSES
    Geez where do I start..... Well I think the#1 excuse for me in Nov. was that my new prosthetic brace didn't fit right or it made my leg and foot ( what's left them) hurt or it made me too tried after wearing it all day. I made 3 trips to the Ortho medical tech and each time they address the issues that I had and yes it did feel better and yes it was going to make me tired because I was working muscles in my upper thigh that hadn't been worked in a lot of years. I complained to the PT therapists and they told me to suck it up and move forward and Yes i gave them a lot of lip service and said all the things and what thy wanted to hear.
    I didn't realize all of this until I had an appt. with my PTSD and Nutrition Counselors last Friday. The light came on.. the realization if I don't do something quickly about this situation I am a dead man. 10 toes up tagged and bagged cause of death...STUPIDITY OF HEALTH, BAD EATING CHOICES, AND A OLDIE BUT A GOODIE BLAMING MY SITUATION STEMMING FROM FROM MY COMBAT INJURIES.
    So the leg is what it is and now it's time to get off the EXCUSES TRAIN and press forward in December. A new battle plan has been laid out for me by the PTSD and Nutrition Counselors. Now I have already put into place and pressing on. Oh and the leg it not hinder me at all.
    G
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    ]Mondays
    Iamworthy
    PW 159.6
    CW 160.4

[/quote]

[/quote]

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    @mustb60 - 23rd Nov
    @kilobykilo - 23rd Nov
    @LaurieWrobo - 21st Nov

11/20 9,677

11/21
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/24 12,616
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Steps 23rd nov - 12487

Sorry for being so late!

Will make it my aim to get back on here properly from tomorrow. Long weekend away has wiped me out in the best possible way!!!
This discussion has been closed.