SHRINKING ASSETS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited October 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the NOVEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the NOVEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @teresaW1020
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @micki48 and @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for NOVEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• Beka3695
    Options
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!!

I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is @boehle.

I am 43, married and mom of 2 daughters and 3 fur babies. I will be a first time grandma AKA Mimi in February 2020!!! I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia. FEEL FREE TO READ MY POSTS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232 in July. I did a complete reset as of August 1… Cleared my +1000 day streak and started over. It has been VERY liberating!

My MOE is CICO. I cannot stick with anything else. Keto sounds good to me, but so does bread.

My Stats:
    5'7' and 43
    227 lbs

November Goals:
    - Do better than October... and September...
    - LOG EVERY DARN BITE!
    - Stay under 1400 average daily intake
    - Drink my water
    - Keep my feet moving
    - Follow a modified #last90days
    - Log my goals, accomplishments and feelings

If you have not already, feel free to friend me.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS

We like to use a specific posting pattern for weigh ins. This helps us to find and post them quickly and not have to sort thru the regular team chatter - WHICH WE LOVE AND ENCOURAGE.

When you are posting your regular weekly weigh in - please use this format:

Beka3695
    Saturday
    PW: 227.0
    CW: 226.2

you can spell out prior/current weight if you like. We all know I'm a bit lazy :p
  • Beka3695
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I was still going through the "can't really see the difference" stage. I have to take a photo every month for a weight loss challenge and I wear the same shirt for each one. Aside from the bad hair do as I had just finished a bike ride, this feels pretty good!
    fee8pxcehscn.jpg

DANG!!!! That is a HUGE difference! WTG!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    I was still going through the "can't really see the difference" stage. I have to take a photo every month for a weight loss challenge and I wear the same shirt for each one. Aside from the bad hair do as I had just finished a bike ride, this feels pretty good!
    fee8pxcehscn.jpg

Awesome difference! You are killing it!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    I was busy in October!
    wg00156u226r.jpg
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    oh I love that. is that an app??
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    boehle wrote: »

It is the web version of mapmyfitness
  • boehle
    Options

did you pay for premium? I have never seen such a thing
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday (a day late)
    PW: 252.0
    CW: 253.2
    Bring on November!
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    10/28 9,765
    10/30 11,294
    10/31 14,891
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Friday
    Pre. Weight 170 lbs
    Today's weight 169 lbs

Steps 10833
    Calories: on mark.
  • mustb60
    Options
    fee8pxcehscn.jpg
    Wow!! Awesome changes!! Pics tell the real story
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options

No premium, there is a calendar under 'workouts'.
  • boehle
    Options

No premium, there is a calendar under 'workouts'.

Thank you. I think everyone might benefit from this
  • boehle
    Options
    I am pretty sure most know my part time job is closing their doors. One of the pharmacist and I always do Mexican. Tomorrow is our last Saturday together. I've never made a taco dip before tonight
    fwjusa1ccq2m.jpg
  • mustb60
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    November Challenge!

SW: 164.2 lbs (28 Oct)
    Nov Goal: 154 lbs (25 Nov)

This month I hope to hit a very significant milestone: when I get to 157.4 lbs I will enter the "healthy weight category" by having a BMI under 25! When I started this journey (February Challenge), I was in the class 3 obese category with a BMI of 41.84. Excited to be nearing my goal, but I guess I shouldn't celebrate yet - touch wood I don't jinx myself ;)

Additional goals for this month:
    • Run intervals two mornings a week (provided it is cool enough).
    • Swim at least once a week.
    • Keep up with everything else I'm already doing (healthy eating, yoga 3 days a week, Last 90 Day challenge, good sleep, etc).

Wow!! That's Amazing !! Getting from 41.8 BMI to below 25!!! 👏👏👏
  • mustb60
    Options
    I am pretty sure most know my part time job is closing their doors. One of the pharmacist and I always do Mexican. Tomorrow is our last Saturday together. I've never made a taco dip before tonight
    fwjusa1ccq2m.jpg

Looks so tempting and tasty!!
This discussion has been closed.