Nurture in November

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
Gasp! How can it be November already? but this month is a month to nurture ourselves and be thankful.

Big family dinner planned at my house ( I am off this year for Thanksgiving! first time in years) and I am in charge of fish, of course.

Nov Goals
1. lose weight 5 lbs
2. increase veggies to each meal
3. remind myself of victories ( passed on Chik Filet!)
remind myself daily that my goal is to be healthy
thankful for my current health of me and my family
ONWARD! DARE GREATLY!

Replies

• barbhat13
    Options
    kxaf0pmdy1k7.jpg
    a short practice swim ...daughter on shore as lifeguard.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    3. remind myself of victories ( passed on Chik Filet!)
    I was just thrilled to be under my calories for the first time in weeks!

I'm headed to Virginia for Thanksgiving, so I will only have to assist the cook! Seeing my son means a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings, but he's way better than me in cooking at home. On Sunday afternoon he batch cooks his lunches for the week. This week was rice, oven roasted broccoli and steak! So while he didn't SAVE money this week, he still ate better than me!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    good for you being under calories! it has been a long time for me too.

doing better with cooking. cooked rainbow trout salmon, green beans with mushrooms and onions and little red potatoes. enough for today and work weekend plus some trout with zucchini for lunch tomorrow.

another victory. didnt stop after work in cafeteria for snack and diet coke!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    a good week. cooked a lot ( man, those dishes I had to wash) trout and salmon last 3 work shifts. better after work eating .
    Building up my resistance muscle to give in by remembering my victories and reviewing my advantages of weight loss each morning! trying to sneak my way back to healthy choices .ye67xcibu8jm.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    mid- month progress
    1. down 3.5 lbs but still in that same 5-10 lb range I have been stuck in for 18 months!
    2. doing better with veggies
    3. no fast food so far ( victory!)
    4. had 2 pig out days. went to.store and bought junk. but better about not stopping for junk in cafeteria after work.

injuried shoulder at work so no swimming ( heated pools in winter) but enjoying running more)
    07if9cakvlw1.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! so excited to be off this year and have dinner at my house. Dad had small stroke last week but doing better. He's coming to dinner. daughter and i running race in morning. have a great day yourself
  • barbhat13
    Options
    overall for Nov
    1. monthly weight loss yo-yo. same 2-3 lbs over and over
    2. still trapped by desserts at work
    3. less buying snacks after work
    4. choosing home over chik filet
    5. choosing vegetarian if eating out