RE: Workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I'm glad to have you. You can do this! i have to adjust my schedule next week too for an earlier time because I love the morning workouts.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Main Exercises will be running, Zumba & Strength Training
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on second week on T25. I will be doing that with some TurboFire thrown in for fun.
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on second week on T25. I will be doing that with some TurboFire thrown in for fun.:happy:
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Awesome. Welcome aboard and those are two great workouts! Have fun and I look forward to your posts.
  • lynn_miller15
    lynn_miller15 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in week 3 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution - so another 9 weeks and I'll be done her schedule. Then I am going to go onto T25.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Great! T25 is awesome I'm finishing up the 6th week and loving it. If you have any questions about the program let me know. I have a special facebook group going for that, so if you are interested in joining that too when you get the program let me know. I've had some awesome results with it so far. Although, I haven't been following the meal plan to the tee it's simple and easy to follow. It's laid out real nice, and is the easiest of all the beachbody programs I think. I'm excited to have you in the challenge and I look forward to your progress and posts. I'm not really familiar with the JM body revolution but she's a tough cookie so I'm sure your results will be great!!!:smile:
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do my cardio using my elliptical, treadmill and workout videos. I seem to do best every other day. For weight training I usually train just one muscle group in a day on my Life Fitness gym. When I train my legs (which is the biggest and hardest), I usually can't do a full cardio workout. I use a machine for weight training (legs, chest and back); except I use free weights for shoulders, triceps and biceps. I also get on my Total Gym once or twice a week for a routine if I can't face the weights.

I'm use to weight training but I'm not getting much weight loss. I'm trying Carb Nite Solution now. Since I'm already a low carber, this won't be too hard for me to do. CNS is known for breaking plateaus. Seems just starting off I'm at a plateau. It's always been easy for me to lose weight but this time not so much. I'm wondering if it is because I have continued to weight train through my weight gains.

I don't know. I'm trying to figure it all out and get losing. I do see some sculpting but nothing on the scale. I went down 3 lbs, then gained it back then loss it, and have been bouncing up and down a pound. Dreaming of seeing some real losses soon after over a month now...
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! Nice to hear about your workouts. The plateau may be because your body is used to what you're doing and it needs to be challenged in a different way. I taught aerobic kickboxing for 12 years and I reached a plateau with that workout and had to change things up to see a change. Even just a different routine may be enough to do it. Another option could be to examine your diet. I've found that on occasion that has been my problem. At the beginning of the challenge which starts next week take your measurements, weight, etc and every week or every couple of weeks check your progress. Please don't use the scale to gauge your progress, because if you're losing inches you are making a change. I am here for you if you need anything. Have fun and I look forward to your progress and am excited to have you. Take care.
  • Susan111222
    Susan111222 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Currently I average 10 mins on step machine I want to get that higher and as of Monday at least 40 mins on excercise bike ( bit cold ATM to be walking in the rain or riding ) but as the weather warms up I will be adding hr walk working towards being ale to jog for a while too :)
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So, after doing some research and understanding my schedule capabilities, I have changed my fitness plan for the next 30 days. I will continue to do Zumba 2-3 days per week because I have family counting on me (and its fun). I have also joined a 30 day arm challenge but that will only take about 10-15 min per day. I have decided to do JM's 30 Day Shred. I can give 20 minutes per day either in the AM or PM. Its the only plan that I felt confident about and inspired by so I went with it. I will start on Sunday! Looking forward to it!

Tanya
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Awesome. It sounds like a good plan. I'm looking forward to hearing from you in the challenge. I'm happy that you decided to take this step forward in your health and fitness goals. Let's do this.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Great. I'm happy that you decided to join the challenge and that you shared what your plans are in the next 90 days. I'm excited to looking forward to your progress. Have a nice evening.
  • Kristinlee25
    Kristinlee25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the Zombies, Run! couch to 5k trainer 2-3x per week for about 30 min each. My backup plan will be the same amount of time on the little elliptical at home. I also join in on the fitness activities at work when I can, which I never did before my second baby was born. As far as strength training, I've joined a push-up challenge and I lug my 14+ pound baby around everywhere, so I think that should count for something! Mostly I'm working on incorporating activity into my lifestyle overall. Thanks for the support everyone!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Great! Congratulations on incorporating activity that's a step forward! i look forward to connecting with you during the challenge! Take care