TDEE -20% or MFP

mlerand62
mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
I have been reading a lot of threads and am looking into the TDEE -20% method rather than using the MFP conventional method to track my calories. I am doing fine using MFP's method but maybe it's time to at least try something else.

I pulled up the In Place Of A Roadmap thread and I am overwhelmed by it but it makes a lot of sense.

I don't eat back all of my exercise calories as I don't trust the numbers on here.

Looking for Feedback :glasses:

Marilyn

Replies

• aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    I've used this calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/) to figure tdee and then took off the 20%. I've found MFP to be very basic when it comes to calculating what you should be eating. It may seem high and you may gain a pound or two during the first few days but I've found it to be a great way to make those pounds come off. Not so much over the past 6 months for me but I've just been floating around not sticking to anything or trying. You should also figure your bmr which is what it takes to purely make your body live each day as if you were in a vegetative state. Obviously people eat less than this but they are cheating their body. I've read to eat between bmr and tdee. Mix it up to keep your body thinking which helps with losing. As for exercise calories, I've heard to eat back 1/2 (if you haven't already figured them into tdee). I only put the out of the ordinary exercise on MFP. The rest is already figured in my tdee.