Living the Lifestyle-Wednesday November 13,2019

GavinFlynn1
GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for September are below:

Monday -88olds (George)
Tuesday - Imastar2 (Derrick)
Wednesday - gavinflynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Al_Howard (Al Howard)

Today’s Topic: Choice of stress relief

What do you do to relax and/or relieve stress? Are you happy with the choices you make to relieve stress, or do you wish you made different choices?

Replies

• GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    For me, my usual choices are taking a nap and jumping on the internet.

I wish I chose exercise more often, because it is a great stress relief for me and it also helps me with a healthy lifestyle.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,594 Member
    If I'm wicked stressed, I'll try for a nap.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,157 Member
    Activity works the best for me. Go for a walk or ride my bike. Also a nap or meditation can help too.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Activity is also my stress reliever of choice. Unfortunately work gets in the way too often.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,202 Member
    edited November 2019
    My stress relief lately has been to flop down in front of the tv and watch a Hallmark movie. Currently their running Christmas movies. Unfortunately it's at the end of the day and while I zone out the morning comes sometimes bringing another load of stress. My 2nd choice is a good book. 3rd choice is googleling info I need about something I'm researching.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 6,338 Member
    TV and the internet are my "prozac" of choice.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,698 Member
    I used to walk, but lately that has been difficult. I do daily mindfulness which helps quite a bit and pray. Reading is a way for me to stop and settle for a bit.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,554 Member
    Walking and meditation have been traditional methods.