A couple of questions on atkins

Options
jess_1993
jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
Hi guys! I'm glad I found this group, I'm very new to Atkins. I'm on the induction phase (Well, technically on OWL since I've kept my net carbs between 35-50) and that's kinda my issue right now. I usually have vegetables with 2-3 of my meals so I'm guessing those carbs are adding up, but the veggies really help keep me full! Also, I do eat greek yogurt almost daily out of convenience so that adds up as well. Can some of you post your daily meal plan so I can get some ideas for snacks and meals?

Also, how many eggs do you guys eat daily? And I also asked this is another one of the forums but do you guys count calories at all?

Sorry for all the questions and Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been going for about a week. I was working on Paleo but got frustrated with my blood sugar. My diary is open if you want to take a look.
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I generally stay around the 1200 calorie mark, some days less, some days more. I'm one of the unlucky few on Atkins that have to keep calories on the low side otherwise I don't lose.

You can add me a friend and see what I eat.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am down 65 pounds in just over 3 months, i have NEVER counted a single calorie, but I also stay on induction phase and keep my carbs under 20 per day , the newest atkins book promotes vegies and they do the net carbs idea's. I personally see nothing wrong with net carbs just so long as the scale moves downward for you, in OWL atkins predicts that you have found your "critical carb level" , that place where you still lose weight without counting calories. thats the nice part of doing atkins is your only counting one thing ,, carbs,, also for me there is not any hunger what so ever, I eat so much meat and eggs and cheese, I personally eat any where from 6-8 eggs every day,
    hope this helps
    TIm
  • jess_1993
    Options
    Thank you all very much! Personally im finding it hard to eat more (Im eating around 1200 daily) which im trying to eat more, but kinda difficult when I'm full!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    never eat past being full, just keep smiling and being happy as you lose weight
  • jess_1993
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Also, do you guys use low carb tortillas on induction at all? If so, which ones?
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I personally have not read the brand new atkins book, ( written by his co worker doctor after his death),, she allows the net carbs on induction phase, but Atkins himself did not allow it during the 2 week induction phase,, I personally dont eat any of that stuff while induction,, you can during the OWL phase, if your chosing to do OWL then go for it, but weight loss will be slower,, hope this helps
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I share timwhoa's viewpoint, and I didn't use tortillas during induction. I was wrapping EVERYTHING in lettuce leaves as a burrito until the Induction phase came to an end. After Induction when I started using tortillas again, I bought a package of FiberOne Wraps.

Friends don't let friends eat FiberOne Wraps.

There are lower-carb wraps that aren't naturally slimy, and taste INFINITELY better. FiberOne Wraps are just revolting...

Currently, I eat Tumaros Gourmet Multigrain Low Carb Tortilla/Wraps (4 net carbs) and they're pretty good, as far as low-carb wraps go.

http://www.tumaros.com/

Finally of course, Welcome! Wecome! to the group! It's great to have you here!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have been using the website and there still are no bread of any type during induction. Sorry. According the theory this is the break that sugar connection.
  • jess_1993
    Options
    Thank you all very much! I actually did the protein pancakes today for breakfast, extremely low on carbs but I guess since I got that "bread" feeling it brought my carb cravings back a little :/ Well tomorrows another day!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I hope you went with the zero carb protein from my post, it'll keep the cravings at bay :wink: