Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Keto body odor changes

ploomka
ploomka Posts: 308 Member
Apologies if this has been addressed previously. I searched but didn’t find. Would love a link if a thread on this topic exists.

I have noticed since keto that my body odor is completely different. I usually use a natural deodorant, but now it seems the natural deodorant interacts with this keto smell, and I do not dig it.

I’ve researched this online but basically found a bunch of articles that claim keto smell is a myth. Well, I know I’ve changed nothing else, but my smell is way different. It makes sense to me that since keto changes your body chemistry, the sweat smell would change.

So, has anyone else had this happen? Any tips? Have you found a deodorant that works to combat this interesting smell?

Thanks!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    It will most likely settle down. I noticed a change but in my case I noticed I basically don’t smell at all unless I really sweat.
    It’s more than likely PH changes and microbes and possibly candida die off if it’s stinky. Which will eventually stop on it’s own.
    Try some magnesium spray
  • ploomka
    Thanks @Sunny_Bunny_ ! I will give that a try.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I definitely react to products differently with keto...my body wash I used to use started to smell terrible on me...for the most part I didn't notice a change in my base body odor even when working out, but definitely a change in how that product reacted with me, and how I smelled after using it...switching body wash fixed the issue.

I use the Arm & Hammer essentials line of deodorants, and that one didn't change with keto, it's what I have used for a long time and seems to be fine.
  • ploomka
    @tcunbeliever Yesssss I think that's what's happening to me. My current choices are reacting badly. I have mixed it up a bit, but it's still not cutting it. Currently I use Alaffia coconut oil deodorant, but I am going to give the arm & hammer one a try!