Metabolism Broke

I believe my metabolism is broken i eat only CLEAN foods and seem to always be starving as I can only eat 1500 calories and if I go any higher I put wait on so far I have lost 11lbs so could anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Replies

• BigDfromNJ
    BigDfromNJ Posts: 20 Member
    Are you getting enough protein? I have found that protein helps curb my hunger, so check to see what your 1500 calories are made up of. make sure you get a small amount of protein with each meal/snack.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    @KaiBurgin Cutting my carb intake back and adding fat has helped me tremendously with my hunger issues. Also, I do a 16:8 time restricted eating window which helped even more by resetting my hunger cues. I used to snack constantly, and I was always thinking about food. Now I forget to eat and have to remind myself.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    One thing that came to mind for me when I read your post was macronutrients. Someone above already mentioned protien, which is one macronutrient. Also, carbohydrate and fat are important to feel satiated, at least in my personal experience. I find that if I value one macro over another, I can become really hungry and unsatisfied with my diet, even if I stay in range. Then, there are micronutrients. If you address macro for a duration and still feel the problem persists, I would look at micro and even vitamin deficiencies.

Then, there is always the emotional and mental aspect of eating, which is no small thing for many of us. For me, I am an emotional eater, so feeling full and satisifed is sometimes not at all an issue of nutrients and more an issue of my current emotional needs. So, when you pose a question like this, I recommend that you explore answer to it by addressing many different facets: nutrition, emotional health, fitness, age, time of month, and so much more.
  • alexpurcaru
    alexpurcaru Posts: 1 Member
    Because you are a man, the number of calories is very low for you, and the body takes protective measures when it sees such a low level of macronutrients and at the same time micronutrients.If the caloric deficit can't be reduce it from nutrition, try doing force exercises, full body. This will still have between 200 and 500 calories consumed.The micronutrients are very important in the evolution of metabolism. Try to take zinc and selenium to stimulate the thyroid, vitamin A and C, BCAA and Omega 3 to strengthen joints. I recommend you to keep and Intermintent 16/8, to reduce the number of meals and to help the body better process eating.
  • essexgirl1971
    essexgirl1971 Posts: 28 Member
    Protein helped me. I was keto and eating 1600 calories and fasting . Now carnivore and eating over 2000 calories a day . I want to fix my years of yo-yo dieting .
  • treehugger88
    treehugger88 Posts: 22 Member
    I absolutely agree on the protein thing. I was a vegetarian for 12 years, and that's when I was at my biggest, always hungry and always tired. I incorporated seafood into my diet, and once I started tracking my food on here, I started supplementing with protein shakes and bars because it's really hard to get enough. And once I started getting more of it, I was able to keep my calorie count down because it really fills you up.

The first time I had seafood in over a decade, it blew my mind. I was literally full for 6 hours and that had never happened to me lol. You can absolutely get enough protein on a vegetarian or even vegan diet, but it requires a lot more prep work and attention to what you're eating. In the end, I think the pescetarian diet was the best option for me.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    @treehugger88 I was vegan for a few years and I was also at my heaviest during that time. Before I became vegan, I had a very clean diet, but I had to eat a lot more refined foods in order to meet my protein quota, which was rare. I was still a whole food vegan...but gained weight anyway, and lost a ton of hair, and had a lot of health issues, especially related to menstruation and autoimmune flare ups. I researched a lot about veganism, and followed a very clean and healthy vegan diet -- it just did not suit my particular body, unfortunately.