Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    My Determined December plan is split into two portions:

A) The next roughly 2.5 weeks (prior to me spending time with my extended family).
    Goal: Lose 1kg /2.2 lbs
    Plan: Just to keep doing everything I am already doing: I am in a great habit of eating, exercising, sleeping, and fasting well, and am consistently losing weight as a result.

B ) The two weeks over the Christmas period (which I will spend with extended family).
    Goal: End the month weight-neutral, at no more than 71.4 kgs (157.4 lbs). (I.e. I might gain a little over Xmas, but have this balanced by the weight loss in the preceding weeks). This would keep me in the "healthy" BMI range - something I worked hard this year to reach after previously being category 3 obese.

Plan:
    • Stick to liberal LCHF wholefood diet, with the only exception being a small serve of Christmas pudding on Xmas day. Work with family members to schedule a meal plan to ensure suitable meals. Fill up with a large healthy lunch (when I have most control over my food), and eat a small serve of dinner with family. Always have a plan B in case something unexpected is served - a fall back meal I can quickly pull out (boiled eggs, leftovers, etc).
    • Fast at least 4 days during the fortnight. Remember "when in doubt; fast" rather than caving into eating whatever is served.
    • Moderate drinking: no more than 2 glasses of red wine on any given day.
    • 30 mins exercise daily, even if it is just going for a walk around the block. Do early morning yoga in the lounge room before anyone else is up.
    • Get up at 6am as usual, allowing for two sleep-ins per week max. If others are consistently staying up too late, just go to bed early anyway.
    • Walk away from stressful conversations, use a mindfulness app & gratitude journal to manage stress.

Finishing the month (and year) on a good note: my goal was to end the month weight neutral, to not regain weight, to not go back into the "overweight" category... and I've not only achieved that but lost weight (4.2kg/ 9.3lbs) since December 1st. I mostly stuck to (and in some cases exceeded) my plan for the month, though there were a few deviations and failures.
    • Liberal LCHF whoelfood diet (with exception of small serve of Xmas pudding on Christmas Day). ✅
    • Moderated drinking ✅ - I've only had about 3 glasses of wine total, which is less than I planned.
    • 30 mins daily exercise ✅ - have been alternating yoga and running. There have only been a few days this month when I didn't do this.
    • Got up at 6am-ish every morning, even on holidays. ✅
    • Did normal intermittent fasting prior to holiday with family ✅, on holiday I've stuck to time-restricted 2mad eating ✅ but did not do any longer fasting ❌.
    • Have done what I could to manage stress - yoga, gratitude journal, exercise, etc ✅- but definitely have struggled a lot with stress as my family is stressful! ❌ Have decided we will not do Xmas this way again, it is not worth the stress! Thankfully it has calmed down somewhat.

I hope you've all had a good holiday season and are ready for the New Year!
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Violet_Flux I'm sorry about the bad brain day, December is my worst month. You are posting a lot of green checkmarks and that is admirable.

@vkrenz - nice! moving your arms is good form too and burns more calories. Happy anniversary, sharing a free dessert is a nice way to celebrate and you will have that memory

@Luciicul That's awesome!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I saw the 140s again, that's a 6 pound loss for December! I was so surprised, I haven't seen that number since this spring when I put the scale away. I also tried on a pair of jeans that I was certain were going to be tight but they fit better than the day I bought them! Spandex helps. So I guess I nailed all of my monthly goals a day early.

I too am glad the holidays are nearly over. Changing up my workout plan a bit this week and hope that my diet/health can be on autopilot while I focus on other pursuits next month and beyond.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thanks @chickencereal! And congrats on your successes, that's great! 😸

Our day today has been abit better. Still dealing with some fallout from yesterdays problems, but we did ok sticking with our goals & stuff. And I managed to cook something new today without burning it or finding some other way to mess it up! lol. 😹

Dec 30th:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◻️ (last three days of the month)

Just one day left in the month, and the year! We hope its a good one for everybody! 😺
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to close out the month...I started eating at maintenance pretty much Sunday, so today I'll officially adjust the calorie goals and such...December was good...I did good with tracking which helped me lose 2 lbs and establish my own personal maintenance goal...I did miss a lot of workouts with not feeling well, but I also added in about half a dozen 30-60 min sessions on the elliptical when I wasn't up to doing the more intense workouts, so that's something at least...and I'm excited about the January plan, so that's cool!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Looks like you all have done a great job working toward your goals.

The clouds have lifted a little, and I might take a stroll on the Dreadmill later get my heartrate up a little. If everyone else can manage without me for long enough.

Wishing you all a happy New Year's Eve!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Dec 29 check in.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 12/31/19 [It's looking good for a digit wt loss for the month, woo hoo, I excited]
    2. Stay under carb goal (< 35) and under calorie goal (<1,500) every day [carbs 23 and calories 1,008]
    3. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes, walking on treadmill or outside if weather permits [2.1 mile walk on treadmill again, even though I have a wicked head cold]
    4. Plan ahead every day which is challenging with so many potluck opportunities and I love to socialize. [did good]

I see there is a new group for January and will definitely join. I'm looking forward to it.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    whoops, I'm confused on my days. Yesterday was Dec 30 and today is New Year's Eve. I'm doing well today too but this head cold is getting worse and can barely stand myself. I will be under calories and carbs because I don't feel like eating. I did walk on the treadmill but not so fast or long.

See you all over at the January group!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Last day of the month is done for us! It was ok, kinda quiet. Kinda looking forward to another quiet day tomorrow too lol. 😸

Dec 31st:
    1) Carbs < 30g - ✅
    2) 1000 < Calories < 1500 - ✅
    3) Log Everything! - ✅
    4) Hit our activity goal every day - ✅
    5) At least 5 workouts/week - ◼️◼️◼️ (last three days of the month)

I'm too lazy to go back through all the pages in this thread but I'm pretty sure we managed to hit our goals # 5 every week, and our goal #4 every day of the month... goals 1,2,3 I think we missed once or twice. I think we checked in almost every day too, which is way better than I thot we'd do lol. 😸

Happy new years everyone! We hope 2020 will bring success, happiness, & health to everybody! 😺
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was absent at the last of the month. I got the plague so it’s all tissues and coughing over here. I didn’t stick to my carb goals. I did lose a bit of weight so that was nice. Onto the new year.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Sorry I was absent at the last of the month. I got the plague so it’s all tissues and coughing over here. I didn’t stick to my carb goals. I did lose a bit of weight so that was nice. Onto the new year.

So sorry bout the plague. :disappointed:
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    DAY 31
    I am determined:
    Staying under carbs-50g total- NO
    Staying under calories-1500 per day- YES
    Logging and measuring-Daily- YES
    Getting in exercise/movement-3x/week- 0/3
    Increasing water intake - NO
    Planning ahead meals-YES

Starting challenge weight is 199
    Starting waist measurement is 38
    Starting hip measurements is 46

Ending challenge weight 195.2
    Ending waist measurement 37.5
    Ending hip measurement 44.75

So all in all for the month of December I lost about 4 pounds and I lost 2.5 inches on my overall body.
    I stayed mostly gluten free/grain free/sugar free with the occasional cocktail. I already know what I need to work on for January 😉 see you all over there!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Ended the month exactly where I started on the scale so I guess I can’t complain. See everyone on the January thread!