What is your favorite activity on fast days?

Options
QuietBloom
QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
I'm so far finding my fast day a good one for puttering around the house, catching up on laundry etc. :bigsmile:

Replies

• mkthav
    mkthav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to fast on work days. I try to never fast on weekends. I usually do not get home until 6:00, just in time to fix supper and then curl up with a blanket and book. I seem to get the chills when I fast so a blanket feels wonderful... Chills are worth it because the morning after a fast the whole world feels lighter... Good luck on your journey..
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've had 6 months of fast days now so I can look back and say I look forward to them as days I can go a little more slowly and enjoy evert mouthful of food and just live life at a slower pace on these days.
  • lilawenta
    lilawenta Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Like mkthav, I fast on work days. It has been easy for me to work 8-10 hours without taking a break for lunch, and then go home and relax with a 200 calories meal, shower, and hit the sheets!

I ride my bike every day, and have been thinking I would add yoga in on my fast days. Seems like a good day for it.

Posted this in the other 5:2 group, but I use my fast days to also practice mindful eating. I try to do it every day, but its perfect on fasting days. Here are a couple books I would highly recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Savor-Mindful-Eating-Life/dp/0061697702
    http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Moment-Practices-Overcome-Overeating/dp/1572245433
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Mindful eating - that sounds really interesting! I'm going to have to look into that! After my first fast day, I am definitely savoring every lovely bite of food I get today! :love:

I am not working right now, so Sunday is a good day for me to fast. I did have trouble from time to time with feeling very restless - almost crazed with hunger. I took a couple of garcinia cambogia and that seemed to help. Then I tried eating a very light breakfast, but my stomach was like, NO WAY. And wouldn't stop growling. So I ate a couple of waffles. :laugh:
  • autumnmctaggart
    autumnmctaggart Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Dinner!!
    Food always tastes better to me on fast days :)
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree with Autumn, this plan has made me really taste the food I am eating on Fast days. Even Veg! I'd just 'eat' before, rather than taste.

I also only fast on work days, I like to be busy when I fast. As of today I have incorporated 30 day shred, and will also be doing 6 week 6 pack - I've done the shred so far today (fasting today) and I feel great!! I don't know why, but on fast days and the morning after, I feel like I want to do loads of exercise! Then it's a shame I'm at work and sat at a desk lol
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I love what 5:2 fast days do on the "mindful eating" front.

Everything just tastes so good.

Yesterday was a fast day for me and when I took the dog for a walk just as the sun was slowly setting in the evening I foraged some blackberries which are everywhere at the moment... and they tasted SOOOO good.

I don't know what it is but the way flavour and the whole sensation of eating is communicated to the brain seems to be really enhanced on fast days. Every moment is savioured. It's just lovely. :flowerforyou:
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Sorry, to answer the question, one of my fast days is a day when I'm working from home, the other fast day is a day where I'm office based.

I work full-time, two days I work from home and 3 days I'm office based. On my home-based day I'm much more free in how to organise my time and activities so the dog gets a really long walk somewhere nice in the morning (she loves the woods!) and it's like chicken soup for the soul!! :bigsmile: On my office-based day I sometimes alsmost forget it's a fast day when you're rushing to meetings etc. :frown: And I actually really like that more mindful awareness of the fast day, so I'm tempted to swap it for my other home-based day.