magic71755
magic71755 Posts: 3,790 Member
santasmiley.gif heartxmas.gif xmassong1.gifdecboard.gif
holidayxmas.gif

Replies

• magic71755
    Options
    santasmiley.gif Morning all...I took the liberty of starting December...went with Dashing Through December...I had a perfect smiley for the occasion.

xmaspalm.gif Back Later...hugs to all!
  • magic71755
    edited December 2019
    Options
    w_tuesdaybfly2.gif

Today's Plan:
    black coffee
    oatmeal
    cuties
    green smoothie (spinach, almond milk, frozen banana & pineapple, hemp hearts)
    TJ's herb salad and veggie fried rice (whole bag of TJ's baby spinach thrown in)
    Tea and Lulu Love for dessert!

Have a delicious day everyone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Magic, thanks for starting the thread, and I love your dashing smiley! I hope you and Lulu are having a good week! Looking at your menu had me look up TJ's herb salad for some ideas on things to add to my daily big salad. I do add cilantro and/or parsley off and on,

I got up early and did weight lifting, so it feels like it will be a good day! I am feeling recovered from Thanksgiving and full of energy to tackle all the big stack of To Do's I have for today and this week.

I have plans to fuel myself with a good ETL day today:
    B -green smoothie (turnip greens, broccoli, blueberries, ginger, turmeric), almond butter
    L-garbanzo beans, mushrooms, steamed greens, squash, apples & squash
    S-apple slice and cashews
    D-big salad (kale, romaine, roast beets, bell pepper etc), homemade ETL dressing, steamed squash

Also, I think I may try making this Moroccan Eggplant Stew tonight.

ppwmdtctnr7o.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited December 2019
    Options
    w_wednesdaybfly2.gif

Austin, I love that salad...I eat the whole TJs herb salad bag in one go...yum. And, yes, ladies, I am liking my Hot Logic...still have not taken it to work...gotta figure out a good place to plug in...or have someone plug in an extension cord for me...I can't get under my desk.

Anyway, yesterday at Costco I spotted a pre made box of food from Loma Linda. They are one of the blue zones...specifically in Loma Linda, CA. So I am heating that up today in the Hot Logic and pouring over a big bunch of baby spinach. I think the heat of "stew" will wilt the spinach.

My knees are holding out...just can't do too much...but that has been the case for quite some time now. I did order a Tommy Copper knee sleeve...it arrives Friday.

Today's Plan:

black coffeelovecoffee.gif and toast
    green smoothie (spinach, frozen banana and pineapple, almond milk, hemp hearts)
    cuties
    oatmeal
    Tasso's jalapeno & garlic olives
    Chipotle Black Bean "stew" from Loma Linda foods over a bed of wilted baby spinach
    Tea & Lulu LOVE for dessert

• magic71755
    Options
    @Mihani ...so sorry about your friend. That sure has to pull on you physically and emotionally. Sending you love and strength to get through this.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,910 Member
    Options
    Thanks Magic. She has opted for no life prolonging treatment and comfort care only. She's in her 90's and I certainly understand her position and think she's right, but it's still hard! She doesn't have any family but many loving friends who are visiting so that's good. She is still extremely sharp mentally but she has so many things going on physically it is just a matter of time.

I am really wishing I was one of those people who don't get shaken by emotional upheaval and stress, but I haven't got to that point yet. It is so busy and crazy at work, and now watching my friend die. Let's just say Dr. F would be disappointed in me the past few days! LOL

That said, I have a big pot of beans and greens on the stove and my salad prepper friend will be delivering on Thursday, so I am getting back on track! I know good nutrition and exercise helps with stress and emotions, but I tend to spiral sometimes. At least I don't let myself go completely down the drain these days.
  • magic71755
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Mihani I think you're doing just fine. You are still working on keeping you healthy as you deal with all this...no worries if everything is not perfectly aligned. As you said, you have not completely let everything go down the drain.

Nothing really new here...just really trying to get my knee situation in a good place, via healthy, GF food options! I still have not gotten into the pool. I tried using my little portable recumbent bike...but I am not able to bed that much. I bought it in 2015 and it was my go-to for several years. So my knees have gotten worse, just by seeing what I no longer can do.

However, I am still going to try and get back to where I can use it again. Perhaps some time in the pool would help. I just need to get in it!

(Hope that all made sense).
    w_thursdaybfly2.gif

Today's Plan: The biggest change for me is totally eliminating gluten...no more Dave's Killer Bread nor Gardein Burgers. Also, I am using the Fooducate app to check for gluten on labels, as well as scouring the ingredients.

black coffee
    oatmeal
    green smoothie
    cuties & jalapenos
    Herb Salad with tahini dressing, steamed edamame in pods
    veggie fried rice with extra steamed broccoli & spinach
    dessert: Loads of Lulu Love and chaiwalla chai

@AustinRuadhain I so envy all that exercise you do. I wish I could ride a bike again. I used to have my own Lifecycle years ago. I would get up every day before work (4 am-ish) I was teaching at the time...and ride so hard, til sweat was dripping off me. I get so jealous when I see the Peloton commercials. I would love to be there again.
  • Mihani
    Options
    I think you are wise doing your walking and swimming given your knee problems Magic. I hope you are able to get back in the pool soon.

Still running back and forth between work, nursing home, trying to get some "me" time when I get home and relax a bit.

Got my salad prepper's delivery today. So looking forward to a BIG salad for dinner! Planning lots of work time this weekend. I have cancelled or postponed all weekend plans so I can try to finish some things. I seriously hate this time of year at work.
  • magic71755
    edited December 2019
    Options
    fridaysmiley.gif

Yay, for salad @Mihani ...I miss it when I have gone too long without.

Yesterday, my Tommy Copper knee brace thing a ma jig arrived...late in the day, too late to try it out by walking Lulu. But in the house...oh my...total game-changer. Dopey me only ordered one...but did come to my senses and ordered a second one (it arrives tonight). I am just hoping it allows me to walk Lulu for extended times like I used to walk Ernestine. Really gives a lot of support. I will post the link later.

Back to work Friday's Plan:

black coffee
    toast and Miyoko's butter
    green smoothie
    cuties
    oatmeal (my usual) with coconut milk yogurt (NOT ALMOND MILK...something different!)
    more cuties
    veggie rice with loads of baby spinach and extra edamame, tasso's olives

Have a delicious day everyone! shockedsantaf.gif
    LULU LOVE and sleepy time tea for dessert

https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Arthritis-Improved-Circulation-Sleeve-Single-Medium/dp/B078MGYSRM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1Z4WVHT5TBE78&keywords=thx4+copper+sports+compression+knee+brace&qid=1575636101&sprefix=thx4+,aps,225&sr=8-4
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hello! I got all my salad stuff sorted into containers for the week. Going to make roasted brussels sprouts and red potatoes and a salad dressing yet tonight. Also picked up some collard greens and going to saute those with onion and mushrooms.

Have had good ETL kind of days the past couple days. Still trying to go to the nursing home most days but skipped it today since I knew others were going to visit. Need to do laundry and cooking tonight then to the office tomorrow.
  • magic71755
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Today's Plan:

black coffee
    oatmeal
    cuties
    mad greens APPLE GREENIE
    veggie rice with a huge amount of spring mix heated to perfection in my Hot Logic, so Very Cool.
    mad greens BEET IT
    Tassos's garlic and jalapeno olives
    HOME with my MY GIRL ... Friday EVE for us!

You are so organized! Being smart enough to enlist help when you need it is part of being organized, @Mihani !

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Happy Sunday, ETL friends!

Magic, I had to google the Mad Greens juices. They sound so delicious and healthy! Hopefully as you keep eating so carefully, your knees will keep improving. Anyway, I will have to try making some of those juice mixes. They look great.

Enjoy your end-of-the-week evening tonight! Are you doing anything after dinner? Reading a book? Watching a movie?

As for exercise -- I have been almost unable to walk myself, so I can offer sympathy, for what that's worth. I think you swim? That seems like great exercise. If you want to mix it up, maybe try something low impact like Tai Chi? Or Qigong? There are some great vidoes to get started on those, if you feel like being adventuresome!

Mihani, I am so impressed you are eating so well with all you have going on. As Magic says, you are super smart to get help! I hope all your work on laundry and cooking is going well, and that you are having a peaceful day.

I am having a busy family weekend -- two events yesterday and two today. I am about to head out for the last one -- a science team practice session for my son. In fact, my son is here telling me it's time to go! Later, peeps!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning sweet friends! Just time to give you my plan for today...I wish you all a good day...you are the loveliest people...very caring. So nice I found this group...aligned with my diet and SO MUCH MORE. Peace. lotussmiley.gif

Today's Plan:
    black coffee
    oatmeal
    cuties
    Mad Greens Juice
    veggie fried rice
    olives and cuties
    refried bean tostadas on Ezekiel corn tortillas
    Tea and Lulu Love for Dessert

catmaspressief.gif
  • magic71755
    Options
    topstar.gif
    Today's Plan...(kinda fluid today...watching one of my favorite WFPB You Tubers for inspiration at the moment).
    Black Coffee
    Oatmeal with my favorite Wild Organic Blueberries from TJs (I was out and stopped yesterday and picked up THREE bags...they are perfect, tiny but mighty)
    green juice
    cuties & olives (maybe not together...MOST LIKELY not together lol)
    burrito bowl herb salad base, rice, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, onions, salsa, tortillas strips which are corn tortillas air fried and chopped up
    I think another green juice
    Dinner: OUT with friend from work...dinner theatre ... ELF, the musical...I am an invited guest. How special is that!
    I did check the menu and they even say MAY BE MADE GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN. NOW, that is very cool.
    Tea AND a very CLEAN LULU LOVE for dessert...she gets a groom today.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Plan:

black coffee
    green juice
    oatmeal
    cuties
    veggie sushi (my first attempt at this) nori sheets, rice, carrots, cukes, avocado, dark leafy greens...dipping sauce-coconut aminos
    olives
    dinner: baked potato, steamed broccoli, herb salad with tahini/lemon/maple syrup dressing

DESSERT: Sleepy time tea and loads of Lulul Love!

Hope your day is as delicious as mine. Later, mates! gingerbsmiley.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hey there, Magic! How was your dinner and theater evening? "Elf" sounds like fun! And how did Lulu like getting cleaned? I imagine her as super sweet, but I know not all dogs love that process!
    Oh, and how did making veggie sushi go? Making sushi sounds super twiddly, but it is such a delicious and pretty food!

Mihani, I hope you are doing well today. I keep thinking of you and your spending time with your dying friend. I am wishing you peace and heaqlth.

I have a good ETL plan for the day and am on track so far:
    B -green smoothie (collards & spinach, broccoli, blueberries, ginger, turmeric, lemon), almond butter, a few goji berries
    L-garbanzo beans, mushrooms, diced parsnip; steamed greens; squash, onions and tomato; apples, turnip & acorn squash
    S-apple slices and flax meal
    D-big salad (kale, romaine, bell pepper etc), homemade ETL dressing, steamed squash

Oh, and as I type this, I have a little bird cuddled on one side of my neck. He is being super cuddly and kissy today!

I can't get a good photo of it, but it looks something like this:
    qjt59ujgh71k.jpg
  • magic71755
    Options
    I love the birdie...so sweet. Lulu is an angel at the groomers...at least so far. Elf was great and they had vegan options...and GF as well. FABULOUS!

I did not make the sushi. Instead, I made a sushi bowl...sushi rice, sushi ginger, cukes, avocado, low sod tamari...and then I used the little roasted seaweed snacks from Trader Joes. Pretty delish...and very light.

I saw High Carb Hannah eating it...it looked so good. I found the sushi ginger at Sprouts...does have a bit of sugar in it. Anyway, really good. Also, I did buy some vegan kimchi...trying to help out my tummy...good gut health and all.

OK, I think I need a bird, cept Lulu would pretty much be jealous I think.

Night all.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, running myself ragged the past couple weeks. The end of year is nothing but pressure and stress at work to meet end of year deadlines. I hope next year with the new help that it won't all hit like this. Still going to the nursing home almost daily. Those places are always kind of depressing but the hospice nurses are wonderful.

Vegan sushi is one of my specialties, Magic! Sounds like a fun night out.

I always wanted a bird when I was younger, Austin. Your ETL day sounds great and the root veggies sound delish. So warm and comforting in the cold weather.

Better get out the door to the office!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey, Magic! I am so glad Elf was such a great success! Your sushi bowl sounds delicious! I am going to try that on my teenager. It sounds like something he would like!
    I also found your mention of kimchi inspiring. My husband and I do our on ferments sometimes. I am going to show him this recipe I found: Easy Vegan Kimchi (from Minimalist Baker)

Mihani, thanks so much for stopping by to check in. It is such a busy time of year anyway, and you have so much going on.

I have a good ETL plan for today. So far, so good:
    B -green smoothie (spinach, broccoli, blueberries, fresh ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, lemon juice), almond butter, a few goji berries, an apple slice***
    L-garbanzo beans, mushrooms, diced parsnip; steamed greens; squash, onions and tomato; apples, cranberries, turnip & acorn squash
    S-apple sauce and flax meal
    D-big salad (kale, romaine, bell pepper etc), homemade ETL dressing, steamed squash

***I was cutting up apple for the bird, and wanted a nibble. Birds are plant eaters and ours can eat many of the things I do (though some things, like onion and avocado are dangerous). Our bird is clearly a flock animal and King of the the Flock, and wants to try everything I eat. This morning, he dropped a cashew bit he was chewing on and literally ran across the counter, chirping, when he saw the container of almond butter. It's a huge favorite of his!

Yikes! Time to go!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Just time to post this for now...back later! Love you guys!

xmaspalm.gif

Today's Plan:
    Black coffee...at this very moment!
    2, 16-oz celery/pineapple/ginger/cuke juices
    GF toast (Little Northern Bakehouse...love this brand!)
    cuties
    olives
    veggie rice with edamame
    Lulu Love and sleepy time tea for dessert!

Have a delicious day everyone! salvarmysmiley.gif