Just Started

Options
Hi! I’m new to keto; I’ve only been doing it a couple weeks, though I had been lower carb for a while.

I’m looking to lose 120 pounds total, but I’m only doing it 20 at time. Then I’m maintaining for a few months to crest a new set point for my body.

So far, breakfast has been my biggest challenge. I go into work early and am used to skipping breakfast. I’m thinking of making some dill-pickled eggs and having those at work for breakfast with a bit of cheese.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you normally skip breakfast...why are you planning to eat it now?
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @conniebug76 Skipping breakfast fits in perfectly with 16:8 TRE/Intermittent Fasting protocol. Personally, I like my "breakfast" only because I like eggs and bacon, but I don't actually eat it until around 11am. That gives me a perfect 16 hour fast window from 7pm to 11am. There's lots of research to support this easy to implement strategy.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to know more. I have lots of article links. May God bless you and your goals!
  • conniebug76
    conniebug76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you normally skip breakfast...why are you planning to eat it now?

I would normally skip breakfast then eat nonstop from noon to 11 pm. When I eat breakfast around 9am, I find I’m not as hungry in the afternoon.
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    @conniebug76 Skipping breakfast fits in perfectly with 16:8 TRE/Intermittent Fasting protocol. Personally, I like my "breakfast" only because I like eggs and bacon, but I don't actually eat it until around 11am. That gives me a perfect 16 hour fast window from 7pm to 11am. There's lots of research to support this easy to implement strategy.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to know more. I have lots of article links. May God bless you and your goals!

Agree-I have never eaten breakfast. I have coffee and it holds me til lunch. Then I eat dinner and stop eating for the night (which has always been my downfall) At the time I started I didn't know about IF. But that is what I am doing and it works great for me.
  • conniebug76
    Options
    I’m not doing fasting. I’m eating breakfast.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options

I think what they're all responding to is that you said the hardest thing was breakfast in your original post.

I see what you're saying about how breakfast actually is helping you stay on-plan by eliminating the non-stop eating.

You might want to look up keto mini-quiche recipes. Making quiches with no crust in muffin tins and then you can grab some to go. There are cream cheese muffin things, too, that are pretty good that I used to make when I was keto. You make a muffin tin full of either and then you are set for a few days.
    HTH.
  • conniebug76
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

You might want to look up keto mini-quiche recipes. Making quiches with no crust in muffin tins and then you can grab some to go. There are cream cheese muffin things, too, that are pretty good that I used to make when I was keto. You make a muffin tin full of either and then you are set for a few days.
    HTH.

That’s a good idea. I’m going to make a batch of baby quiches this weekend. Thanks!
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @conniebug76 just letting you know that skipping breakfast is already part of a healthy protocol, but if it doesn't work for you, then you gotta do what works for you!

@baconslave Oh yeah these are super. I have made batches of these for the whole family. I add croutons to bottoms of the ones for the boys, and you can stuff whatever toppings you like in. Veggies, bacon, sausage, whatever. Or I've just made plain ones with cheese. It's super easy and they heat in the microwave well.