Any Zombies, Run! users here? Is the premium version worth it?

Options
VanVanDiane
VanVanDiane Posts: 1,373 Member
Title says it all really - having recently upgraded my phone I can finally download the app, and have done one run so far (which certainly took some of the dread out of the treadmill).

I'm planning on using it whenever bad weather forces me to the gym to run, which may be twice or three times a week, depending. Anyone here use the app? And if so, did you upgrade to the paid version and is it worth it?

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I bought it because I got too fed up wit waiting for episodes. It was definitely worth it at the time, because my phone was so crap I couldn't just listen to music on it, and I hadn't yet discovered Strava or Garmin or any of the other super duper distance/pace tracking things.
    I also ran a couple of their virtual races, which were awesome but they are pretty expensive.
    Now, I probably won't pay for premium when my 2nd year runs out simply because I'm at a point where I find my mind wanders off so much when I'm running that I don't pay attention to it much. In fact I've had to replay a couple of missions after getting home just to find out what happened!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Did you do the supply runs @eleanorhawkins? I guess I’ll see how often I use it, but I’m liking it so far. I know there’s a week to wait after my 4 free episodes are done, but when does that week start counting down? Only after completing #4?
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Not sure... the supply runs come in handy for between missions. I have never used the intervals, or the airdrop. Or the training plan side, because they never seemed to suit my needs.