New Mom to Dads again at our age anyone else ?

Options
Had a baby in 2017 all over again he’ll be 3yrs old in March. Daughter 20 in the Navy so huge huge huge gap. I’m finding everything the Doctors were supportive of has flip flopped ! Odd new ways of doing things everyone shocked at my ideas (They were popular back with first Daughter). Been an odd ride so far. My Son has Gigantism so he’s a very tall kid (everyone who says yeah my kids tall... has an odd expression on their face as my kid walks around the corner with Grandma or Dad.
Then he gets called a giant. Used to the term Doctors say it too when their surprised by him or they think their in the wrong exam room. He a gentle one tho funny loves to be called tiny or itty bitty as he over flows with giggly love. Was post menopause when I got pregnant so still suprised I have him (miracle baby). Had a Csection y a pregnancy equal to being ran over by a subway train 🚇. Mine wasn’t a scheduled tiny one like everyone shows me . Mine was hip to hip plus an up y down (autopsy flaps an ER Doctor called them) so no more bikinis for this Gal! Been lonely since no one my age has little ones anymore their all talking about their planned cruises to grandkid or the fun night out with Gal pals.... they well tell me they don’t remember much about how to do the baby thing anymore. The ones with grandkids give me a sliver of info on a new toy but that’s it well he’s passed the weight height limit for many of those too. Got a short adult Daughter 5’2 who can’t lift her 4ft soon to be 3yr old brother (40lb toddler try lifting that with Csection taking all the stomach muscles). She’s in the Navy since age 17 so she fears missing out on bonding since only a few weeks visit a year soon less she’ll ship out soon . Churches I attended for years shut the nursery down cause no kids so I find myself sitting him on my lap or staying home. He can’t fit it shopping carts is our new issue so we’re struggling to find ways to go out (stroller height y weight limits are usually smaller than him found 2 but the wheels squeak shake sound like they’ll break so afraid to rely on it! I find finding products when your looking for an old golfing cloth diaper search for hours to get pushed by a worker to an odd training pants looking section told we have these are these what your describing? Nope y yes ! Their cloth diapers but not what I remember the cleaning instructions sound iffy! Yup that’s been my experience so far. Buy a toy it won’t work...find instructions have to become an IT guy! Then it talks baby runs scared of it....rips batteries out hands it as is lol.

Am I alone or are their more of us with Geriatric Pregnancies as they nicknamed us? (Nope not checking into a nursing home anytime soon no matter how Geriatric they think I am!)

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Anyone 35+ who has had a baby at least??? Lol starting to see why I feel like the only old Woman at the play areas as teen Moms to 20 year olds skip past me think I’m the grandma 👵.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and have 2 kids. Had them when I was 34 & 36.
    Many of my friends had kids either super young or well into their 30's. I wasn't alone- or I didn't feel like it.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    I was pregnant same time as my 17yr old 2nd cousins so at least at family events I can hold onto them talk about baby stuff but nothing else. My Mom has me in old age so she passed while my Daughter was 14yrs old (She’s now 20 in the Navy). My Dad has Dementia so his baby tolerance is low ,but when he can muster up some strength he does something with us a few times a year. My Mother-in-law too old to baby sit but she goes with me to do stuff so I have someone to help me wrangle him,but awkward for her she speaks a different dialect of Spanish than me y no English so I translate for her well conversations are very short y vague. Better than nothing ! She always on my side of a sales clerk is rude! My Daughter can visit 1-2times a year until her ship goes to sea again so she uses her vacation to be my buddy y bond with baby. My friend who never had kids ;Godmother of both 20+ years of Godmothering from a different city going strong is my texting buddy when she can is the only one who didn’t poof the minute I got pregnant (at least they said why to my face but still a Debby Downer moment). Hubby manned up to be there as much as possible but he works 7 days a week. Out of my relatives everyone else has ages 16+ in my age group (got the 17yr olds 2nd cousins at least for 2 1/2yrs now to cling to at family events to chat about kid stuff). No one in my family has ever had a Csection I’m the first so my Mother-in-law luckily y my sister-in-law has ones back in the day could give some advice,but their just starting to diet cause I started now so no advice there I’m giving them advice. Hubby family the youngest kids to his younger siblings are all girls way older so we tried to have a play date but baby boy wasn’t having it he sat next to his 9yr old cousin watched him play video games lol which the 9yr old replies “I don’t ummm okay .”He’s the only boy born besides mine in that family so guess their buds now at family events like a testosterone magnet lol. He does say “Glad you had a boy I’m not the only one now.”Then unpaused his games they stared away like zombies 👶 🧟‍♂️ . I can’t hit a gym because permanent damage from the whole birth like a hysterectomy with other damages all I can describe it as. So I walk indoors a lot in the house y diet with my 60yr old Make 3rd cousin by texts (he’s on the Keto’s with his wife) . I was the baby in my family born 10yrs+ after everyone else . My Mom has support tho the Disability clinic was full of Moms with Autistic - Downsyndrome adult kids for her to hang out with y their adult kids so lots of love for her to classes made to learn how to care for children to cook with her abilities y Doctor present to help her until it clicked. I got lots of friends back then to play with y classes for me to be her caregiver. I miss my Mom she would have rallied her Special Needs friends we would have went on outings together if she was around. I did update her funeral page to announce her grandsons birth so bet one Geaven she read it smiled. She was a lovable old gal think she knew he’d be born someday had a box in the closet as we shifted through her clothes so I could have 1x-3xs for maternity wear that still had toys in it y a note keep for my Grandbabies (At the time she died Daughter was 14 so instead of Grandkid it said Grandkids made Dad y me smile).

I have lost 45lbs so far in my weight loss journey regaining mobility is my goal!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited December 2019
    Options
    zug7940y5oyd.jpeg

Still looking for exercises for a busy Mom who has to type in one breath log off y run after a 2yr old bent on attacking the Christmas tree y presents. Ones for after Csection (can use after Hysterectomy ones even tho uterus was Frankensteined back together). Ones that are indoors if possible. Hot flash how to’s for when the exercises trigger it but you need to keep going for another 20minutes at least! Ones toddler aged kids can do with you would be nice 👍 also. Well How you built back your stomach muscles after Csection or hysterectomy advice since mine are fully gone. Doctors say no lifting over 30lbs except baby (They have to make an exception for that since 40lbs+ lifting into truck car seats to the potty for training times).

If anyone knows of toys for taller kids toss it in!!! 4ft tall !!! Only turning 3yrs old in March!!!
    Any picky toddler Octovarian recipes need them all!!! Even finger foods for them just keep in mind he refuses fruit we don’t know why but even the Doctor has a banana tossed in her face him gagging brushing his tongue 👅 when we weren’t believed. He’s picky to a next level type (fingers crossed 🤞 that it’s just a phase) . Meat just like his adult sister he throws up Medical science still can’t explain her as an adult she now eats raw fish very raw (pescatarian).We’re a very mixed diet family meat eaters to Different types of vegetarians. If anyone had a tall kid what did you do when they were too tall for a stroller y front of a shopping cart but so young a few steps they giggle then get tired fast sit down refuse to get back up! Keep in mind 2yrs old not talking yet just confused stares as you try to say get up .

Diet advise on healthy low calorie snacks to meals that are convenient to make to for the pantry that I can use for a family very welcomed! Have revamped the pantry to freezer to be low cal, low salt , y low or no sugar options but still something folks would want to eat like kids y guests (my father y mother-in-law my only visitors anymore).

I’d look it up in a parenting magazine but lol their geared to tiny kids y young moms who apparently are healthy to boot without peri menopause. Picture a Young thing in a bikini or right tiny workout gear at a gym lifting weights to volleyball 🏐 under exercises for new Moms in a parent magazine. Or articles on Twitter to snapped chats or faced book how to post great pics ...I’m still at a kiosk trying to figure out where the SD chip thingy goes. For Christmas got lucky found a seller of 5ft tents told them our issue bought the tent (they discounted it found out when the credit card statement came in ,so sweet of them after I thanked them post man came weeks later with a free tent!!! So thanked them again! If he sits in it after he reaches 5ft he can still use these with a thin blanket to read books etc! ). National Basketball league sent me a link to Shaqs baby measurements for the dieticians to use if any one needs it Here it is! Even if you need it for grandkids to taller older teens it goes to his age 25 height y weight thanks to Shaqs Mama keeping her records.Pediactrics think he’s fat because they go by average sized kids so their advice has been dangerously wrong! That’s why we consulted a few dieticians y a skin doctor for anything for eczema y Keratosis Pilaris. Definitely any taller kid advice I can use for school what to expects to how to find pants!!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Found out I can use an exercise band to do exercises (would rebuild arms y stomach muscles up) ,but have no clue what one looks like,where to buy online,or how to use them. Anyone know??
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
  • ctupdu
    ctupdu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and had my last one at 41. Total surprise. There is an 11 yr difference in my youngest and the next one. It has been harder than I remember. I am finding there are so many things that I did with my other kids that are frowned upon now. I really have issues with some things I am told by the doctors and so forth. I am one to go with what I know works and maybe try something new with the littlest. I have found it really hard to keep up with him because of my age and how heavy I am. I was told when I was pregnant that I needed to lose several pounds. I had issues when pregnant and delivered the baby early. He was kept in NICU for a week before I got to bring him home and then had to have a surgery at 2 months. Now at the age of 3 1/2 you cannot tell there is one thing wrong with him. He is an absolute mess. I know I haven't gone through anything like you have but sometimes it helps just to talk about it. If you need to rant and rave feel free to friend me to just let it out.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Ctupdu- Exactly my experience! Yes friending you cause my goodness brought out the baby nail clippers at the hospital they confiscated them cause the young folks were cutting fingers off! I thought how the whattttttt!! It’s like farm animals you cut the baby or animals back half way not to the cuticle! Who cuts farther than midway! Then they brought me scissors ✂️ pointy ones said here you go! Wiggly baby pointy object yeah waited till I got home to trim the nails. Mil y me stunned 😳. I got a full 18yr difference between my kids ! So even cloth diapers they jumped on me as I folded the napkin handed me disposable. Later found out cloth diapers are Velcro under wear types now. Mine are so out of date they scared 😱 the nurses lol 😂. This time got my favorite Dr at our clinic. Filipino y old fashioned she’s on my page read her colleagues notes 📝 “Crazy!” “He’s fat worrying about babies fat instead of his midsection!” “Back in crib! Baby toe fit in crib nothing else she’s blind!” “Ignore them they know nothing!” Lol that’s why I love her says what she thinks no filter if it hurts probably should listen she has wisdom .

My son skipped the NICU they came in say he was huge preemie sent him to the regular unit. He has gigantism so tallest kid in kindergarten someday they’ll have to borrow a desk from the teachers lounge or older grades .