LTL Thursday Dec 19th Naughty or Nice

Options
podkey
podkey Posts: 5,080 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for December are below:

Monday-88Olds(George)

Tuesday-Imastar2(Derrick)

Wednesday-GavinFlynn1(Gavin)

Thursday-Podkey(Bob)

Friday-myallforjc(Bill)

Today’s topic: Naughty or Nice! Joy or Sorrow how does the "Season" treat ya!

Replies

• podkey
    Options
    For some this time of year is all about the joy and yes kids can be great. For far too many it is a sad gloomy time of year. How do you cope with it all, or are you just about the joy?
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Going to be Joyful despite losing two brothers one older Sept 8th and eldest December 10th and learning on December 11th I have to have my aortic valve replaced and doing testing 12/27 & 12/30 to see if I have any blockages so they can do all repair at the same time. 🙂

Going to be Joyful even though I have a 26 yo DS that's misbehaving but still alive.😡

Joyful because a special person was born 2000 years ago and I've been a believer ever since I was 7 but have had to ask for total forgiveness many many times.🕊

Joyful because I have a DW of almost 30 years in August and are going to make it Joyful that she's in good health.👫

Joyful because I've lost 27.4 lbs since 10/4 in 10 weeks. 👏

Lastly looking for the Joy in all things and looking foward to a Joyful 2020. 🎆

SW/GW/CW
    400.8/185/332.2
    TL/68.6 lbs👍

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,536 Member
    Options
    We had funerals for my inlaws early December, two years in a row so for a couple of years it was subdued. A few years laters those memories persist but joy has returned. We found my DMIL's Christmas stocking in a forgotten drawer and as my wife held we decided to put it out this year. I am in the middle of a 4 mos back flare up so Christmas has been scaled back quite a bit. But over the years you learn what is really important. The truth of Christmas persists and we will all be together. Joy wins.
  • podkey
    Options
    It will be a joy to be with our family for sure.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,934 Member
    Options
    As usual, joyful. Going to DD's for Christmas dinner, and youngest DS will be there with his 3 boys (youngest 16).
    We'll be singing Christmas eve Mass with eldest DS, and, maybe his 2 DDs.
    I will be more or less careful with dinner and desserts. It's the après dinner food and drink I really need to be wary of.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy this time of year. Hanukkah comes late this year, so it starts on Sunday evening. There's a great joy about celebrating with the menorah, plus the latkes and sufganiyot! The only (minor) downside is that it's a holiday whose foods are focused on being oily (to help remember the oil in the temple that lasted for 8 days instead of 1 day).

Past that, I love New Year's Eve, even though we always celebrate at home

Work slows down a lot, with many people away for the holidays. That means I get to think a little bit.

There is one downside, though, as we lost my father-in-law this year. He would sometimes come through town during this time of year, and it was always a lot of fun when he was around.

So overall, lots of joy with a tinge of sorrow.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    It will be joyful to not have to set an alarm for the next 12 days. This is my last workday for 2019. I return to work on Thursday, 1/2.

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I usually try to have Full kind of giuy. So I will look for Joy because it’s so easy to look at the naughty list.
    Joy to be under GW since March 2018. (SW 376 GW 184)

Celebrated 50year wedding anniversary.

Grateful for family, 3 sons with their wives and three grandchildren, Five siblings with extended family. 94 yo Aunt June.

Friends.

Relatively good health compared to what it could be.