January 19 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Tracking: Yes - estimating to the best of my ability.
    Calories: not at all - so far over
    Exercise: Yes - sanding furniture, 18 holes golfing cart

Water - ounces - ugh

Went golfing with friends and then we all went out for dinner and drinks. There are no words. But I haven’t done anything like this since Christmas. I had fun. In the past, I would say “oh well” and continue to have this type of fun. I am trying to find ways to socialize in non dinner and drink ways but finding people to do the same is hard. I want to socialize but it seems all people want to do is meet for dinner and drinks. I’m beginning to feel isolated and that’s just a bummer. Seriously, gold fish crackers were involved while having cocktails before dinner. I’m not upset about tonight. It was one night. I’m upset that I don’t know how to live differently and not be completely alone. And if one more person takes a picture of their food and posts i5 before eating, I may throw my fork at them. Maybe it’s me. I know, I’m whining. Maybe I’ve lost my mind.

Pass 3/3.

@readyornot1234
    I have faced & do faced the isolation of not eatingANDsocializing.

Some of the things I do:
    1.I never suggest eating out. (I figured out that usually I was the one suggesting that.) So I stopped that.
    2. I suggested coffee/tea or a walk or both. I learned that Almost ALL of my friends (thin folks) LOVE that! Now if they ask me to lunch, they’ll say or we could get coffee or take a walk, if you prefer.
    3. I really faced how bad restaurant food is for me & for my health. Literally one meal & my addiction flares up. It is the last habit I need to overcome. To my knowledge, folks don’t push alcohol on alcoholics. But, they don’t realize one meal out, can trigger almost identical issues for me of overconsumption, falling of wagon, negative self talk, hopelessness.
    4. I have invited groups over for art times.
    5. I am considering joining several other groups around common non-food interests.
    6. I invite them to my house for a meal, so I can have good options.
    7. I pay attention to how slender friends order & eat at restaurants, hoping to learn better habits.
    8. I am hoping I can learn to have 1/2 of the meal boxed up when it arrives...but have not been successful yet.
    9. Only order one thing. A salad or an entree or dessert or a drink (other than water.)

Do not give up. You can solve this.

Thank you. I think we all need this!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Jan 19

Exercise: Yes -over 2 hours or chopping, peeling, cooking and prepping for the week
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,050 Member
    Options
    Tracking: Yes - estimating to the best of my ability.
    Calories: not at all - so far over
    Exercise: Yes - sanding furniture, 18 holes golfing cart

Water - ounces - ugh

Went golfing with friends and then we all went out for dinner and drinks. There are no words. But I haven’t done anything like this since Christmas. I had fun. In the past, I would say “oh well” and continue to have this type of fun. I am trying to find ways to socialize in non dinner and drink ways but finding people to do the same is hard. I want to socialize but it seems all people want to do is meet for dinner and drinks. I’m beginning to feel isolated and that’s just a bummer. Seriously, gold fish crackers were involved while having cocktails before dinner. I’m not upset about tonight. It was one night. I’m upset that I don’t know how to live differently and not be completely alone. And if one more person takes a picture of their food and posts i5 before eating, I may throw my fork at them. Maybe it’s me. I know, I’m whining. Maybe I’ve lost my mind.

Pass 3/3.

@readyornot1234
    I have faced & do faced the isolation of not eatingANDsocializing.

Some of the things I do:
    1.I never suggest eating out. (I figured out that usually I was the one suggesting that.) So I stopped that.
    2. I suggested coffee/tea or a walk or both. I learned that Almost ALL of my friends (thin folks) LOVE that! Now if they ask me to lunch, they’ll say or we could get coffee or take a walk, if you prefer.
    3. I really faced how bad restaurant food is for me & for my health. Literally one meal & my addiction flares up. It is the last habit I need to overcome. To my knowledge, folks don’t push alcohol on alcoholics. But, they don’t realize one meal out, can trigger almost identical issues for me of overconsumption, falling of wagon, negative self talk, hopelessness.
    4. I have invited groups over for art times.
    5. I am considering joining several other groups around common non-food interests.
    6. I invite them to my house for a meal, so I can have good options.
    7. I pay attention to how slender friends order & eat at restaurants, hoping to learn better habits.
    8. I am hoping I can learn to have 1/2 of the meal boxed up when it arrives...but have not been successful yet.
    9. Only order one thing. A salad or an entree or dessert or a drink (other than water.)

Do not give up. You can solve this.

Thank you. I think we all need this!

Thank YOU @victorious55 !
    I never know whether to write these things or not. Very much appreciate your response!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Jan 19

Ex: 191 😳 min steep gorgeous hike with my darling husband - just lovely. #grateful for him & our mutual love of nature/hiking :)

My Ex is Always > 20 mins.💯

Tracked: All, every bite. I always do.💯

Calories: under!!!! YAY!! 2188 of 2,200 🥰

Getting back in the saddle: 1️⃣2️⃣ day streak with my calories.

Pass Days Left: 1
    Pass Days used: Jan 1, Jan 7

I’m going to be in the Winner’s ⭕️!!
    #determined
    #11 days to go❣️Lots of social things next weekend..Beginning to plan how to handle now. I want to be in the Winner’s ⭕️ this month‼️
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I am so glad you did post. I was so down last night, after eating BBQ and cornbread, and generally just feeling unwell because of it. You have no idea how much your post meant to me when I read it this morning. It gave me back my determination. I have also asked people to do things in the past and there’s no reciprocation. People tell me they’re busy and I get that. But I sometimes wonder if it’s just me. So I’ve stopped putting myself out there. I think the next time I’m in a group setting and making small talk I will mention that I am always looking for someone to join me while doing something active and see if anybody bites.

@fitlulu4150 - I am 55, and no one I know wants to do anything active. I am in a new state and the women I know ride in golf carts, play bridge, have cocktails, and socialize at lunch and dinner. I recently asked someone to go kayaking, and she told me that if it didn’t have a motor, she wasn’t getting in. So I will kayak alone. I joined a hiking group up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire but it wasn’t for me. I was also one of the older people in the group. Those people climb like mountain goats. I am older and slower, and it may take me a little longer to get there. I do love hiking though. My favorite places are Arizona and Colorado.

I have been looking at local activities on line. Maybe if I put myself out there, even though I will be going alone, I will start to meet like minded people. I just can’t sit through the dinners every other night making small talk. I’d rather be outside making mud pies.

Thank you both. And yes, we will figure this out. And if you pass by a woman sitting in the dirt making mud pies, say hi to me.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Quick note that book clubs at your local library can be great. I've met two of my best friends through book clubs. Sometimes there are snacks, but eating is definitely optional.
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Not my best day, haha. Spent it curled up catching up on old shows and avoiding work. Ended up having to get up at 4am on Monday to get work done (on my day off!). Anyway, passssss.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I am so glad you did post. I was so down last night, after eating BBQ and cornbread, and generally just feeling unwell because of it. You have no idea how much your post meant to me when I read it this morning. It gave me back my determination. I have also asked people to do things in the past and there’s no reciprocation. People tell me they’re busy and I get that. But I sometimes wonder if it’s just me. So I’ve stopped putting myself out there. I think the next time I’m in a group setting and making small talk I will mention that I am always looking for someone to join me while doing something active and see if anybody bites.

@fitlulu4150 - I am 55, and no one I know wants to do anything active. I am in a new state and the women I know ride in golf carts, play bridge, have cocktails, and socialize at lunch and dinner. I recently asked someone to go kayaking, and she told me that if it didn’t have a motor, she wasn’t getting in. So I will kayak alone. I joined a hiking group up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire but it wasn’t for me. I was also one of the older people in the group. Those people climb like mountain goats. I am older and slower, and it may take me a little longer to get there. I do love hiking though. My favorite places are Arizona and Colorado.

I have been looking at local activities on line. Maybe if I put myself out there, even though I will be going alone, I will start to meet like minded people. I just can’t sit through the dinners every other night making small talk. I’d rather be outside making mud pies.

Thank you both. And yes, we will figure this out. And if you pass by a woman sitting in the dirt making mud pies, say hi to me.

@readyornot1234
    Great idea Re: l’m always looking for people to do active things!!”

Have you checked our Meet-up app?

White Mountains!! I’m envious!! Perhaps you could start a 55+ trail hikes group or nature journaling/hiking group or photography & nature walks?

Maybe I should do the same!!! 😁

Oh & I’ll be beside you as you make mud pies — drawing ✍️ the 🍃 🍁 and 🌲 🌳 and 🦅 🦢 🐦 and 🏔’s!!

(Sent you a friend request)😄
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Corrected date from above
    January 19
    Exercised? NO
    Tracked? YES
    Calories? NO
    Passes Used: 4/3
    Lost day - bad weather - no motivation - tomorrow is another day.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    I live near the Maverick's monster wave surf, so hiked w dog along cliffs. The waves were huge and beautiful today.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 what meet up app?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 what meet up app?

@readyornot1234

Meetup.com
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (gym workout)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES