Detox diet -40 days

Options
ZB1110
ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
Going to start a diet detox for 40 days after the new year.
This is not just about the diet or weight. I’ve been numbing out with food and alcohol for way too long. I’ll be glad to Get through the holidays, but I’m ready to detox my mind and body. Also with my detox it will be yoga and at least 10 minutes of meditation in the morning and at night. Plus I’m going to need time outs through out the day to deal instead of eating and drinking.
Ok just a public statement of accountability. 😃

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)

I am also starting a detox. Part of it is really just eating clean - that does the bulk of work for our bodies. I also like to use Thorne products, such as liver cleanse (because I tend to have really foggy liver) and formula SF722 (because I tend to have candida overgrowth), and a magnesium supplement (for bowel movement because I tend to be constipated).

Best of luck to you! I'd like to hear more about your detox journey, so if you want to post some updates, I'd be excited to read about those!
  • ZB1110
    Options
    Yes I’m the same with detox - just clean eating and drinking more tea and water. But I’m also doing a vegetarian diet and I’m usually a meat eater. But I want to see if I feel a difference with that too.

Day 1 off to a good start. My only challenge was my sweet daughter bought me thin Reese’s cups cause she knows PB is my favorite. I’ll have to hide them for 40 days lol.
  • garcia_bev
    garcia_bev Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So should I detox while I change my eating habits or completely detox first
  • ZB1110
    Options
    I wouldn’t necessarily do ‘detox’
    If you are trying to change your eating habits than just focus on what you need to change.
    I have pretty good eating habits but just needed a reset after the holidays, and a few other personal reasons.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    ZB1110 wrote: »
    Going to start a diet detox for 40 days after the new year.
    This is not just about the diet or weight. I’ve been numbing out with food and alcohol for way too long. I’ll be glad to Get through the holidays, but I’m ready to detox my mind and body. Also with my detox it will be yoga and at least 10 minutes of meditation in the morning and at night. Plus I’m going to need time outs through out the day to deal instead of eating and drinking.
    Ok just a public statement of accountability. 😃

Good luck with the new eating plan! How’s it going?
  • ZB1110
    Options
    Day 13: mostly I’ve stuck to it. No alcohol -
    But a little cheating with the food diet due to poor planning and nothing handy when starving but it’s not been bad. Mostly, I’ve met my goal of just tuning in when cravings hit and not numbing out with food which is really the point over anything else.

Will cheat a bit tonight however because my son and I are going to a class on how to make tamales. I’m really looking forward to it and spending time with my teenager. It’s so hard to find things we can do together anymore but we both like to cook and eat. 😊
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    garcia_bev wrote: »
    So should I detox while I change my eating habits or completely detox first

Just changing your diet often provides a huge detox in itself. So, perhaps, just ride that for a few months and see what changes emerge. The body will automatically detox itself, especially when you cut out junky foods, such as sugar or processed foods, or foods with additives and chemicals. So, depending on what kind of diet you have right now, cutting out junk might be all the detox you need for awhile.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Detox, I am on heavy dose of Antibiotics (today is day 2 and I have 3 more) due to a cellulitis and earlier this year, I had an ear infection and I had to take a different kind of antibiotics for 5 days.
    So that being said, I need to detox after I am done.

The meds makes me feel icky, nauseous and just not good in general.
    I know it messes up your gut bacteria so probiotics are recommended. What else can I do to detox? You guys seem to be knowledgeable. Thanks!