Moving on after a binging period

Options
MessyApron
MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
I’m probably not the only one who got a little out of control over Christmas, so it feels safe to talk about that here.

My husband declared early that he would be taking a “cheat week” Monday through Sunday, and I thought I could continue as I usually do... that was a bit naive of me. I didn’t have an adequate meal plan, so when there was suddenly a stuffed crust pizza sitting on the kitchen counter...staring at me....well, I ate it. And when the rest of the house started breaking pieces off the gingerbread house I started picking some gumdrops off the roof too. And of course, I *had* to taste check the flavor of all the Christmas cookies I was baking.

Now I had already given myself permission to indulge reasonably. The problem is that, in the moment, I chose not to journal my intake, so I don’t know how much I actually ate, and I’m unfortunately the type of person who gets carried away with the junk food when I’m not journaling.

I’m feeling good this morning though; I got up, had my normal, filling, high protein breakfast, and I’m getting ready to go do my strength training. I know that I can’t change my behavior from the last few days, but I can learn from it, and make a more doable plan for myself the next time.

One foot in front of the other, right?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    Seems like you have made a pretty good job of moving on from it. All we can do, is strive to do things a little better the next time.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to not indulge. Kudos to you for moving on!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good job acknowledging where you need improvement in your future. At least you are able to see what needs tuning and you don’t beat yourself about it. Accept and move forward 👍 great plan