Monthly post January 2020

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
Happy New Year! Just getting this started. Will be back later to post.

Replies

• KateNkognito
    Options
    It is a bright sunny day and I am getting things done and fasting.
    Shout out to all the lurkers! Come out of the shadows for the new year!
    I am off to fold laundry. I swear, that is all I ever do and it is only MY laundry. :/
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Hi gang!

Happy New Year!

Last night was fun. Stayed Keto Friendly and drank some vodka and club soda. Small headache this AM, otherwise all good here.

Back to work tomorrow sigh... Speak to you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hello 2020!!! You look fabulous!!

I’m recovering from the move of the decade...literally! The sky grew black and with record rainfall we successfully moved the daughter in her new teeny tiny apartment!! Up and down 3 flights of stairs repeatedly while carrying “stuff” was a real workout!! but I think I felt better than the daughter!! With age comes wisdom and I paced myself... think turtle ;) I was home by 8:30pm had a wee glass of wine and asleep by 10:30! Woke to fireworks but out like a log while most people were celebrating!!! I did get a chance to fast and my calories were low, so with all that exercise I felt pretty good.

Hoping things settle down this week, I have chores if my own I want to accomplish. Then feel good about 5:2ing!! And guess what... the husband may get on board!!!!! Woohoo!!
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just getting back into 5:2 again. 1st fast day today. Will let you know later how I get on. 🤞😁
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Looks like the new year is off to a great start! I didn't make the whole day fasting, but I am ok with that. Will maybe give it a shot again tomorrow or Saturday.

@Meghan509 Have a nice day at work. I hope it isn't too crazy.

@mamainthekitchen You win the New Year award! Moving and fasting is impressive. :) I really wish my husband would get on board, too.

@debbie389 Welcome back! I hope all goes well for you today!

It is cloudy and cool, a sleepy day. I am thinking a nice walk with the dog and then a nap with the cat sound like the things to do. I also need to finish a sewing project and do a little cleaning. Talk to you all later!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon Fasting Friends!

Crazy busy first day back at work, but it is to be expected. So just a short post from me. Quickly saying hello and hope all is well. Been sticking to my Keto WOE and feeling good.

Off to finish up a few things here and then LUNCH!

See you all soon. Welcome @debbie389!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hey @debbie389 Glad to see you back! ...hope the New Year treats you right. I'll be back at it with everyone soon...my wife says we can't do anything yet with all the stuff leftover in the fridge. Thank you! ...may I please have another slice of cream cheese king cake? Starting the year off in similar fashion...using my wife as my excuse...one of the great things about doing this as a couple o:) it's all her fault!

@Meghan509 always a rock...while feeling good ;)

@KateNkognito Those 1st fasts back always get me too...still have the extra room in my stomach after stretching it through the holidays B) note to self...don't do that next year (i.e. "be like Meghan")

@mamainthekitchen (side note: did you know there is a "mamaintherock" on mfp? ...in the rock...I don't get it B) ) Congrats on the move. If you can do that, fasting is no-thing. Glad the husband is looking to join you. It does make things easier.

Just a wee glass... >:)
    eawx8l1dhcrd.gif

Good luck everyone on your first fasts of 2020 (the year of hindsight)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy Friday! Woo hoo! I like these two day work weeks! :smiley:

Not a whole heck of a lot happening here. Just doing my Keto thing and it is going well. Did not weigh in today, since I weighed in on Tuesday, 12/31. Will weigh in next on Friday, January 10 my usual weigh in day.

@orlcam LOL on the wine! I hear you about re-starting. Been there! Maybe when all the food is out of the house and consumed? I do hate to waste food!

Hope everybody else is doing well. Enjoy the weekend. I'll pop in an out. See you soon!
  • debbie389
    Options
    Hi all, Fast day went really well, even had a trip to the gym. Easy going, just taking it 1 day at a time. Planned for the week and done the food shop, although the house is full of chocolate. Will have to take it to work, or better still to the local care home. Hope you all have an amazing weekend.

@orlcam thanks for the welcome back, it’s about time I pulled my finger out and got back on the wagon. 😜
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, today is weigh in day. I have officially gained back everything I had lost from the beginning of August to the weekend before Thanksgiving. :( SO, I am going to do alternate day fasting all this week to give myself a jumpstart. Also going to dust off my walking music and get my hide moving again.
    @debbie389 Glad your fast went well! Keep going, you got this!
    @orlcam I cleaned out the fridge yesterday. I decided I would rather the food go to waste rather than to my waist. ;)
    @mamainthekitchen Did you recover from moving day?
    @Meghan509 I hope you are having a nice weekend after your long workweek. :smile:
    Ok. Off to do the things and not eat the foods. Have a GREAT week, people! Happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Hope you had a great weekend! Mine flew by but was productive!

Busy day happening here at the office. Big deadline. But, the good news is the day is flying!

Sipping some herbal tea and drinking some water.

Will keep this short for now. See you guys soon! Have a great day today - especially if you are fasting!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Made it through the fast yesterday. Normal eating today. Tomorrow is the first day back to school, so I will be so tired and busy, I won't be able to/want to eat. I went to the store today and got a bagged salad and some ingredients so I can make a couple of slow cooker meals this week. I am determined to start cooking at home more now that I have time. I hope you all have a great week! Happy Fasting to the Monday fasters!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hello Monday!! Wow... lots of posts!! Awesome to see!

Orlcam!!! Bahaha how did you know I pour my wine like Elaine!! Haha that’s soooo funny!

Kate I am recovering but I also refinished a small table over the holidays too, stripped, sanded then painted! Pretty beat up table I’ve been meaning to bring back to life for years but I offered it to the daughter so I HAD to do it now!

My house is almost cleaned up from the holidays and today we’re delivering a new tv to her!! So another busy day!

Luckily I’ve been so busy most days I’ve not eaten until later giving me a longer fasting period, but I’ve still been snacking at night.... arg! Eggs & avocado for lunch most days that sure fills me up!!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday!!

Sounds like everybody is doing well and rockin' and rollin' in 2020! Same thing happening here.

Keto WOE is going well. Having some salmon for dinner, which I am excited about. Do you guys ever shop at Aldi? We have one a little up the line from us. Approximately 30 minute drive, give or take. They have a lot of good deals. Sort of like a Trader Joe's but a German company. Good stuff.

That's all for now. Speak to you guys soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Second fast day is in the books. I saved a tangerine for later this evening. First day back at school and I am TIRED. BUT, I got a call about a job interview today! Super excited!

@mamainthekitchen I *love* restoring furniture. It is so satisfying. Great job with the fasting. You don't have to be perfect. :)

@Meghan509 I drive by the Aldi's store, but I haven't shopped there since I was in high school (aka, a long time ago). I hear good things about their prices.

Have a great rest of the week! I am going to go to bed early.
  • debbie389
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Another fast day done yesterday and it’s going well. Work is busy, and I’m back at the gym, although it’s hard going getting back into it.

@meghan509 i do my weekly shop in Aldi, love the quality of the food. And the salmon with chilli and ginger is to die for.....

@KateNkognito good news about the interview, is it a closer school or are you just looking for a change?

Have a fab day everyone

:smiley:
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!

Yes, Aldi is our new(er) discovery! Went there a year or so back and was like - meh. Went back a few months ago after we had started keto. We were popping in to kill time before meeting up with friends. And we fell in love! There are so many great and inexpensive things in there for us keto peeps.

We are hoping they open a store closer to us, then we would totally be weekly shoppers! For now it is the super market and Trader Joe's each week. :)

@KateNkognito good luck with your interview! Hope it went fab!

@debbie389 the salmon that we had last night we bought at Aldi! Comes in a package with some frozen pieces. Heat it up in the oven and put some pesto sauce on it. That chili and ginger sounds fab! Will look for that next time! Thanks!! Glad you are doing well with your fasts and gym visits! WTG!

Not much else going on here. Busy time period at work, but that's okay. Same thing every year! Towards the end of the month I'll be traveling down to Atlanta, GA for a big company meeting. Should be good. Looking forward to it.

Keto and IF is going well. Skipping breakfast and starting with lunch is like second nature. Sure on the weekends I might mix it up and eat before noon or 1:00pm, but all good. Weigh in day on Friday for me!

Have a great day and I will chat with you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all! It’s Wednesday already??!!!

@debbie389 way to go ! Great start back in the new year!! You’re inspiring me!! And I’m grateful for that!

Kate! Great news on the interview!! Hope it’s a good fit for you!!!!

I don’t have that store in my neck of the woods but it sounds awesome!!!

Good job meg! How’s the arthritis been lately.... Just wondering since you haven’t mentioned it lately you must be feeling good!!! Crossed fingers! I’m sure keto is the reason!!

Hopefully Orlcam hasn’t drowned in all the Mac & cheese he was making!!

Today I’ve logged my lunch! Woohoo! Enjoyed some ham chunks, cold, with Dijon to dip! Weird for lunch but I was lazy and it had the spicy warmth I wanted! Hopefully I’ll be kick starting some good habits now......

A fun day people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@mamainthekitchen funny you should mention arthritis! I was just thinking about how much better I feel since starting Keto.
    YES, I can say I have been mostly pain free since August when I got started! I started in early August on Keto. Told my Physical Therapist at the time what I was doing, and she was happy about it. Slowly started feeling better and better and by September time frame if I recall, I was able to stop doing PT! Yes it did also coincide with my lovely health insurance not wanting to cover any more visits, but I also felt better! Now and then I'll get a twinge in my hip / butt area if I stand in place for too long. Or my low back will act up now and then but it feels like the bulging disk and not the inflammation and arthritis issues I was dealing with.

Things are busy but good here! Slammed with meeting prep. Will be back tomorrow. Have a great day, especially you fasters!