Living The Lifestyle - 1/2/2020

Al_Howard
Al_Howard Posts: 8,598 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for December are below:

Monday-
Tuesday-
Wednesday-

Thursday-
Friday-misterhub (Greg)

Topic of the Day: Goals for 2020

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,598 Member
    I don't often set weight loss goals, but, this year I'm aiming to be 10 pounds (or more) less on 1/1/2021 than my last official WI in 2019 (12/27/2019).
    Anyone else setting goals, weight loss, or otherwise?
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,088 Member
    I'd like to get down to my personal target of 130 pounds. I'd be happy if I could just stick to my personal plan more often than not!
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,158 Member
    I am saying things to myself like "I really need to take in more fluids". It is a goal in the back of my mind that I need to bring forward. I would of course like to be about 9 LB lighter too to get closer to the upper middle of my weight range. At least I am still within my weight range but only by a pinch or two.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,699 Member
    I got distracted yesterday when recording my goals but here is the rough draft of my Health goals.
    • Daily Tracking with the aim of losing weight
    • Focus more on Anti Imflammatory Diet components
    • Explore nutritional approaches
    • Slowly rebuild daily activity breadth and level
    • Focus on being a healthy person not an impaired one

I don't have a weight goal but it would have to be at least 30lbs, preferably 50lbs
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    I haven’t sat down and decided what goals I’m setting for myself yet. I want to focus on process goals, rather than results goals.
  • hubbardrandy
    hubbardrandy Posts: 14 Member
    In the next 14 days I want to be down to 180#s. That’s down 10 pounds from today.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 6,338 Member
    As of this morning, I am 3.5 lbs from goal. This is the year I finally believe I will get there
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,203 Member
    My goals 2020

1.5 lbs a week which is very aggressive but I know I can do it.
    Get moving more by walking at least 3 day a week water aerobics 2 days a week
    Use www.myplate.gov more often for portion and nutritional control and working with my nutritionist every month.

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    I need to get back below my WW goal. The holidays kicked me up and over that number. I need to do this before my January LT WI. I've never weighed in above goal (within +2) and don't intend to start now.

To accomplish this, I'm being sure to track as I go at work even though I'm insanely busy as I've taken on a retired colleague's job duties which come with a steep learning curve.