• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Food - logged & on track
    Water 2 l
    Exercise - Walking, 12865 steps

@brown6267 - Fantastic steps!

@amsandos- Fantastic loss! Re the air fryer, I have made various vegetables, potatoes, meatballs and sausages. I don’t use it everyday because you still have to apply enough oil to whatever you are making in order for the food to crisp. All of it has been successful, but I think that the meatballs are the most fun to do. I have a chicken recipe that I would like to try, but it involves time as you have to brine the chicken for several hours. The instant pot is quite the amazing device too as it does several things (saute, pressure cook, slow cook etc). I make almost all soups and stews in it, and it takes a fraction of the time.

@hope002 - Oh, that is so cold! Do you have to go outdoors today?

@tryagain5 - You are doing so great with your training! That salad sounds delicious!

@Cassiegetsfit2013 - Re your BP, I am not a doctor or nurse, but given those readings, you may want to go to a walk in clinic or even an emergency room. It is best not to take chances when it comes to BP. Glad that things are going so well with your new Counselor!

@lennoncpa - Tax season! Every accountant that I know is already busy. Remember to keep focus on your nutrition and exercise through the madness!

@JillyBT - That looks like a sensible plan for a sleep routine. You are right that calming your mind and letting go is very important as well. Let us know how it goes and and wishing you a great nights sleep tonight!

@nstephenson01 - You are right that so much of this journey is mental. Many of us had a slow start to this year, and that’s ok. Just stick with it and don’t give up! Maybe introduce a small change to your routine. Btw, almost everyone in my neighbourhood keeps their Christmas lights on for most of the winter! The days are so short, so it is nice to have the lights on when it gets dark.

@phoebe112476 - Another great loss! You are getting closer and closer to goal!

@Mrsbell8well - It has been so interesting to read about your cleanse journey. And that is the first time I have heard of a breakfast salad (not just a brunch side)!

@sleepymom5 - I think you are starting to hit your stride too, especially with the exercise! I have been trying to eat more and more on the hunger scale. What is makes me realize is that it is just as easy to overeat healthy food, as it is to eat unhealthy food!

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Sounds like you found the perfect counselor, hope you can talk with her as much as you need to. Sorry you have been going through so much turmoil.
    @Freeglerock Sorry to hear about your brother. I second what @Cafelelia said - take care of yourself.
    Hugs to both of you
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Daily Check In: Tuesday
    Food: pre-logged, ate as planned
    Water: Great
    Exercise & steps: JessicaSmithTV 30 minute strength training, 40 minute dog walk; 12,485 steps

Good day yesterday making my 24 hour plan and following it. Now to do it again today. One day at a time.

@freeglerock very sorry to hear about your brother.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Tuesday
    Food: Good until dinner...
    Water: Over 64 oz
    Exercise Stationary bike 10 min, walking 35 minutes, PT, strength and Stretching

I just was in a bad mood last night. I was tired, MK got in trouble again Monday night so we got woken up at 2am and didn't get back to sleep until after 5. She got another underage drinking and then started to walk home so got picked up by the police and also got a public intoxication. We thought she was watching a movie with friends. We are concerned about her with all of her anxiety issues and medications she is on. She does see her psychologist today and also her counselor so that is good. She also lost her brand new Iphone11. Shannon and Jim were out looking for it that night since we have her location on our phones but they had no luck. We were lucky because someone honest found it and called us. MK also has her id, bankcard and everything in with it. That could have been a nightmare too...Ugh. . I personally don't think she should go back to college but my husband doesn't agree. I think she is pretty immature and maybe she should just stay here and get a job. Just a lot of things in the air with her. HOWEVER-no reason for me just to over eat, sit on the couch and do nothing all night. Me eating and sulking doesn't help Mary Kate or me. Oh well...new day...I
    already prelogged my food. I have been logging 1/2 way. I haven't completed my food diary in a while. Yesterday I didn't even log my exercise. Today I will just focus on doing my steps, water, exercise and logging. We are celebrating Danny's BD today and are having Pizza and salad. I already logged that. Funny, when I make exceptions I have been feeling good about it. Today I don't because I haven't been good lately. I guess I have to start where I am at. One day at a time. Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!

@phoebe112476 Nice loss!!
    @nstephenson01 I am in the same mindset. Idk what is taking me so long to get back at this. I am doing everything 1/2 speed. It is so much of a mental thing. I am thinking I had getting through the holidays with a loss as my goal. Which I did. Then I seemed to have stopped. We have done this before and will do it again. You have been good with exercise and it sounds like you have your meals planned out. You are setting yourself up for success. You got this!
    @amsandos Nice loss!! And another good day! Once you started feeling better you have been kicking butt!
    @Freeglerock I am so sorry to hear about your brother! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure you feel like eating to deal with the grief but that isn't going to change anything. Why don't you honor your brother by sticking with your healthy eating? When my father died, I was doing great losing and I was at the lowest I was in a long time. I ended up regaining 30lbs. I didn't care at the time, I did care later of course. Eating really didn't make things better. It just was a temporary "fix" in the moment. It is easier said than done as most of us have dealt with feelings by eating. You are going to have good and bad days. Be kind to yourself and just try to get back on track if you get off. Hugs my friend.
    @JillyBT Thank you! I took a screen shot of your post. I am going to try to do the same. I can improve on almost all of these goals.
    @lennoncpa I know how busy you are in tax season! My son just started a new job that he will be effected by this. He had worked for an insurance company before so he didn't have a tax season really. He has passed 2 of the 4 CPA exams so it was time for him to start his hours working under a CPA. It was a good move but a very different job. Good luck. I am glad you still take care of yourself and stay consistent with your exercise during this busy time. I think we have been through 2 tax seasons together with you...
    @Cassiegetsfit2013 I am so glad that you like your counselor. It is hard to find one that you click with. My youngest goes to a counselor and it took years before we found one she loved. Good idea to try to get on the cancellation list for your doctor. Can you tell them that your blood pressure is very high and you are having all those symptoms? I know my doctor has emergency visits aside for people who are sick. I agree with you, your vision issues could be related to the BP. Good luck with the doctors. Hope you can get in soon.
    @tryingagain5 I think you have a great trainer. I love how you make sure you get your exercise in and eat healthy even though you have such a tough schedule. That is why you are doing so well. You work at it and are consistent. Everyone slips up and aren't perfect at times but you get right back into your routine when that happens. You should be proud of how far you have come and of your progress!
    @hope002 OMG! That is cold!! It never gets that cold here. I can't believe I even complain when it is cold here when it is that cold by you! Stay warm!!
    @brown6267 Amazing steps!
    @Cafelelia Great day yesterday! I agree! That is why I am trying to work on overeating in general. I was thinking yesterday and this am that I think I do have the concept down now. My problem is now mostly when I have "f-it" moments which seem to be happening more. I need to get to work on all of that...
  • nstephenson01
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Oh Pam... so sorry MK got in trouble again. Being a parent is such a difficult job. Its also hard to focus on us during times of turmoil. You did great losing weight over the holidays. We just need to get our head back in the game. Baby steps... we can do this. BTW... hubby just got the call to go back to work... in Pennsylvania once again. At least they gave him some notice this time and he doesn't leave until mid-February. Back to my cross country travels... I'm beginning to feel like Pennsylvania is my second home.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 oh goodness. I am so sorry to hear about your struggles with MK. Our heart breaks for our children and at the same time we get so fed up not knowing what more to do. Hang in there and keep breathing. One day at a time.
    Day 3 on my Dr. G journey. Thanks @Cafelelia and @nstephenson01 for the support. I think sometimes we want to caution people and tell them they are crazy for doing some of these eating plans. But we are all different and on our own journeys. I like to think of myself as a guinea pig adventurer. I am willing to try just about anything to see how it affects my health and my body. It's day 3 and I have lost 2.6 pounds. And I have been eating lots of high fat foods. I suppose this could be close to Keto? Which I thought I would never do. He calls it a lectin free diet plan and does have a keto version that I am NOT doing. So it is not exactly keto. I tried Paleo once for 2 weeks and hated it. I have always enjoyed clean eating and having my fruits is a must. So this is completely different from my norm. What attracted me are the claims of remarkable gut healing. So I am giving it a go. I am still adjusting to the high fat. Still a bit queasy type feeling but a whole lot better than day 1. And this plan is generous with the sodium. I have had to cut back on the amount he calls for in recipes. I find myself drinking a lot more water than I ever have. The meals are actually tasty. And I am feeling a difference in my gut. Maybe it's lack of gluten and sugar? I don't know but if the first 2-3 weeks go well I will probably continue to do the full 30 days with one small break for the February 1st kids dinner. I slept really well and noticed my skin feels softer this morning. I have been complaining about very dry skin this winter which is unusual for me. But all that oil and fats seem to be having an interesting affect on my skin. I did find a support group on Facebook that has been very helpful.
    One of my odd concerns is losing too much weight. I adore my new size 6-8 wardrobe and have no desire to wear smaller clothes. But I have to admit I am feeling skinny and I really like feeling skinny. I have naturally small bones so the lighter weight suits me well.
    I did a 5 minute walk warm up yesterday and a 10 minute run with a 5 minute cool down. That run was awful. I knew it would not be pretty but I really struggled. Just a few weeks ago I was able to run 5 miles. But that's ok I will get it back. I am sensitive to peculiar feelings in my heart when I run. I slow down when I feel it acting up. I was so happy that I had not had that sensation in quite a while but it was back full force. I have been cleared by cardiologists so I keep on running. I think my whole system is just needing a cleaning out. They say it gets a lot easier after the first week. But I seem to be adapting pretty well. I don't eat a lot of junk so it was not too difficult of a transition. And having my food so well prepped is just amazing. Everything on my menu plan today has already been prepped with just some short assembly steps.
    My goal weight is 142. I fluctuate between that and 146. I started the plan at 145.6. Today I was 143. I was pretty shocked. I got down to 139 on my last cleanse and loved being so dinky. So I still have room to lose a few more on this plan. I think 138 would be the lowest I would want to go with out worrying about my pants being too baggy on my non-existent butt.
    Yesterday water, food, exercise and sleep...all in order.
    Any one else doing Adrienes Home yoga? It is kicking my puny butt!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    steps

sun-9,712
    mon-8,710
    tues-15,874

@Freeglerock sorry for the loss of your brother.

@sleepymom5 sorry about your daughter. kids are tough. hopefully she will talk to her therapist. i am having problems with my youngest son, he suffers from depression, anxiety and ptsd. he has been a nightmare and refuses to go seek help, he just goes to get his meds checked. if he has 1 drink with his meds he gets angry and he doesn't realize he should not be drinking, he's not like his friends. my husband and i cannot agree on what to do with him. it has been very stressful lately, so i feel your pain. good luck to your daughter.

i am so tired today that i think i will have to take a rest day. after work i have an appointment then i plan on crashing on the couch. i was up all night arguing with my son and then when i finally fall asleep my granddaughter would wake up and i could hear her crying. i am like a walking zombie today. i was talking to my friend the other day and she started talking about throwing things out to the universe, i laughed and told her i just had this same conversation last week with someone i just met. she said if you write the things down it works better, so that is my plan, to make a list for the universe to help with my 2020. here's to hoping it works.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 1/15 check in
    Food: logged and under
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer, 30 minute walk with my walking group

I wasn't asked to work OT today so I got to bed on time. I was glad I didn't get asked since I didn't have to make the decision of saying yes or no.

The trainer worked me hard, as he always does. There weren't too many people at the walking group tonight but it was still nice.

I had the chickpea Mason jar salad tonight. I had to add some dressing since it seemed dry. I don't think I put enough in when I made it at the workshop. I'm not quite sure about the chickpeas but it also had a lot of veggies in it. It was really good. I have two more to try but I'm pretty sure I'll make these salads again.

I have about 45 minutes before I need to leave for work so I'm going to try and get some things done.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Wednesday
    Food: Logged and over
    Water: Over 64 oz
    Exercise:Walking 30 min, PT, strength and Stretching

Not too bad of a day. Followed my plan. Overate at dinner. Didn't realize until after. At least it wasn't intentional (I guess) .

@ljdanny Sounds like a rest day is well deserved. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight. You're right-kids are tough. Like your son, she also just wants to do what her friends are doing and doesn't realize that she is in a different situation and can't. It is too bad that they can't have your son see someone in addition to the med check. Mary Kate was told a few years ago that she had to see a counselor if she was on medicine. She was under 18 at the time but Idk if that would be the same if she was an adult then. I wish I knew the answer...
    @lennnoncpa What a freak accident! Thank goodness your son was there with her.
    @tryingagain5 Nice loss! Looks like a good day too-great workout, eating and sleep! Hope you have a good night.
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Daily Check in Wednesday 1/15
    Logged food and under calories
    Exercise: HIIT class at gym, brisk walk
    12,240 steps
    Stressful morning with my 19 arguing with me that it’s my fault the DMV line was so long. He only had all month to get his true iD license before his regular license expires in March. He leaves Saturday to go back to school across the country. Then my two parents with dementia each kept calling me to complain About the other. 54 years of marriage and they never did that. But then I went to the meditation studio for a sound healing bath. Amazing.. stress melted away! Highly recommend!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    PW 149.5
    CW 149.5

Ugh.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    wednesday checkin

another disappearing post

food on target
    water not sure need to get better at measuring
    exercise swimming

So tired today. I went swiming late and then got up early to run. I can't hold a thought in my head. It is my husband's birthday today. We are going to a restaurant tonight and then the cinema so another late night. I have a feeling I may fall asleep in the film.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    01/15 steps 16386
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Food - logged & on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 55 minute walk

What a weird day yesterday, with a few curve balls. But, I managed to stick to my plan for both food and exercise. I need to hone that skill more this year. Went to physio and described the flare up days that I have been experiencing. We agreed that is is MRI time. I did not do the gait analysis. She did do strength and flexibility tests and she worked on my right hip and leg with accupuncutre and stretches. Everything has improved so much, but that weird ankle pain comes up a few times a week. She gave me 3 exercises for that, and I will keep going to physio for maintenance while I wait for my MRI. MRIs have a longer wait time in Canada, but I may try to fast track it by paying to go to the US, which I have done once before. My mother lives in Canada but near the border, and she about 30 minutes from the US MRI clinic that I go to. So I can visit her on a Saturday and get the MRI done.

@brown6267 - Amazing step count!

@amsandos - Great workouts! Have fun at your husband’s birthday celebrations! I always sleep at the movies, like every time, day or night!

@gingerpwr - I know the feelingof a stall. Don’t worry about it, keep at it and at least it was not a gain!

@JillyBT - That was a stressful day that you had, but you did a great job recovering by going to the mediation studio! And you had a great day overall as well! This is exactly what we all have to do regardless of life’s challenges.

@sleepymom5 - I am really sorry about what happened with MK. It is an understatement, but being a parent is just so darn hard at times. You are still doing great and don’t give up! Big hug!

@tryingagain5 - Nice loss!
    You really are being so consistent with everything, congratulations! I am sure it was nice to have the sleep instead of OT!

@lennoncpa - That really was a freak accident and hope that your son’s girlfriend is doing ok under the circumstances. You son sounds like a great guy, and you should be proud about he he was able to deal with the situation!

@ljdanny - I am so sorry about what your son is going through and the impact on you. I really hope that you were able to get some rest as being exhausted doesn’t help. I love that idea of putting out your list to the universe! My husband is always tells me to let go a bit as I am a worrier. I am going to try it too!

@mrsbell8well - Really interesting description of your cleans process and the impact. Keep it coming!

@nstephenson01 - There you go, you had a great day! Keep it going!!
  • Cafelelia
    edited January 2020
    Options
    zw63s22qyyh9.jpeg

It is that time of year when the research shows that a lot of people already start letting go or giving up on their new year’s goals and resolutions. Let’s not be that statistic! Many of us are already facing some tough challenges in this new year. Let’s stay the course and not give up! On those days when you feel like giving up, just don’t! Do whatever you need to do to keep going, reset or start again. Just like Thomas Edison (that is his quote), we can always give it just one more try!
  • nstephenson01
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 3?
    PW: 168.8
    CW: 169.8

I’m actually thrilled with this weigh in as I was up to 171.6 on Monday. A couple of decent days made a difference and got me back in the 160’s.
This discussion has been closed.