WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Here are my steps since Thursday...
    1/16: 10,497
    1/17: 23,031 (I went on a city hike with new walking group, such fun!)
    1/18: 10,618
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    deniners2 wrote: »
    PW: 157.5
    CW: 156

Once again, 3 days at 157 then the drop this morning.

Go, team, go!

You are on such a great streak! 7 pounds down so far this month :smiley: Lead on, MacDeniners!
  • jugar
    Well, gang - we had a pretty sad week compared with the other teams, but we still were in the green as a whole anyhow. There have been times when that was not the case, so we'll put on the (smallest) tiara! We lost 13.7 pounds in week 2, and so far in January we collectively have lost 60.5 pounds. That's an average 9 year old girl. So we have gone back 9 years, right???? By the end of the month, we might have lost a mouthy teenager. Or an aging labrador retriever.

Our top 3 for the week were:
    @conleywoods
    @deniners2
    @ElleBellesTheoBear

And those random 5 facts are amazing! I love all the languages we speak, the dislikes, the accomplishments. What a blast. thanks! Keep them coming :smiley:
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    PW 227
    CW 226
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    I also had a glass of tequila punch that had tea, habaneros, pineapples and mint in it. How do you even? I didn't try.

@Terytha That sounds amazing! I know I would not have resisted either. 🍹 Cheers
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Hanging in just waiting for some tests.. in meantime I’m focusing on eating pretty well!

Have a nice day!

Have you see this one?

• micki48
    So, our weekly team results weren’t fabulous. Tiny 👸🏻 But we all know we had wins just the same.

Here is my challenge to us all, please write three things you will do differently this week to get us to all green. We won’t be perfect, but we can do better. Checking in here daily helps us all stay motivated too.

1. I will bring my daily calories down a bit. Some days I was closer to 2,000 than my goal.
    2. Watch my salt 🧂 intake.
    3. Get to the gym 3x. And home exercise the rest of the week.

I will do these things plus all the logging, water 💦 drinking, and steps I’ve been doing.
  • Andreabroadley
    jugar wrote: »
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day yesterday - a big long snowshoe up in the woods, buying a bathing suit (YIKES! but it was actually fun), my son came up for dinner - a lovely and quiet day. :smiley:

So now I'm about to do tallies. Happy Sunday, everyone!

Happy belated @jugar and many more!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    The temperature went up 20 degrees while I was in the gym.

So now here's a sixth random fact about me: I broke my left hip when I was 13 or 14, in a series of unfortunate events involving a horse. Now it hurts when the weather changes. Bet I'm the only person under the age of like 80 you've heard that from. =P
  • Andreabroadley
    Well I know I’m late to the 5 random facts but are a few

1) sixth child of eight
    2) might have been considered a witch in the sixteenth/seventeenth century, if you get my drift
    3) got my first gray hair at 17
    4) love blackballs, I’d eat them all day long if I could
    5) once made a one day business trip to Australia. I flew into Melbourne for an 11 am meeting and left late afternoon to come home. Talk about confusing.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps for 1/18 were 7789

I am taking today off from exercise.. so my steps won't be much today, I am really sore today, my back is killing me...

• micki48
    @conleywoods You self care day/night sounds wonderful. What lucky kids and lucky mom and dad. Enjoy yourself.

@AmyRobF, my niece, has no internet either. Maybe she has ideas too.

@Gidgitgoescrazy It is so valuable to listen to your body. You will do better in the long run.
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    So, our weekly team results weren’t fabulous. Tiny 👸🏻 But we all know we had wins just the same.

Here is my challenge to us all, please write three things you will do differently this week to get us to all green. We won’t be perfect, but we can do better. Checking in here daily helps us all stay motivated too.

Good idea. We all need to step up our game just a bit.
    I will do these 3 things this week:
    1. Cut up the hours of sitting or relative inactivity more - I get really intense exercise, but then spend an awful lot of time moving very little. Mornings are the worst, so this week I will make sure to have 30 minutes of exercise (probably Pilates) before 11:30 am.
    2. No flour products all week. None.
    3. Use the calendar for both planning AND execution. I often feel so good that I have planned that I don't actually follow through. Get those check marks!
    I will be away from home starting Wednesday, so it will also be really important not to go over on calories, and not to use exercise calories too much!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 768 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    The temperature went up 20 degrees while I was in the gym.

So now here's a sixth random fact about me: I broke my left hip when I was 13 or 14, in a series of unfortunate events involving a horse. Now it hurts when the weather changes. Bet I'm the only person under the age of like 80 you've heard that from. =P

I fractured my pelvis training for a marathon about age 33 (12ish years ago). I now know what people mean about "the weather changing."
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Today’s steps: 3,680
    Lots of amazing music at church today which added to the sitting factor.
    I’m starting the new job tomorrow - at least the form intake part. My classes start this week,too, so it’s even more critical I get more exercise because my sitting/studying bouts will increase - as long as its not my butt increasing! LOL!
    Three things I’ll do this week...let’s see.
    1. add pre-Pilates & morning stretches so I can be ready for full Pilates in a week or two.
    2. Stock the fridge with more veggies and prep them for lunches (school & work )
    3. Use my wee blue plate for breakfast and lunch to be better aware of food quantity.

Time to sleep.
    More tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.