Antiopelle wrote: »
    Apart from the Monthly accountability thread, I would like to set in stone my goals for this year, and then check them off. Please, feel free to join.

My goals for this year are:

1. My highest weight for this year is what is was yesterday : 71.0
    2. Maintain around 69.xx
    3. Achieve the 100 pushup challenge from the toes (that's a biggie !)
    4. Get 400.000 steps; a daily 10.000 + some longer walks
    5. Ride 5.000 km (a good 3.100 miles) with my bike

First checkin for January:

1. first of all that was a typo, it should have said 72 :smiley: I've ended January below 71, so that's ok. Today is over but I assume that's just a fluke
    2. Not yet in the maintaining phase
    3. Yes, I've mastered week 2 - now starting week 3
    4. I'm on track - although there is a typo as well, as it should have been 4.000.000
    5. I've already done around 80km, which is more than planned for a winter month

February checkin:
    1. right on track, I'm 70.0 now
    2. Maintaining phase has started !
    3. Pfewww... it is difficult. I hope I've mastered week 2 now, starting week 3 tomorrow (again !)
    4. Right on track on this one.
    5. I should get started with riding to work this week, but the weather is still awfull, so I'll see.

All in all, pretty good progress :smiley:

April checkin (forgot March):

1. Ow boy, I've ducked this one by a feather: 71.9
    2. Maintaining phase has come and gone, I'm back to losing :-1:
    3. On hold for now, as I don't have the stamina to get to it
    4. I'm 72K steps behind due to the covid situation; I'm planning to get those next week when I will be on a staycation - time to spend on some stepping !
    5. No work to ride to just yet. As soon as my office opens up again, I'll ride that bike. I'm now at 105km

It's fair to say that Covid got to me in multiple ways: lower step count, no biking, no hiking and no diving. Summertime for me means having more room to drink a cocktail and eat a bit more as I'm also spending tons of calories on outdoor activities that aren't happening now. Although the sun is shining, I must get my eating habits into winter mode.

5 months have passed, here is where I stand with my goals:

1. 72.2 and it has been 72.9 - I blame Covid :wink: Luckily, I'm on the right track again.
    2. not there yet
    3. still on hold for now
    4. I'm 110.000 steps behind, which seems a lot, but I will participate in a fundraising walk end of July and that will swipe away that momentary loss
    5. Only 230km so far. Today is my first day bike2work ! Hope a lot more will follow :smile:

1. 73.5 - and what can I say. I'm not doing well weightwise and I need to figure out how to get rid of the funk I'm in.
    2. well, obviously not there
    3. not on hold anymore, just straight out the window. Since a month or so, I've been developing a frozen shoulder. I had one ten years ago and now it's back on the other side. If it develops at the same rate, I'm in for a 2 year ride :tired_face:
    4. I'm now 140.000 steps behind, but next week I'm starting a challenge with some familiy member to support a good cause, so I will amp up the stepping (and looking forward to it).
    5. 506 km. First there was bad weather, then there was Covid and now we had a week of heatwave followed by a week of stormy weather. So there is not much biking going on.

All in all, I'm still 3kg lighter than the same time last year and I need to get a grip. The 5.000km biking is not realistic anymore, nor is the pushup challenge. But I have no excuse for the stepping and the weight, so they will be my main goals for the coming months.

Well, antoher month has passed, and we are back in lockdown. This time it is called a "soft lockdown" as it doesn't apply to the whole country, only to the danger zone. Guess where I am living?

This means I'm working at home full time again, so no biking - which was already compromised by my frozen shoulder. Also no pushups because of that frigging shoulder. The therapy I got (cortisone injections) don't help as I expected and not only my range of motion is getting worse, also the pain is intensifying. I need to sweat it out.

But the worst part of the new lockdown: I'm also not allowed to go diving again as I have to cross a border I'm not allowed to. :tired_face::disappointed: This is the only activity I can still do without impacting my shoulder, but the law has decided otherwise. Now, I get it, it is for the greater good, but boy I'm *kitten*.

I amped up my stepping during the last week, but I got miserable low steps in the weeks before, ending at 190K short. I'm still convinced that I will meet this goal by the end of the year though.

In short:

1. 73.0, which is slightly better than last month
    2. I'm maintaining very well, only not at my goal weight :(
    3. Not a goal anymore
    4. Getting behind, but determined to get it back
    5. Not a goal anymore

The combo frozen shoulder which is continuous pain, and lockdown (still wfh full time) has had me to reconsider my goals for the last and coming months.

1. 74.0 - I realize that I cannot depend on cal expenditure to have my usual extra snacks and dinners out, as I'm hardly moving. So the coming month, it is full focus on restoring eating habits.
    2. not applicable at this stage
    3. Hopefully I can start somewhere next year
    4. I'm now 350K behind and I don't think I will be able to amp up the stepping as this also hurts
    5. As with the pushups, hopefully better next year

1. 75.0 - now, luckily hubbie has decided to train for a marathon again and has to eat way more healthy foods than he did so far. He is pulling me out of the rut, and out of the couch to go walking :smiley:

As for all other goals, I'll let them go and will focus on healing instead - thanks to the words of a wise woman :wink:
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Here we are, next week is November. 2020 almost over!
    As my birthday month, I am going to pamper myself and enjoy the ride.
    But my goal is goal:

#1 Get STRONGER and Fitter (keep up with workouts)
    OTF, going 5, 6x a week. I don't feel right when I skip a class...

#2 RUN 500 miles/yr
    According to my Apple watch, I made almost perfect move this month. That’s because I been going OTF every morning. I will aim for that Perfect move in Novemeber.

#3 ENTER/Complete at least 4 races (with my son)
    I earned my Hell Week 2020 shirt this month. It's an OTF thing. You have to do 4 out of 12 Hell Class. I did 6 and have 2 or 3 to go.

#4 ACHIEVE and Maintain 19% Body Fat
    I want to get it back to 19.0%. Still working on it. It shot up to 21. So I'm going to focus on BF. It’s still the case.

#5 EAT and REST well
    The noom was waste of time. I only did the trial week thingy and didn't learn anything new.
    Meal prepping more often and def. sleeping more. Drinking less but eating more dessert....
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You rock @weatherking2019 !!! You are a great inspiration !
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Apart from the Monthly accountability thread, I would like to set in stone my goals for this year, and then check them off. Please, feel free to join.

2. Maintain around 69.xx

1. first of all that was a typo, it should have said 72 :smiley: I've ended January below 71, so that's ok. Today is over but I assume that's just a fluke
    4. I'm on track - although there is a typo as well, as it should have been 4.000.000

February checkin:
    3. Pfewww... it is difficult. I hope I've mastered week 2 now, starting week 3 tomorrow (again !)
    5. I should get started with riding to work this week, but the weather is still awfull, so I'll see.

4. I'm 72K steps behind due to the covid situation; I'm planning to get those next week when I will be on a staycation - time to spend on some stepping !
    5. No work to ride to just yet. As soon as my office opens up again, I'll ride that bike. I'm now at 105km

It's fair to say that Covid got to me in multiple ways: lower step count, no biking, no hiking and no diving. Summertime for me means having more room to drink a cocktail and eat a bit more as I'm also spending tons of calories on outdoor activities that aren't happening now. Although the sun is shining, I must get my eating habits into winter mode.

1. 72.2 and it has been 72.9 - I blame Covid :wink: Luckily, I'm on the right track again.
    2. not there yet
    3. still on hold for now
    4. I'm 110.000 steps behind, which seems a lot, but I will participate in a fundraising walk end of July and that will swipe away that momentary loss
    5. Only 230km so far. Today is my first day bike2work ! Hope a lot more will follow :smile:

1. 73.5 - and what can I say. I'm not doing well weightwise and I need to figure out how to get rid of the funk I'm in.
    3. not on hold anymore, just straight out the window. Since a month or so, I've been developing a frozen shoulder. I had one ten years ago and now it's back on the other side. If it develops at the same rate, I'm in for a 2 year ride :tired_face:
    4. I'm now 140.000 steps behind, but next week I'm starting a challenge with some familiy member to support a good cause, so I will amp up the stepping (and looking forward to it).
    5. 506 km. First there was bad weather, then there was Covid and now we had a week of heatwave followed by a week of stormy weather. So there is not much biking going on.

All in all, I'm still 3kg lighter than the same time last year and I need to get a grip. The 5.000km biking is not realistic anymore, nor is the pushup challenge. But I have no excuse for the stepping and the weight, so they will be my main goals for the coming months.

Well, antoher month has passed, and we are back in lockdown. This time it is called a "soft lockdown" as it doesn't apply to the whole country, only to the danger zone. Guess where I am living?

This means I'm working at home full time again, so no biking - which was already compromised by my frozen shoulder. Also no pushups because of that frigging shoulder. The therapy I got (cortisone injections) don't help as I expected and not only my range of motion is getting worse, also the pain is intensifying. I need to sweat it out.

But the worst part of the new lockdown: I'm also not allowed to go diving again as I have to cross a border I'm not allowed to. :tired_face::disappointed: This is the only activity I can still do without impacting my shoulder, but the law has decided otherwise. Now, I get it, it is for the greater good, but boy I'm *kitten*.

I amped up my stepping during the last week, but I got miserable low steps in the weeks before, ending at 190K short. I'm still convinced that I will meet this goal by the end of the year though.

In short:

3. Not a goal anymore
    5. Not a goal anymore

The combo frozen shoulder which is continuous pain, and lockdown (still wfh full time) has had me to reconsider my goals for the last and coming months.

1. 74.0 - I realize that I cannot depend on cal expenditure to have my usual extra snacks and dinners out, as I'm hardly moving. So the coming month, it is full focus on restoring eating habits.
    4. I'm now 350K behind and I don't think I will be able to amp up the stepping as this also hurts

1. 75.0 - now, luckily hubbie has decided to train for a marathon again and has to eat way more healthy foods than he did so far. He is pulling me out of the rut, and out of the couch to go walking :smiley:

As for all other goals, I'll let them go and will focus on healing instead - thanks to the words of a wise woman :wink:

1. 74.0, but the trend is downwards

I've been able to heal my shoulder a bit, which is my main achievement this month.
    Only two months left in this year, where did all that time go? :worried:
  • Antiopelle
    Options

2. Maintain around 69.xx

February checkin:

2. not there yet
    3. still on hold for now

In short:

3. Not a goal anymore
    5. Not a goal anymore

1. 74.0, but the trend is downwards

I've been able to heal my shoulder a bit, which is my main achievement this month.
    Only two months left in this year, where did all that time go? :worried:

1. 73.8

At least, I've mastered maintenance, only on the wrong number. :lol:
    My focus is still on healing and on getting through wintertime during Covid without too much hassle.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    Thanks @Antiopelle! I almost forgot to update the last one here!!

2020 goal: last ☝🏼

OTF, going 5, 6x a week. I miss the morning classes! I just took my 360th class over the course of year and a half!

#2 RUN 500 miles/yr
    I haven’t done the math but at OTF on treads, I’ve ran 318 miles. Probably more like 325 since my monitor died a few times during class.
    And I’ve ran outside which is not included in this so I’m close. I’ll see where I end up.

Well, COVID happened.

I want to get it back to 19.0%. Still working on it. It shot up to 21. Now lingering around 20%. Working on getting another percent down.

#5 EAT and REST well
    Meal prepping more often and def. sleeping more.
  • AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My dec 2020 goal is to lose 3lbs and another 2lbs in Jan. I’m a full time college student, full time single working mom of 2. I need to find time to work out. My diet is pretty decent because we’re poor so not a lot of unhealthy food choices at least.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @mandycat_florida Good for you!!! Yes, you can👍🏻
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    Since the year is about to wrap up, crossing a few things off the list as they have been accomplished, and adding a couple updates.

Work:
    1. Recover from the past year of gaslighting/bullying/etc I dealt with.
    * still in process, but now that the layoff is formal, it's starting to slowly happen *

2.Continue to seek and apply to permanent positions that will further my career goals.
    * more focused on the business since job applications have proven to be a rather massive waste of time. Due to unemployment requirements I will continue to apply, but my real energy will be going into the business so I can go full self employment instead of a "paycheck" *

3. Improve some of the processes while I'm in my temporary role over the summer/fall

4. Work the side hustle(s) so they could potentially fill a financial gap if needed this winter.
    * This is the primary effort focus on replacing my income *

Health:
    1. Increase activity as my mental recovery progresses.
    2. By 2021, be back to daily physical activity/workouts.
    3. Go out of 2020 at a lower weight than I came into it (despite the pandemic weight lol)
    * Not there yet, unrealistic to be lower at this point, but rapidly heading in the right direction again *
    4.. Continue to expand my cooking knowledge and abilities.

Life:
    1. Get my finances where I can get approved to purchase a home before my job changes and/or my lease is up. * close but not done yet *
    2. Get fully settled into GA (still haven't done some of the "moving" stuff due to covid complications)
    3. Get out and enjoy this area that I love so much - meet people - turn some of them into friends - build my circle again that I lost when I left CA back in early 2019 (there was a almost 1-year "stop" in TX before I bailed on that state and came here).

I like this list - rather than a resolution (which I have never been a fan of or found a successful strategy), I'm actually happy to see that there was a fair bit I could cross off, and everything was being worked on. Feels very satisfying to know I'm on track from what I was planning this summer.
  • SarahsHustle
    SarahsHustle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My health and fitness goals for this year are:

1. My highest weight for this year is what is was 179 but that was at the highest pregnancy weight from my last pregnancy and I had baby May 25th. It's now ending of December and I am 139. Pushing to lose the last 3 lbs by the start of the new year as a personal goal,...reaching my pre-baby weight from all three kids! SO Excited and SO proud. Ages 7 months, 2yr and 5 yr. My second pregnancy I gained 10 lbs more than that. It's been a long
    and challenging road but it's possible, ladies!! I'll be turning 40 years old in 2022 and I am working at looking my best during 2021.
    2. Lose and tone to 130lbs and drop my body fat to 16/17% over the 2021 year. Currently at 18.5, I think.
    3. Achieve being able to do an unassisted pull up (or several).
    4. Continue to work out 5/6 days a week.
    5. Run a 5K (never been much of a runner)
  • SarahsHustle
    Options
    AleLue_1 wrote: »
    My dec 2020 goal is to lose 3lbs and another 2lbs in Jan. I’m a full time college student, full time single working mom of 2. I need to find time to work out. My diet is pretty decent because we’re poor so not a lot of unhealthy food choices at least.

I hear ya! You sound committed, you got this!
  • SarahsHustle
    Options
    Here we are, next week is November. 2020 almost over!
    As my birthday month, I am going to pamper myself and enjoy the ride.
    But my goal is goal:

OTF, going 5, 6x a week. I don't feel right when I skip a class...

#2 RUN 500 miles/yr
    According to my Apple watch, I made almost perfect move this month. That’s because I been going OTF every morning. I will aim for that Perfect move in Novemeber.

I earned my Hell Week 2020 shirt this month. It's an OTF thing. You have to do 4 out of 12 Hell Class. I did 6 and have 2 or 3 to go.

I want to get it back to 19.0%. Still working on it. It shot up to 21. So I'm going to focus on BF. It’s still the case.

#5 EAT and REST well
    The noom was waste of time. I only did the trial week thingy and didn't learn anything new.
    Meal prepping more often and def. sleeping more. Drinking less but eating more dessert....

Great goals!! Sounds like 2021 will be a rewarding blast for ya. Happy Birthday :)
  • SarahsHustle
    Options

2. Maintain around 69.xx

Awesome goals. Thanks for the group! Let's get it
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    2021 goals:

OTF, Yoga and Hike

I want to get it back to 19.0%.

#5 EAT and REST well

I have a wedding in August. We’re building a new house. Planning to move there before the new school year.
    Lots going on. Gotta keep it simple👍🏻
  • SarahsHustle
    Options
    Hmmm, Why would anyone want to disagree with MY goals? That's odd...
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    Hmmm, Why would anyone want to disagree with MY goals? That's odd...
    Who cares! Let them be!
    So how are you planning to Lise body fat? Your goal is pretty low bf%, right?
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I wrote down my goals on a sticky note. Lol. qng1ctgozydg.jpeg
    dt9ti1y3msuf.jpeg