Started on Jan 1st!

Options
Aquarian
Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
Hi all!

I am new here and I have started C25k on Jan 1. I have done 2 days of week 1 so far and plan to do the 3rd day tomo.

Since I am recovering from my foot fracture I am taking it slow and this program seems a safe way to start running long distance.

Hi to all and hope to meet fellow runners!

Replies

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Aquarian wrote: »
    Hi all!

Since I am recovering from my foot fracture I am taking it slow and this program seems a safe way to start running long distance.

C25K is, indeed, a gentle introduction to running for many people. Concerning the foot fracture, have you gotten feedback from a medical professional on your new running program?

• Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    Hi all!

C25K is, indeed, a gentle introduction to running for many people. Concerning the foot fracture, have you gotten feedback from a medical professional on your new running program?

Hi,

Yes, I have discussed all my work outs including C25K with my doctor and got the green light to start from Jan 1. 👍

I have completed W1D3 today. I will get this done!
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It’s a great program! I’m currently on week 5. Run 3 scheduled for tonight after work. I’ve completed the program in the past. Then kinda took off a year. Didn’t run many races last year. So I decided to start again and work on speed. So far it’s going great. But tonight is the 20 minute run which has me a little nervous. You’ll love this program. Good luck to you!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    Hi all!

Hi,

Yes, I have discussed all my work outs including C25K with my doctor and got the green light to start from Jan 1. 👍

I have completed W1D3 today. I will get this done!

I got waylaid by a cold in December but now I'm working on Zen Labs 10K plan and I can't believe I can run for 40-45 minutes with no problem. In fact, I look forward to it. It's hard *not* to go out every day (still taking all the rest days.)

The hardest day I think I had was that very first day on C25K. My thighs were totally thrashed by running those first one-minute intervals.