Plans for 2020

Options
Happy New Year everyone! What are your goals and racing plans for the year. This will be the year I really learn how to swim. I joined a masters swim group in Oct (mostly triathletes), and plan to do a 5K OWS, The Ray Race, on Memorial Day weekend.

Replies

• docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would like to participate in an Olympic tri. Which means that one of my goals is to become a better swimmer and to become more comfortable in OWS. Unless I can find a pool oly. :) I have been doing 1-3 sprint tris the past few years and the swim has always intimidated me, but I know I can do it.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year. This is a "return to racing" year for me. I withdrew from all races in 2019, including IMMT, to focus on rehab of chronic achilles and low back issues. This year, I'm focused on dropping weight and rebuilding fitness for the South Beach, Miami Oly in April and the Patriot HIM in June. There's an outside chance I"ll be talked into IMLou by my friends, but more likely my next IM will be Couer D'Alene in 2021.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my 2019. I’ve been doing rehab since June. Related back, hip and plantar fasciatis issues are all light years better. Have you read Stuart McGill’s “The Back Mechanic”? He’s done a couple of podcasts I can share too.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    I haven't read the book, but I'll check it out.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    Options
  • snwjunke
    snwjunke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined group. Like to check in with people training for IM or Ultras. 1st 70.3 completed in Sept.’19 with 2nd go at another 70.3 in Dec’19 (had flu and almost got DQ in swim, still finished the race).

2020 plan to enter/finish 7 IM / Ultra races. Blended approach!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    snwjunke wrote: »
    Hi, just joined group. Like to check in with people training for IM or Ultras. 1st 70.3 completed in Sept.’19 with 2nd go at another 70.3 in Dec’19 (had flu and almost got DQ in swim, still finished the race).

2020 plan to enter/finish 7 IM / Ultra races. Blended approach!

Happy New Year. That's a busy schedule. Which Ironman races are you registered for? 70.3 or 140.6?
  • EnduranceGirl2
    Options
    Sounds like fun and busy. I’m signed up for IM Chattanooga and a couple of 5K OWS. These are my first swim-only races. At least there’s no biking or running afterwards👍