Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
2019 recap
1. lost one lb
2. injuried knee cap from trail run fall but recovered
3. injuried shoulder at work and still recovering
4. dad had stroke but steady and stable
5. regained some of confidence on mountain bike ( race is this weekend)
6. learned about cognitive behavior training and mindful eating.
7. enjoyed running 3 races with daughter.
8. enjoyed all races.
9. maintained stable A1C
10. enjoyed triathalon community and fellowship

Goal 2020: Be as Healthy as i Can

Replies

• barbhat13
    Options
    Jan goals
    1. safe mountain bike race. (hit a tree last year and had concussion!)
    2. weight loss: 2 lbs per month
    3. drink more water on work days
    4. enroll in wellness program at work
    5. add weights and yoga...at least explore options!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    4lre6kcu5zyu.jpg
    86buxh3ixhfb.jpg
    kwkjzaephnuw.jpg
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This morning I realized I've only been logging on my phone, but not checking the groups (on my computer.) While I was reading November, you created this 2020! thread!

2019? Didn't lose anything! Lost and gained the same pounds over and over.

My average step count is up to 7500/day now. It's been a work in progress! I've found I never get enough steps when visiting family, so I've been trying to get extra in the weeks before and after to balance it out! November was really tough because I had two weekends to make up for!

My college-age son regifted his Fitbit Alta to me for Christmas. I don't trust it for the actual "step" count, but like the reminders to walk every hour. I set my step goal higher on the Fitbit than I have it for my iPhone/MFP, so I'm usually well over the MFP goal!

I've not done anything to improve my eating yet. I've been trying to finish up the food that's in the cupboard and freezer so I can replace them with healthier choices. Note to self: Don't buy any Cheez-its!

My fitness goal this year is to lose 15-20# by Labor Day weekend! My Navy son is getting married that weekend, and I'd love to upstage his step mom in my MOTG dress!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    your Labor Day Goal sounds great. mine is 15lbs by then.

I am stuck in yo-yo land. up and down the same 2-3 lbs. my snacking habit is bad . eating out fast foods is better. BUT some good in Jan
    1. safe mountain bike race.
    2. shoulder better but still have to be careful with it but can swim 30 minutes without problem.
    3. applied to a work supported 12 week medical weight program with all sorts of labs and dietitian meetings but most importantly, weekly accountability. not going to eat weird or take drugs etc but maybe find some solutions to my bad habits.
    4. no yoga but doing some body weight exercises. hung a resistance rope from old monkey bar in side yard and use it after work.
    5. increasing outside cardio ( it is triathalon season)
  • barbhat13
    Options
    ix4gzq3p1ai7.jpg
    yes, I actually worked out in the gym one day this month!