motivate me to cook

Options
Quinnstinct
Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
I'm in a cooking rut and even though I follow quite a few paleo blogs I haven't seen any recipes that make me want to cook up a storm (which is more than necessary to stay on track). Share your favorite recipes and meal ideas and hopefully I'll get back in the kitchen!

I bought a rack of pork ribs yesterday to do something with . . .

Replies

• harpielady
    harpielady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    foodgawker.com

search "paleo pork ribs" and someone somewhere i bet has something to inspire.
    that site never lets me down. :drinker:
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you don't have it already, pick up a copy of Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan. It was a great inspiration to me and especially helpful with the tips for a weekly cook-up! I eat so much better when I have a lot of stuff pre-prepped and ready to go. Also Beyond Bacon really got me excited and I cooked for about a week straight, my freezer is so full from that book! Good luck!
  • Quinnstinct
    Options
    Thanks!

I'm also thinking of a paleo taco salad for later in the week, I'll have to find compliant seasoning.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I recommend the taco seasoning mix from mark's daily apple. It's my go-to taco seasoning for taco salads.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-tex-mex-tortillas-and-taco-seasoning/#axzz2cUx5nQ2x
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like to go to the Farmer's Market every Saturday and stock up on random, fresh veggies. The motivation to eat them before they go bad forces me to get creative when making meals. I always have a variety of meat on hand to work into whatever dish I dream up.

When I'm just plain out of ideas, I usually turn to pinterest. I have a collection of "want to try" recipes pinned to my own boards, but the massive variety of recipes searchable on others' boards is impressive at the least.

As far as a favorite recipe, I don't really have one... but I'll share what I made on a whim last night!
    • I had some chuck shoulder roast beef (about 16 oz), so I sliced thin steaks from that and browned them quickly in a large skillet (then removed 'em to let them rest).
    • I had some mushrooms from the farmer's market which I needed to use, so I sliced those up and tossed them in to sautee.
    • Then, I added some butter to make a sort of roux with about a tablespoon of coconut flour... who doesn't love gravy?
    • I thinned that out with a little bit of chicken stock while I decided between a white sauce and a cream sauce.
    • Since I had beef, I decided a kind of beef stroganoff sauce would be best, so I added an entire can of full fat coconut milk.
    • I brought that to a simmer, added the beef back to the pan, and let that hang out on the stove while I sauteed up some purple kale in olive oil (about 15-20 minutes to tenderize the beef, as shoulder roast can be a bit tough).

This made 4 hearty servings of beef steaks with a rich cream and mushroom gravy. Next time, I'll add some onions too!
  • Quinnstinct
    Options
    Wow, that sounds amazing kaelitr. I love gravy/sauce and need more recipes or ideas of how to make paleo ones.