Sola bread?

Options
Anyone tried Sola bread? Would it be something you could eat daily for lunch sandwiches?

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I haven’t tried, I did look into what it is though as I hadn’t heard of it before. It’s not technically keto since it’s made with grains but it is low carb so it seems like it could be helpful for some people following a low carb diet whom want to eat bread. Let us know if you give it a try 🙂
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My grocery store HyVee carries it but it flies off the shelves. I was able to nab the buns but I haven't decided what I want to make with it. I'm excited low carb products are expanding, it makes this WOE much easier!
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't buy the bread through Amazon. The reviews are terrible (go see for yourself). I've been making mug bread from coconut flour, egg and butter. Next I'm going to attempt to make an entire loaf of bread. Cooking from scratch tastes better and is certainly cheaper.
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I’ve tried any Keto breads but am curious. My fear is that it might cause me to crave breads which I did for awhile but eventually got past. That said would love to have more food choices. Interested to hear feedback.
  • RJC8082
    RJC8082 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rmac18 wrote: »
    I’ve tried any Keto breads but am curious. My fear is that it might cause me to crave breads which I did for awhile but eventually got past. That said would love to have more food choices. Interested to hear feedback.

I have switched to making Chaffles and use as bread, almost daily for different sandwiches. High Fat, Med Protein and very low carb (3 grams for basic recipe)
    My wife who does not do Keto likes them as well.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just started making Chaffles a week ago. I can see them in my future at least 2-3 times a week. I have been enjoying them with the basic recipe as a bread replacement as well.