Living the Lifestyle Monday 20 January 2020

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.nn

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!nn

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-Jimb376mfp (Jim)
Tuesday- imastar2 (Derrick)
Wednesday- GavinFlynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday- Al_Howard (Al)
Friday-misterhub (Greg)

Topic of the Day: Name your Autobiography for LTL!

Ever GOAD has a life of living the Lifestyle. If you wrote your own book for LTL what would be the title for your book? Maybe add a line to get the readers to pick up your book.

Add why your title was chosen.

BONUS Off Topic:
SF 49ers
or
KC Chiefs

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    My book is titled
    Perseverance!
    “Seven years to get there but still going forward!”

My goal, when I lost 100 Lbs at age 67, was to NEVER gain it back like I did every time I quit WW. GoaD taught me to LTL, did not go on a temporary “Diet”, The best advice I accepted was NO FINISH LINE!
    Thus I keep going forward.

Weekly WW WI and workshops keep me aware that any changes to my LTL ( good or bad) affect the scale and my mindset.

I don’t think my book would be a best seller but It May help someone that has a lot of weight to lose.

BTW I kept going after my first three years losing -116. The next two years I lost 37 then 43 to get near enough to get GW 3/28/18 after five years. Now successfully doing Maintenance since May 2018.

BONUS OFF TOPIC
    Rooting for Coach Andy. Reid KC Chiefs.
    I am a Packer fan and he Andy coached some time ago on Green Bay. Good coach with a long resume.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    Title / "Never Give Up"
    Struggle with weight loss my whole life. 1st remembrance 7-12 years old. Lost 100 lb 5 times and like a bad cold it keeps coming back. Not to worry I will hit 185 again. Games not over but I am in the 4th quarter.

KC 3pts
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    My book title: It is never too late.

It took me until age 50 to finally get my head together about my relationship with food. I also needed to fully accept that while I'm an introvert that can play the extrovert in the work environment, doing so really drains me. I need a lot of "me time" to recharge. Many of my friends just don't get how I can hike and bike for hours on end all by myself. They are the type that won't do a ride or a hike unless they have someone to go with.

That said, I'm off to Kentucky this coming weekend as I'm very peopled out from work. I'm doing two jobs for the time being (one salary) and have put in a lot of hours both during the week and over the weekends trying to catch up.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,071 Member
    Options
    Title: Results Not Typical (RNT). I too do a lot of biking by myself. Persistent as I can be and always do activity. Need some stakes for the garden and bird netting so I figure out how to ride my bike there. I am mostly an introvert myself but can do well in public speaking environment or presenting a scientific paper. Not perfect never will be. I do have endurance and have ridden up to 160 miles by myself on a bike in one day but not anymore. Just a lot of short rides last year up to the 40-ish mile range at most. Might do "Worst Day of the Year Ride" with our WW meeting leader and her husband. I enjoy riding with a few others but alas most of my friends have joint problems right now.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Title: Who knew?

Who knew that I didn't have to settle for being a fat guy all my life? Who knew that a little focus and perseverance could help me to get to a normal weight? Who knew that lessons from weight-loss could be so readily applied to other aspects of my life? Who knew that there wouldn't be a finish line? :-)
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,875 Member
    Options
    Title: Still Losing, and Gaining
    The lifelong struggle to maintain weight, enjoy life, and stay sane.