Pop-up Daily Challenges- NEW CHALLENGE TODAY 2/5

katerskat
katerskat Posts: 165 Member
edited February 2020 in Social Groups
Watch this thread for daily Pop-up Challenges!

These Daily Challenges will be posted by no later than 9am on any day they are valid and must be completed by 3pm that same day in order to earn a ticket in the weekly drawing. These are not going to be consistently planned on any specific day, so you will want to check in on the group daily to see if there is a new daily challenge.

Replies

• katerskat
    Today is our first Pop-up Daily Challenge!
    We have started thinking about tracking our food intake, so let's think about things we can share with each other to help us make healthier choices! Share a healthy recipe on this thread that you have tried and love, or one that you are planning to try soon. Also, tell us how this recipe fits your healthy plan (whether it meets specific calorie intake, carb count, WW points or other methods of tracking goals).
    If your recipe is posted by 3pm, you will earn an extra ticket in the weekly drawing.
  • katerskat
    My favorite Low-cal and WW friendly recipe is Chicken Fajitas.

Slice boneless skinless Chicken breast into thin strips. Saute on medium-high heat until cooked through and slightly browned on outside. Add 1 packet of Fajita seasoning per pound of chicken - I like Lawrys - following directions on the packet to add appropriateamount of water to seasoning. Slice onion and red and green peppers. Saute over medium-high heat until tender. Add to pan with the chicken to mix into the seasoning. All the main ingredients are 0 WW points. I usually eat it without the tortilla which has the most points and calories. I have also eaten them rolled in a leaf of lettuce as an alternative option!
  • cschwab182
    cschwab182 Posts: 8 Member
    I love mixing sugar free pudding mix(chocolate) into plain nonfat Greek yogurt. I put about a 1/4 of the package into a small container. Gives me a chocolate fix AND a ton of protein! I also do the vanilla flavor, which gives me a hint of cheesecake flavor. And if you do WW, it’s 1 pt!!
  • Trishabean3
    Trishabean3 Posts: 30 Member
    I love recipes but have recently subscribed to Freshly so I'm not cooking as often. BUT, i love doing hard boiled eggs for morning snack and my latest afternoon snack has been turkey sticks with one thing of light string cheese. Turkey bites are 70 calories and the string cheese is 50 calories. I love it...gives me some extra calories at night for a mini magnum bar!
  • mjnoel2014
    mjnoel2014 Posts: 21 Member
    I have been loosely following WW trying to get back on plan. But one of my favorite easy dinners is califlower fried rice. I either add shrimp or chicken. I buy the bag of riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s. It’s what’s for dinner tonight!!
  • katerskat
    edited January 2020
    POP UP DAILY CHALLENGE 1/29

Today's challenge is to drink at least five 8 oz servings of water by 3pm. If you are a supervisor on second shift, your goal is 5 servings by 6pm. If you complete this challenge please post that you did it on this thread! Keep up the great work!
  • rachellsteen
    rachellsteen Posts: 8 Member
    Done with my five 8oz servings of water for today's challenge.
  • mjnoel2014
    Challenge complete!
  • kkoutny
    kkoutny Posts: 2 Member
    Challenge complete
  • ckimm10
    ckimm10 Posts: 13 Member
    40oz down by 1pm!
  • katerskat
    Done!
  • cschwab182
    cschwab182 Posts: 8 Member
    Completed!
  • karlakay32
    karlakay32 Posts: 24 Member
    Challenge complete
  • TerriG99
    TerriG99 Posts: 6 Member
    Done with the water challenge. I drank 3 8-oz servings by 8 am!
  • danabaranowski
    danabaranowski Posts: 5 Member
    Done with Water challenge!
  • KaliWegner
    KaliWegner Posts: 1 Member
    Done with the water challenge!
  • cheryl3573
    cheryl3573 Posts: 3 Member
    Done!
  • kendallhills3
    kendallhills3 Posts: 6 Member
    DONE!!
  • Katrinad5232
    Katrinad5232 Posts: 21 Member
    Callenge completed
  • joseedavis
    joseedavis Posts: 5 Member
    Done!! 😊
  • jenniferruffridge
    jenniferruffridge Posts: 16 Member
    Done and done :)
  • katerskat
    TODAY IS A POP-UP CHALLENGE DAY 2/5
    A healthy diet includes at least 5 - 7 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Here is an idea what 5 servings look like:

wk6mnci7980t.png

Today's mini challenge supports our weekly challenge for healthier eating.
    Have at least 2 servings of fruits and/or vegetables by 3pm and post here when you have completed the
    challenge!
    If you post by 3pm, you will earn an extra ticket in the weekly drawing.
  • mjnoel2014
    Done! Banana for breakfast and apple for morning snack!
  • karlakay32
    karlakay32 Posts: 24 Member
    Done. Thank you for the motivation. I changed my lunch and made it better to meet the challenge. Avocados for the win.
  • rachellsteen
    rachellsteen Posts: 8 Member
    Done, I actually had 2 servings of blackberries this morning for breakfast!
  • kkoutny
    kkoutny Posts: 2 Member
    Done. Banana, oranges, zucchini, tomatoes, red and orange peppers
  • Katrinad5232
    Katrinad5232 Posts: 21 Member
    Done, tomatos, acocado, and rasberry/lemon water(all day)
  • jenniferruffridge
    jenniferruffridge Posts: 16 Member
    Done and done.
  • TerriG99
    TerriG99 Posts: 6 Member
    Done! I always eat an apple mid-morning and today I had beef and barley soup for lunch, which contains a lot of vegetables.