Looking for Keto friends

Options
13»

Replies

• happytravellerx5
    Options
    Hey all, I’m 56 years old and on my 2nd day of keto (a real newbie). Would like to find others who are on keto to add as friends to share ideas, recipes and support each other. Feel free to add me.
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Keto here. Add me if you want another fellow keto’er on your feed
  • stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I need as many keto friends as I can get! New to Keto, haven’t fully jumped into it like I should! Any tips and friendly food ideas will be greatly appreciated!
  • snapshotstacy
    snapshotstacy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm happy to have any & all keto/low-carb friends. Toss me an invite.
    I've got an open diary - and sometimes I post pictures. :smiley:
  • stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well since Wednesday I’ve dropped 3.4#.🙂 very happy with this! Now just have to keep going & be a lot stricter on myself! Hope you all are well!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    53, on my 11th month of Keto. Feel free to add me
  • PudgyToPrincess
    PudgyToPrincess Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! I need some keto friends. I’ve been doing low carb (for the most part..) for the last 6 or so months. I’ve lost 60+ pounds so far with 60ish more to go! I figured now was a good time to get more friends since I’ve been pretty dedicated and show no signs of stopping anytime soon.
  • hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I too need friends for motivation and support.
    Let’s reach our goals 2021.
  • carolinedprice177
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 58 and have been on Keto since 12/28/20. I've lost 19 lbs and looking forward to the "downhill" ride ahead. MFP has been a lifesaver for tracking. I am all about clean Keto and tracking my macros. It can take some work to make things balance out, but I have LEARNED so much along the way. And I LOVE the foods I can eat. Admittedly, my biggest issue is a common one - kind of akward, but...well....the plumbing gets a little backed-up. There I said it. Ugh! Anyway, I eat 20-25 g fiber daily, frequently drink 1 TBS Konsyl fiber, and recently added back Miralax. OK - enough - just wondering who else may be "suffering" a bit? Otherwise, I'm ALWAYS happy to share meal ideas, tips and tricks and motivational moments. Glad to join this group and hope we all can share our experiences.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 58 and have been on Keto since 12/28/20. I've lost 19 lbs and looking forward to the "downhill" ride ahead. MFP has been a lifesaver for tracking. I am all about clean Keto and tracking my macros. It can take some work to make things balance out, but I have LEARNED so much along the way. And I LOVE the foods I can eat. Admittedly, my biggest issue is a common one - kind of akward, but...well....the plumbing gets a little backed-up. There I said it. Ugh! Anyway, I eat 20-25 g fiber daily, frequently drink 1 TBS Konsyl fiber, and recently added back Miralax. OK - enough - just wondering who else may be "suffering" a bit? Otherwise, I'm ALWAYS happy to share meal ideas, tips and tricks and motivational moments. Glad to join this group and hope we all can share our experiences.

Supplementing with magnesium a bit can also help with the plumbing problem. My son has severe IBS and his gastro has him take mag along with a couple other OTC items to keep him off prescription meds. It can take some tinkering to find the right dose that doesn't swing too far the other direction. Magnesium glycinate and citrate are ones we've used and are good for "the go."
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options

Hi, I too had this problem. Have you read about this? https://furthermore.equinox.com/articles/2020/02/high-fiber-keto
    Add lots of water daily to get things moving, and plus add salt and electrolytes as you will lose some as a result of more frequent urination.
    I noticed that higher intake of fat (coconut oil in coffee for me) helped a lot, but increase fat slowly to avoid the opposite problem of disasterpants. Good luck!
  • KetoRoseN
    KetoRoseN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had Hemp hearts as a substitute for oatmeal, was delicious and solved the plumbing problem.
  • PearBl0ss0ms
    PearBl0ss0ms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me. :)
  • PearBl0ss0ms
    PearBl0ss0ms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ooops this is from a deleted account. Don’t add me.
  • PearBlozzoms
    PearBlozzoms Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me :)