when you're in doubt.

Options
mercurysfire
mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
fear is the mind killer. if you feel self doubt creeping in or frustration about a stand still- sing this in your head and reach out to someone. this is why we're here- and we're in it together. :)

Don't you ever be sad,
Lean on me when times are bad.
When the day comes and you're down,
In a river of trouble and about to drown

Just hold on, I'm comin',
Hold on, I'm comin'.

I'm on my way,
If you get cold I'll be your cover.
Don't have to worry 'cause I'm here,
No need to suffer baby, I'm here.

Hold on, I'm comin'.
Hold on, I'm comin',
Hold on, I'm comin'.
(Lookie here)
Reach out to me for satisfaction,
(Lookie here. All you got to do)Call my name now for quick reaction.

Don't you ever be sad,
Lean on me when the times are bad.
When the day comes and you're down baby,
In a river of trouble and about to drown,

Hold on, I'm comin'
Just hold on,don't you worry, I'm comin',(here ya come)
Hold on, I'm comin'.

Just hold on,don't you worry I'm comin',
Hold on, I'm comin'.

Replies

• ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's great to have such sweet friends and great support. :smooched:
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    :happy:

:flowerforyou:
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That was timely. I had a very hard couple of days. I finally weighed in and it happened to be on a scale they use at a doctors office that usually tends to be higher. I weighed 193 pounds. meaning I gained three pounds since I have been here. I have been counting calories, swimming every day. Walking about 2 miles at least three times of week. I wanted to cry. My friend said that the humidity makes you heavier and then used the muscle is heavier. And I can definitely see that I have toned up a bit....I kayaked 5 miles in 2 hours today in Goliad and I know I will be sore. Which was I believe one of week two's goal. Tomorrow I am going to Austin and there is no telling what kind of exercise I will get myself into. My brother keeps me very busy there. Anyway thanks for the post.
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the scale so much right now. (Holy cow that was kayaking trip! Nice job!) stick a pin in it but just use it to see which way you are trending. Get yourself a measuring tape and try on some if your clothes- one that used to be snug but you could wear- and see how it fits. Take pics and store them. Seriously it does help. The docs scales always weigh heavier (much to my chagrin) and you're always fully clothed and like hell if I'm goin to fast for a 2 pm docs appt. :) all that stuff adds up. I don't know about humidity- I've never heard that one before. And if you are really working hard at muscle bulking, you will gain about 1/4 pound of muscle a month so I'm told. If you're eyeballing measurements on food stop it. Get a digital scale and weigh everything. Cups and tablespoons lie a lot.:huh: I didn't realize my 72 calorie apple was actually about 172. That's too much leeway. I didn't find out until I weighed it that I had been grossly underestimating.

But the important thing is Do you feel better? Do you look better? Are you seeing muscle definition where once there was none? You're doing the work, you will see the rewards if you stick to it!