Living the Lifestyle Monday 27 Jan

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member

We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.nn

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-Jimb376mfp (Jim)
Tuesday- imastar2 (Derrick)
Wednesday- GavinFlynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday- Al_Howard (Al)
Friday-misterhub (Greg)

Topic of the Day: Hospital Food

I’m my rehabilitation hospital I keep getting things offered I haven’t eaten in years... like pork chop!!!

I am eating what’s offered and watching portions controlled.

What experience you have had with hospital stays LTL and results.

Replies

• cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,826 Member
    Options
    Well my last hospital stay was for a heart attack 13 years ago, its what motivated me to start this journey, and a really do not remember the food! So i have nothing to add here.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,526 Member
    Options
    My last stay was a stent insertion. As soon as I could eat, pee and walk around the ICU they kicked me out. So I ate modestly and got some exercise so I guess it was a good LTL experience!
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    I just had a pacemaker put in last Wedneday the January 22nd. I was admitted due to total heart block at my 10:30 Cardiologist office. They admitted me but because I had eaten a piece of toast that morning I had to wait for surgery till the last one of the day. Got a Turkey sandwich. DW brought me some food from hospital cafeteria and it was delicious. Then I got grits egg toast and a banana for breakfast that really good.
    Then aI was released but just before they released me the brought me lunch. Baked boneles chicken breast carrots peaches and new potatoes.

So all in all my experience with the food was much better than I had expected.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,071 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    My last stay in the hospital trauma unit and trauma floor had very good food as I recall. I had nice scrambled eggs for breakfast and my wife brought some hot sauce from home which they said was ok. Turns out I could have gotten some from the hospital too.Lots of healthy choices are available too. I usually lose weight in the hospital and don't really overeat but the food is way better than in the past.