Jan 27- Naughty Leprechaun’s unite!

Options
FallToRise
FallToRise Posts: 110 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
What? You mean liquid calories count?!

Hope my teammates are doing better then I am. I need to boycott beer the rest of the week... probably longer.

I went to TaeKwonDo Monday night... still sore. It’d been too week because my attendance is terrible. I pay for twice a week.

And the last two nights I’ve had a couple beers. Work is stressful and I let it get to me.

I hope you all are doing better then I am!

Replies

• chunkysloth
    chunkysloth Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast... so that's going to rule me out of any chance of a reward.
  • FallToRise
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast... so that's going to rule me out of any chance of a reward.

I believe Kim said that any smoothies/juicing you use as a meal replacement doesn’t count. I woupd think this would be included in that. Not sure if you checked with her.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Hello! Ugh I have to get off the wine lol. I've gotten better with added sugars in my diet, that was my first goal, then alcohol. Haven't quite gotten to that step yet. Sugar from grapes doesn't count hehe. I need to get back to logging my food. Sorry I haven't been very good with accountability on the nutrition challenges, I'll try to get better. Baby steps. :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

At first I wasn't going to count them - but then, I wanted people to see what the actually count is for the drinks. It doesn't really rule anyone out, it just to see how many calories are in the drinks. Yours may be healthy, but sometimes people make them and they are not.

Ladies, the liquor is my downfall too!! I have bottles of beautiful wine downstairs that are too easy to grab. I need not to buy it at all when I am doing this contest. Went to happy hour on Tuesday with some friends knowing that I would be out for the count today and tomorrow. Baby steps is right!!
  • FallToRise
    Options
    Well, the rest of this week has not been good. Stomach issues. Back issues. Generally feeling crummy.

Have not gotten the work outs in or reps.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Some weeks are like that. Can you do some stretching? How your stomach is better, maybe some omeprazole?

• FallToRise
    Options
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    Some weeks are like that. Can you do some stretching? How your stomach is better, maybe some omeprazole?

Back is doing better. I went to TKD yesterday and that helped stretch it out. Just talked to Master Cho before hand because it was still spasmy... she just had me work with her so she could keep an eye on me. (she's awesome)

The last few years I've been struggling with stomach problems (it's really been going on longer then that). Constipation, severe cramping and other fun stuff. My grandpa had Crohn's disease and the last time I went to the ER that's what they thought it was because my intestine (don't remember if it was small or large) was inflamed to the point it was closed off. Hence why I'd been throwing up for a couple of days with abdominal pain that I can only relate to contractions. My Mom has GI problems too and her doc thinks she has Crohn's but won't actually diagnose it. This sort of stuff is pretty common from what I've seen with GI issues.

I've been to a couple different GI doctors, had a bunch of tests done (spent more money then I'd like to think about) and gave up on getting any real help. I heard a lot of, "You're too young for this" and some other *kitten*. They slapped an IBS label on me even though my symptoms don't line up with IBS... they're more IBD.

I just try to manage it and it goes in spurts. I'll be fine for awhile and then I'll get really sick for a few days... etc. I can go months without any real issues then Bam! I'm down for a couple of days and it can go on for days or longer.

I avoid gas causing foods. Can't eat a lot of the "healthy" foods because they don't sit well with my guts. Food is Russian roulette.

To sum this week up... Thursday my stomach started cramping pretty badly. It gets worse with movement and food. So, I didn't do much and mainly ate because I forced myself to. Friday I was so hungry that I didn't care and picked up pizza after work.

When I have my stomach issues it also messes with my lower back.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Erin, my girlfriend has the same sort of symptoms. She went and was scoped. They prescribed daily and that has pretty much saved her. I'm not saying that's your issue but it might help. Sorry that you have had a sick week.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am paired with a naughty leprechaun named ERIN - I am so glad that you find veggies evil. I will eat them till I shart and win that category!! Also, guess who has the day off and will get busy with this body!!
  • FallToRise
    Options
    I am paired with a naughty leprechaun named ERIN - I am so glad that you find veggies evil. I will eat them till I shart and win that category!! Also, guess who has the day off and will get busy with this body!!

I laughed when I saw I was paired with you. Guess I need to take those excuses and throw them out the window. 😁
  • nisijam5
    Options
    FallToRise wrote: »

I laughed when I saw I was paired with you. Guess I need to take those excuses and throw them out the window. 😁

Ha, ha....we will be a good match!!
  • shamrock14
    shamrock14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I guess this is my team. :smile:
  • FallToRise
    Options
    Well... HI!
  • FallToRise
    Options
    10 minute Kettlebell exercise on BeFit made my legs all weak. 😯
  • chunkysloth
    chunkysloth Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I did arms circles early this week... and my arms have been hurting ever since.

How can such a simple exercise be so deadly? 🤔😖 Oh well, silverlining... I am stretching more to help my arms recover.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, my little leprechauns, glad to see that you are hanging in there!! I am excited for weigh-in tomorrow!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Down to 197.8 - even though I wanted to die this week. I only had wine on last Tuesday and did some good tracking, no eating out!! Lesson learned: Eat veggies with breakfast!! I had egg & ham sandwiches with broccoli, green beans on the side. Perfecto. Also, 1/2 cups of salsa is a veggie and a nice snack with a few chips of course.

Monday - Stretchy yin yoga tonight, not a calorie burner but much needed. Also, 90-minute massage today, does that count as exercise? I'll count the damn calories today.

Literally - 2 dozen things to do today!!
  • nisijam5
    Options

I did arms circles early this week... and my arms have been hurting ever since.

How can such a simple exercise be so deadly? 🤔😖 Oh well, silverlining... I am stretching more to help my arms recover.

I need rotator cuff surgery!!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Uggh sorry I gained. I have been good with my exercise but I just eat and drink too much. Must do better!
  • FallToRise
    Options
    kikicooks wrote: »
    Uggh sorry I gained. I have been good with my exercise but I just eat and drink too much. Must do better!

I drink too much too and then eat too much on the weekends. I’ve been trying but just get in these f-it moods.