February Challenge: Hello 2020!

WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
It has been a while and there has been some interest so let's get this challenge started!

The spreadsheet is ready.

If you have any goals/thoughts that you want to share, feel free to do so here!

Replies

• Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Yay!
    I'm starting at 173.6 lbs. My goal is to get to 169 by the end of the month. I also want to go to the gym 2x's a week so my knees hurt less.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Great goals! @Alioth
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Goals:
    1.) keep meeting or exceeding step goal
    2.) continue to log food
    3.) walk 2x a week
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    @WifiresGettingFit Fantastic and very achievable.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited February 2020
    I'm not doing terrible with my goals but I can't say that I've been on point with them every day either. I have gotten behind a few times with my logging but have back logged, I've been able to exceed my steps every day so far, but I haven't been walking like I planned. I'm still happy with the how it's going but I can do better too.

How are you doing @Alioth?
  • VoicedJoy22
    VoicedJoy22 Posts: 15 Member
    Joining in a little late!

@WifiresGettingFit Nice work exceeding your steps! :-)

I just came off birth control and am continuing to lose weight until I'm successful at getting pregnant. So far I've lost 25 pounds in prep, so I've developed some good habits this last year.
    My habits and goals for this month:
    1. Lose a pound a week to get down to 174
    2. Continue my boot camp attendance 3x a week.
    3. Continue walking on my breaks and at lunch every day at work.
    4. Start doing hip/pelvic exercises every day to stabilize my weak hip
    5. Don't cheat at tracking calories!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VoicedJoy22 Never too late to work on your goals! Glad you joined! =) and thank you! It's about the one thing I can be consistent with! haha. Great goals!!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I am failing. At least I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. Just can't seem to find the motivation to stop snacking and going over my calories.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    I know it isn't the goal but not gaining is still a win in my book!

I've started counting points. I'm doing the old Points Plus system with weight watchers (found a website with a spreadsheet that's free, that also had a calculator to get my allowance and all that), not sure what it is but dealing with a smaller number seems to be making it easier. I still have had some very indulgent days (the weekends mostly) but I do seem to be doing better by combining the too. I wouldn't say I'm not following it 100% and I'm still logging into MFP so I make sure I'm meeting other nutritional requirements that the the Weight Watchers system doesn't track. This also has me typically eating less because otherwise it can get very time consuming.

Motivation tends to not be there when you actually need it, at least that has definitely been the case for me. Determination has gotten me a little further but it wanes too so I've just resigned myself to the fact that this process is going to suck and I'm not going to enjoy it regardless of what I do and that has kind of been freeing and I seem to be going in the right direction again. At least for now. haha. Because if I'm being honest, I've been here before.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited March 2020
    Check in time! How did you do on your goals? @Alioth @VoicedJoy22 @puffbrat
    Goals:
    1.) keep meeting or exceeding step goal ACHIEVED!
    2.) continue to log food ACHIEVED!
    3.) walk 2x a week FAILED

Well all things considered, I didn't do too bad. Now if I could just achieve a deficit consistently, I'd be getting somewhere. haha!

March Challenge has been posted here.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Check in time! How did you do on your goals? @Alioth @VoicedJoy22 @puffbrat
    Goals:
    1.) keep meeting or exceeding step goal ACHIEVED!
    2.) continue to log food ACHIEVED!
    3.) walk 2x a week FAILED

Well all things considered, I didn't do too bad. Now if I could just achieve a deficit consistently, I'd be getting somewhere. haha!

March Challenge has been posted here.

That's really good!
This discussion has been closed.