Clean eating snacks

jbuller4
jbuller4 Posts: 15 Member
Looking for some good low carb / low fat / low calorie snacks that are satisfying. I currently add ranch seasoning to plain Greek yogurt and eat with fresh raw veggies. Turkey pepperoni (15 slices) with a lite cheese stick. Looking for some new ideas. And something that doesn't break the bank like most high protein snacks. Also any naturally sweet ideas for when you get that craving.

I just started a low calorie / Keto / low fat diet and I am doing awesome. Lost 11 lbs. 1st week. I know this will slow and the cravings will grow. So any ideas are much appreciated.

Also anyone looking for a new support buddy feel free to sign me up. I'm trying to be active and log everything.

Not sure how to send an invite yet.....

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    I will grab a dill pickle when I just want to maw on something without any calories. Sometimes it serves me as a measure for if I actually want to snack or if there is just an emotional aspect to my desire.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    @treehugger88 I agree about the yogurt and fruit snack idea as a substitute for ice cream. In fact, all of your snack ideas have my mouth watering!
  • Simoneau4
    Simoneau4 Posts: 1 Member
    I like eat me guilt free as it is gluten and dairy free with 20g's of protein.
  • Leeyeager71
    Leeyeager71 Posts: 7 Member
    What has 20 grams of protein?
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    What has 20 grams of protein?
    oysokwnhom4z.png

• sarebearr
    sarebearr Posts: 59 Member
    - Nuts and seeds (cashews, walnuts, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
    - Cut up veggies with seasoning (tajin is sooo yummy on cucumbers or tomato if you like tangy/spicy, Everything but the bagel seasoning is so good too, from Trader Joes)
    - Cottage cheese, or plain yogurt (I am Persian and I often snack on what we call Mast-o Khiar (essentially yogurt with chopped cucumber, dried mint & dill, salt, pepper, garlic, maybe a few walnuts on top)
    - Fresh fruits
    - String cheese
    - Protein shake
    - Olives, pickles, artichokes
    - Hard boiled eggs
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    I like wrapping up turkey slices with cucumbers and tzatziki sauce and adding a boiled egg on the side.

Also like raw veggies and hummus.

I've also made a smoothie with Greek yogurt, almond milk and frozen berries.