60's anyone?

aecjones
aecjones Posts: 6 Member
Getting back into lifting this year as I turned 60 in December. Lifted a good bit in my 30s and 40s and then I guess life got in the way.
So I have lost 10 pounds and an inch in my waist since I started tracking my food and lifting 3 days a week.
Man do I feel better!
I got the Versa 2 Fitbit for Christmas and I love it.
I would love to hear from any others who are of my age and starting back after many, many years away.

Replies

• kendalhale
    kendalhale Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there, I turned 60 in January and am wanting to get back into a strong body. I have a pretty good gym in my garage, just need to use it. I've spent the last 30 years working behind a desk and raising my family. It's my time now to take care of me. I hope you are still out there since your post was from February. This is my first day on this site, so I am exploring and trying to figure it all out.
  • AgnesFerniot
    AgnesFerniot Posts: 62 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m 60-something. Jogged, walked and weight trained until a few years ago. The pandemic and reconsciousness of my serious heart condition shut me down. Counterproductive. Am starting back up but until gym renewal it’s dumbbells at home.
    B)
  • AgnesFerniot
    down 2.5 #. B)
  • ooofitness
    ooofitness Posts: 10 Member
    I’m 52, and it’s bands and dumbbells at home for me, though mostly physical therapy exercises for the next few months :#
  • AgnesFerniot
    Goal wt for last day of Jy is 205.
    Here goes nothing.
    B)
  • linda513
    linda513 Posts: 8 Member
    I turned 60 in May. I started working out again in my home gym, using the Thinner Leaner Stronger book. I'm counting macros and working out 4 days a week. I need to lose body fat!
  • linsu54
    linsu54 Posts: 3 Member
    kendalhale wrote: »
    Hi there, I turned 60 in January and am wanting to get back into a strong body. I have a pretty good gym in my garage, just need to use it. I've spent the last 30 years working behind a desk and raising my family. It's my time now to take care of me. I hope you are still out there since your post was from February. This is my first day on this site, so I am exploring and trying to figure it all out.

I'm just starting back. I'm 65 and really need help to get to a healthy weight. Thats the key trying to figure it all out.
    Hugs
  • behnke7Grands
    behnke7Grands Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Ladies, I just turned 59. I am out of shape. I don't really like to exercise, however I am getting weak in maturing age, and I would like to lose some weight and tighten things up. So instead of jumping around like a crazy person, I would much rather work on strengthening my muscles and strengthening my core. My food is in a good place as I eat whole foods and do not get wrapped up in the current fads. It sounds like many of you ladies have done strength training trough your life span, so I will look forward to learning from you. Thanks for being here.
    Sharon
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Late 50s here, and would enjoy interacting with women who enjoy lifting, life and ending this crazy year strong!
  • Deesire36
    Deesire36 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Ladies, I weight trained during my 30's and 40's saw a difference in my body and loved it. Then life took a swipe at me and I lost interest. Well, I'm hitting back this time and headed back into the gym any advice, receipes etc will be greatly appreciated. I want to look like my idol Mrs. Earnestine Shepard...
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,823 Member
    Hi all! I am using YouTube some now. Zumba and kettle bell workouts mostly. I love free weights and body weight exercises. 60 years young!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,823 Member
    Deesire36 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies, I weight trained during my 30's and 40's saw a difference in my body and loved it. Then life took a swipe at me and I lost interest. Well, I'm hitting back this time and headed back into the gym any advice, receipes etc will be greatly appreciated. I want to look like my idol Mrs. Earnestine Shepard...

I did also. Why ever did we stop!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Where did you all go? I need you :) ! I, too, am a 60-something. I'm turning into jello from working home, sitting at a desk all day. Pre-COVID I had a Y routine. Not much, but I moved every day. I'm trying to get into a exercise rhythm at home that includes weights. I found Mrs. Earnestine Shepard INSPIRING! Thank you @Deesire36.