Living The Lifestyle ~ Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Options
myallforjcbill
myallforjcbill Posts: 5,535 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-imastar 2 (Derrick)
Tuesday- myallforjcbill (Bill)
Wednesday- Podkey (Bob)
Thursday-Jimb376mfp (Jim)
Friday-misterhub (Greg)

Topic: Shaking things up

Since Derrick beat me to the punch with yesterday's topic I am calling an audible. What are some of the things you might do to shake up your healthy lifestyle a bit and keep it fresh? Or, are you good just keeping on keeping on?

Alt Topic: Retirement Dream Home - You've hit the big one and can afford it. Where are you settling down?

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,535 Member
    Options
    I usually change things up by trying new recipes since that forces me to focus on the nutrition aspect of the recipe and think about what I am eating. When trying something new I also tend to be more thoughtful and less robotic in eating. This year I am also focusing on learning more about nutrition which I think will change the nature of the journey. If I could do more exercise I would do something there as well at times.

Alt Topic: Somewhere on the coast where we can walk to the ocean and hear it at night. Single level with a fireplace and a large porch. Maybe Pacific Grove since we love living in the Bay Area.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    Slogging onward. The constant changes with the WW plan shakes it up enough for me.

Alt Topic: Would consider a new place around here, in Southern New Hampshire, as all our kids are nearby.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    I just keep going. I’m frequently on the lookout for easy fun activities to keep me moving. But eating, I can eat pretty much the same stuff a lot. I have about 5-6 lunches and 5-6 dinners I can switch around. That’s enough for me.

Bonus- I’d buy a bigger house in Key West.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,859 Member
    Options
    Usually I will try 7 - 10 days of a low carb low sugar South Beach style diet to get me moving in the right direction again.

Bonus. Buy an RV and travel the country first avoiding the coldest months of winter by touring the southern tier of states, and then avoiding the heat and humidity of Southern Coastal Virginia by touring the Northern Tier including Canada. PS I bought the RV last August, next trip should start around mid May!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,199 Member
    Options
    I will shake things up by getting really strict and refocusing.

My dream retirement is to be able to not have to work away from home all the time and be able to enjoy my mountain and my trees.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    The changes in the seasons helps shake up my fitness routine. Really looking forward to spring break in just over 3 weeks. Heading south. Shouldn't be any snow, right?

Bonus: My DH is a packrat. We are never moving. But maybe I'd have a vacation place in a biking/hiking friendly area!