Fat to lose, Muscle to Gain

Options
evahbuck
evahbuck Posts: 12 Member
Thought I would introduce myself: I’m Evah! I’ve lost 60 pounds over the last two years doing IF and sticking to clean eating, HOWEVER, I still have 10-15 pounds to lose. I train 6 days a week (4 strength/ 2 cardio/core) with an emphasis on physique. Started tracking calories to be accountable to my deficit and to reach my goal. Would love to add friends for nutrition/training accountability!

Replies

• Blessed1016
    Blessed1016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Evah! Congratulations on your weight loss and hard work! I've lost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers since delivering my son almost two years ago, and I'm within a normal weight range, and I've been working on building muscle and strength with home kettlebell workouts, and I think I have some nice muscle and tone hiding under subcutaneous fat but I just don't have the physique or strength I want yet.

I want to get my body fat % down from 26.2% to about 19-20%. I don't really care if I lose pounds or not. I'm on the third week of Bret Contreras' Novice Program from his Glute Lab book. Once I get to the Intermediate Program and then Advances I'll be doing some real lifting so I'm looking forward to that. I'm seeing some changes in my shape already and I think focusing on my glutes and hips is really helping some imbalances I've been dealing with for several years (including pelvic floor issues I've dealt with before and after delivering two kids), but no body fat % lost yet.

I just started dialing in my nutrition again with MFP a little over two weeks ago to make sure I was getting in enough protein. I just wasn't getting enough detailed feedback on my diet with Weight Watchers. I'm going to keep at it and stay consistent, because I hear it can take time sometimes for the body to adjust.

Nice to meet you!