March 12 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Only five people in parkour class today. Weather is nice which made it lovely to bike-- and feels safer than taking the metro :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    epangili wrote: »
    Exercise? YES
    Calorie budget? YES
    Track? YES

Corona-Crazy... I heard all the hype but I was utterly unaffected. I went to Costco to do my usual biannual stock up of basic household items. Water and toilet paper shelves empty from floor to ceiling... I've never seen Costco so ravaged... Seriously? It a new cold virus which we get every year. The only thing "new" is it infected those most vulnerable - poverty sticken with no easy access to the luxuries that we have on the corner shop. Sorry, totally on tanget...

If anyone needs toilet paper (still haven't figured exactly what makes it more a survival necessity than some other stuff)

Try local building supply store chains (in Canada, Lowes Rona and such-like) They stock it but non-contractors who despair of finding it at Costco or grocery stores never think of there ....
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    Pass #1. Just as I was getting into my stride and thinking this will be my month... I've caught a nasty cold. My kids both have it too so it was a long night with the baby waking at nearly 30min intervals and this morning my daughter threw up on her and me. Not my greatest day. Dosing up on paracetamol but it isn't helping much. Ah well. Apparently sneezing and a runny nose aren't symptoms of coronavirus. Now to get over this and fit and healthy again ready to fight that when it comes.

@am_change So sorry your family is sick right now. Rest and get well soon.
  • MelissaSheklian
    MelissaSheklian Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • dyfthompson
    dyfthompson Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    exercise: yes, 100 min
    calories: under
    tracking: all
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Y First bike ride of the spring ...cold and windier than the weatherman said it was going to be. 14 miles with #1 son plus 3 miles later on the treadmill at the Y while #2 son had his chess class.
    Calories: Y although I ended up eating most of them back....an early lunch ended up taking almost all of my daily allotment. Good thing for the 1100 ish exercise calories.
    Tracked: Y
  • oldDogBiking
    oldDogBiking Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    on track... in tolerance...
    exercise yes
    tracking yes
    budget yes
    Heh. Buddy come over. That little guy makes me happy.
    I been to Walmart. There is some panic shopping going on.
    I think I laid in a good enough supply.
    Hope I ain't got to eat it. It not really good diet stuff.
    Heh. Spam. Can't believe I bought spam.
    They was out of flour and beans.
    Green beans was out. I can't believe that people think that is nutrition, but yeah, listen to me, that is what I wanted.
    That is all like camping food. that is how I live camping.
    I think about camping where I discovered that beauty bike riding.
    That is what I want to do.
    Schools got closed so now I got Buddy like every other day.
    But maybe camping every other day.
    But a weird thing about springtime out in that place I like.
    The snakes come out.
    I don't know how that works.
    But I been in a place like that and I seen like a snake convention.
    And they ain't the kind of snakes you would think about trying to catch for your nephew to play with.
    Well, maybe if you didn't like your nephew much.

Current events has got me evaluating my sanitary habits.
    I am kind of sanitary but not like dentist sanitary. You know what I mean.
    I got the pharmacy department fired from walmart a few weeks ago.
    Pharmacist was picking his teeth with his fingernail.
    Guy don't know any better than to do that in public... Heh, fired.
    Good luck to him. Hope he knows how to work a lawnmower.

But how sanitary am I? I clean the floor under Buddy as though it were a plate. I wash it and dry it because he drops food and I give it back to him.

He is my buddy. He likes pears but he doesn't remember that he likes them until I remind him.
    Then when he remembers I got to keep him from eating the core and the stem.
    I think maybe he wouldn't choke on the core, but I kind of got to hang out with him when he is eating.

He is my Buddy.

I am his favorite person.

Life is like that now.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    March10
    Yes x 3

March 11
    Pass Day #1

March 12
    Yes x 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    l70tspvdhj21.png
    In the movie Bridge of Spies, this line has stuck with me.
    In this time of worry about disease; politics and more, take a deep breath, then breath it out. That helps!
    Worry does not change any outcomes. Breathe in, slowly breathe out. Be grateful for this moment.

@RangerRickL Yes, breathing sure does help.
    I do 4-5-7 breathing. In for a count of 4, hold 5, breath out 7. It calms the parasympathetic system (aka fight or flight) & tells the body all is okay!

Also, my wise father said, “don’t worry because if it does happen, you have to go they it two times, 4, 20...”

Like @craigo3154 I think harmed about what aspects I CAN control & brainstorm ways to do that. I ignore the things I can’t.)

Best example:You need surgery.
    You control:
    Where - another country, state, town?

Who - research shows patients who feel better about their surgeon, do better.
    - get a 2nd opinion?
    - Read reviews of doctors
    -
    When

What - laparoscopic or ?, general anesthesia, etc.
    Research options
    Talk to patients

How - robotic or person...
    Look at number of times it’s been done
    Statistics

You don’t control: side effects, other people’s behavior, etc.

For my kidney transplant, I focused on f in being a living donor & getting the word our. Unplanned, I also got a great surgeon & Txplant center from someone who saw the story in the news. From that point until the surgery, I focused on walking as much as possible & lowering my weight safely.

Went into surgery not worried at all. Knew I had a great team.
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    3/12
    Exersize - no
    Caleries -yes
    Logged -yes
  • cilia2k
    cilia2k Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes × 3
    Pass day 1