At wits end!

Connaz987
Connaz987 Posts: 3 Member
I am a 42 yr old female and on 1/20/2020 I started logging my calories and concentrating on working out at least 3 times a week. I have a desk job and go to 9 rounds 3 times a week. I started at 200 pnds and MFP has me at 1490 calories a day for 1 pnd a week weight loss and I have it set for "not very active." I do not eat back my exercise calories. So, according to every god forsaken article I've read...I'm have a 510 calorie deficit from calorie intake and doing nothing and I average 420 calories burn at 9 rounds. This put me on/around 4800 calories burn in a week. WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT!?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    In simple sense because you are not eating less than you burn.

Now - stress the body out enough and you can slowly gain water weight from increased cortisol.

So what do the measurements show - scale isn't the best indicator of what's happening.

You logging food by weight?
    Because calories is per weight, not cup or spoons.

You have over 50 lbs to lose to make that almost 2 lb weekly goal deficit reasonable (500 and then 420 from exercise not eaten back)?
  • andiecabrera3915
    andiecabrera3915 Posts: 4 Member
    I get totally confused at the same thing! Measurements are SSSOOO important! I cannot make the scale move since December but in that time I have lost 10+ inches
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    So you appear to be losing fat if inches is coming off.

Therefore you are gaining water weight if no change to that.

So the water weight gain from starting to workout maxes out - if that is the reason for it.

But stress-induced water weight gain from increased cortisol can keep going up to 20 lbs slowly.

Be very concerned if that is the reason for it - because your body being under constant stress like that will backfire in the long run, if not the short run. You can harm body systems.

Your deficit may be more than the body desires along with other daily stresses, and that's the effect you get.
    Control what you can - and diet is one of them.

You may benefit greatly from a reset or diet break, especially if deficit is aggressive. There is topic in here about diet breaks.
  • 10in30fitness
    10in30fitness Posts: 14 Member
    Why are you worried about weight? Have you checked your body fat %?