Toddler Meal Ideas 💡

Options
JRsLateInLifeMom
JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
What does/did your picky kids to grandkids eat at ages 2 or 3yrs old?

Needing Ideas 💡

Got a fruit hating, meat rejecting, vegetables must be hidden in it Mini Chef 👨‍🍳 Gordon Ramsey . If it’s burnt in a tiny spot to not cooked to his liking he calls it STINKY or Yucky then refuses everything for hours. His Sister was so easy she’s a Pescatarian. Who knew the Vegetarian who turned Pescatarian as she grew was my easy eater!

All ideas welcomed if he won’t eat it now maybe he will out of the blue before age 4.
Anything you did to hide it in foods extremely welcomed. I’m the Ninja of hiding but I still need to learn from other Food Ninjas to be the ultimate master of hiding sneakily.

To give a clue where we’re finally at (He used to only like 5 items one was his bottle so we’ve grown some luckily) Right now he loves Vegetarian protein shake (cookie y cream flavored),anything cheesy, anything bland,anything cracker or cookie he’ll consider,(He May be Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang theory) ,special k cereals, almond milk unsweetened only, internal delight creamer,Rolls,Jewish Rye y wheat breads, Sugarfree fudge pops, chocolate 🍫, tater tots (I lied 🤥 told him their McDonald’s fries 🍟too he didn’t want them until he heard that),fries,plain spaghetti 🍝 must mix sauce in so he doesn’t see it or gets turned down, veggie chips ,ruffles chips,y Cheetos baked or not,peanut butter, pancakes 🥞 (especially with yogurt y peanut butter y honey in them), refried beans,tortilla chips,etc (I find myself making him nachos y quesadillas y pancakes 🥞, cheese y peanut butter sandwich 🥪 ,spaghetti plain over y over again mainly),Teddy Graham’s must be bear 🐻 shaped only. He used to eat egg 🍳 fried in a piece of toast ,but I burnt an edge he won’t touch it now.

I want to expand what he’ll eat so anything I can toss on the side if his plate from pasta dish to a neat idea for tacos 🌮 for tiny tots I could use. Haven’t had a toddler for 20yrs (his Sister’s in the Navy well was easier).

They need to make cookbooks without silly bear 🐻 shaped items to worm 🐛 shapes for picky kid y Mom who wants to whip it up put it on a plate without the artistic 👩‍🎤 nonsense. I don’t need cookie cutters to make a sandwich 🥪 but kid books all say you do.

Replies