Staying on track over the upcoming holidays

Options
momRN2B
momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
I am looking forward to the holidays however with all the meals and good food around I am worried about gaining a lot of weight. Also being that we are still a young couple we eat most of the meals by others( parents, in-laws etc) so I am not in control over the menu. Any tips or advice on how to stay on track over the holidays? Thank you, Chag Sameach and may you all have a happy sweet new year.

Replies

• ehimay10ins
    ehimay10ins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    choose wisely, just cause its on the table doesnt mean you have to eat it.
    watch your portion sizes
    offer to bring a side, and know that at least you have one thing you can eat.
    between meals dont snack a lot
    drink water
  • hipop61
    hipop61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am worried too. My daughter is expecting any day and the likelihood is that I may be in New York for Rosh Hashana. Will have to wait and see what happens:smile:
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Me too. My daughter and her family are coming to me for the month of yom tov. I am basically cooking for at least ten people at each meal. With the 3 dayers that's a lot of food. I have been having a hard time lately staying on track so I am quite worried.

I am planning to make fresh healthy foods and will be in control of the menu, it's just the quantities that are a real issue. And not being able to log on here...... I think it is going to come down to taking the time to prelog and plan....
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I think portion control is the only way. It's a holiday, enjoy it.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Watch the portion of challah. Oooo, I love challah!! It takes all.my.self.control to stop at one serving.

And then, I must skip the rice, because I can't stop eating it once I taste it.

So I guess, if you have food that triggers overeating, brace yourself and take a small portion, or skip it.

We can do this! We can eat right and enjoy the holidays!! Good luck everyone!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I find the combination of too much food and too little exercise difficult.