Living The Lifestyle ~ Thursday, March 12, 2020

Options
myallforjcbill
myallforjcbill Posts: 5,535 Member
edited March 2020 in Social Groups
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.nn

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday- misterhub (Greg)
Wednesday- Mamacin (Cindy)
Thursday- myallforjcbill (Bill)
Friday- 88olds (George)

Topic: Stress & Relaxation

As we have learned emotions can impact how we interact with food. It is easy to view food as a source of comfort, a time out from the pressures of the day, etc. Everybody has challenges and stress in life between work, family, finances & health that we have to deal with. What relaxation technique do you find helpd you stay in control and not yield control to stressful inputs? Some may be routine, some may be more of crisis mode.

Alt Topic: Guilty Food Pleasures - those once in a blue moon (hopefully) food encounters that are simply glorious to partake.

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,535 Member
    Options
    One of the most useful techniques I use are short mindfulness meditations. This is one of my pain management tools to help me from let pain take over control, but I find it helpful at times when I realize things are getting to me or if I am on the go and feel the need to rush to get things done. It is amazing what even 3 small controlled breaths can do for me. I practice daily. I also often follow up with prayer so I can get in touch, safely, with how I feel about things. Then it is time to make some decisions and act. If time permits I find sitting down with a good book and a nice cup of coffee to be a wonderful help. Doesn't get anything done though.

Alt Topic: I imagine I have several. A good Ale has now become one. I don't move enough anymore to drink them regularly. But Tuesday I had a back procedure and on the way home I had my son find me some food to eat after fasting for it. He pulled into a Jack In The Box Drive-Thru. I had a burger but saw the Oreo Shake. It was Glorious, simply glorious. Won't make it a habit when I have procedures, but every year or so a milkshake or malt wouldn't be so bad.