Weight loss is on a hold-ish

gewel321
gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
For those of you that don't know I work at a critical care access hospital. I am pulling 12-14 hour shifts and then going home and helping my son with all his school work since school is currently on an online teaching due to the closing of schools. I have struggled to eat appropriately during this time. With running all over the place I eat what I can when I can. Yesterday I didn't get my first meal until almost 2, and that was a piece of pizza while running from one command meeting to another. I am not sleeping much either. All gyms have been closed (not that I would try that at this time). I'm just being whiney right now. Everyone stay safe and don't freak out!

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    at times like this, you've got enough stress on your body and mind to deal with, without adding to it by trying to stick to a deficit. With what you energy you need to make it through your hectic schedule, dropping diet plans and just focusing in fueling your body with the best you can get is a smart move. This won't last forever! Meanwhile, take care of yourself as much as you possibly can!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    @gewel321 Thank you for being on the front lines and all the personal sacrifices you are making to keep us safe. Take care of yourself!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I agree. Take care of yourself. I think it is a bad idea to associate your present circumstances with weight loss.
    Those kinds of things have a bad habit of becoming mental baggage more than we realize.

Try to work in some decent nutrition at least one meal every other day. I am not a huge fan but now may be the time to consider a multi vitamin too.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    You've got a lot going on, Take care of yourself.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,516 Member
    God bless you.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Whine away, the world is going crazy right now and I cant imagine what it's like being on the front line.
    As others said, take care of yourself and try not to burn out. It sounds like you're rushing around so much you're already getting your workouts in!