Corona Virus

Options
conniewilkins56
conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
Warning.....overeating does NOT prevent or cure the Corona Virus!

What crazy things have you observed the past week that people are doing?.....personally I saw a woman this morning walking her dog and she and the dog had masks on!....I also saw a person with a Donald Duck Halloween mask on thinking he was pretty funny!

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Warning.....overeating does NOT prevent or cure the Corona Virus!

What crazy things have you observed the past week that people are doing?.....personally I saw a woman this morning walking her dog and she and the dog had masks on!....I also saw a person with a Donald Duck Halloween mask on thinking he was pretty funny!

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    nothing too crazy yet, except for the TP thing....and the flour thing.....bread.....milk.....sugar.....produce....meat.....water..... lol
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Hoarders like cans of corn too. It is interesting to see what people think they need in a crisis like this. I am not a picky eater so the things they barely touched are things I will gladly eat.

I am hoping the shock value of this will die down soon and people will begin to act cautiously and prudently instead of irrationally. I always say that death, tragedy, and crisis bring out the best in some and the worst in others.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Hoarders like cans of corn too. It is interesting to see what people think they need in a crisis like this. I am not a picky eater so the things they barely touched are things I will gladly eat.

I am hoping the shock value of this will die down soon and people will begin to act cautiously and prudently instead of irrationally. I always say that death, tragedy, and crisis bring out the best in some and the worst in others.

This is so true especially about death, tragedy and crisis bringing out the best and worst in some people..

Even with my husbands RA and compromised immune system, he opted to go and get groceries this morning...knowing my “somewhat OCD/binge/addictive personality I do ok as long as others do not panic around me or upset my apple cart...as long as everyone in my world is in control I am fine!...if others panic, then I do, too...whatever someone else is buying, I would immediately think I needed that item, too...well, John came home with half of the things on our list so I volunteered to go and see if I could find the rest of the stuff...and yes, people were acting nuts so I did, too...I don’t even like eggs but we now have 54 eggs in the fridge...I also bought popcorn....lots of popcorn....like 8 large boxes with ten bags in each one!....I did show some self control and only bought 6 different kind of Mc Cormick spices...SMH....at least I have not binged and I have really been great controlling my food choices the past few days!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I saw a dude at the supermarket with a mask and gloves, not that weird in and of itself but he was standing over the olive bar filling up container. I mean, you dont know who's been breathing on those olives, or walking around. Blech.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

This is so true especially about death, tragedy and crisis bringing out the best and worst in some people..

Even with my husbands RA and compromised immune system, he opted to go and get groceries this morning...knowing my “somewhat OCD/binge/addictive personality I do ok as long as others do not panic around me or upset my apple cart...as long as everyone in my world is in control I am fine!...if others panic, then I do, too...whatever someone else is buying, I would immediately think I needed that item, too...well, John came home with half of the things on our list so I volunteered to go and see if I could find the rest of the stuff...and yes, people were acting nuts so I did, too...I don’t even like eggs but we now have 54 eggs in the fridge...I also bought popcorn....lots of popcorn....like 8 large boxes with ten bags in each one!....I did show some self control and only bought 6 different kind of Mc Cormick spices...SMH....at least I have not binged and I have really been great controlling my food choices the past few days!

Eggs can be frozen. I think you have to put them in a container and mix them first. There may be some other procedure involved. You might want to google it if it becomes necessary. I looked it up years ago for a reason that I can't remember now since we never did it.

It is too bad I was not at the store with you. I tend to have a calming influence on people in person. I usually remain methodical when things are crazy around me.

People will get tired of being scared. It is an exhausting thing to maintain. They will see that while this is bad life can and will go on.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am staying inside the house for awhile...I do much better in my own self controlled environment!...the rest of the family does like eggs so they will get used eventually....the spices will keep lol
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to tell you guys about the craziness I've seen over the last few day. DAYS!!! I can't imagine what it's going to be like in two weeks. We have all the food we need and toilet paper to last for two weeks. But PPE is mostly gone. We are rationing masks. Tests are still in limited supply and it is taking a Looong time to get results. We finally have a confirmed case in my area. 49 in the state. One day at a time. One long tiring day at a time!