How many calories do you usually eat.. am I eating too little?

Options
Karol__Anne
Karol__Anne Posts: 7 Member
Okay guys I used to have a pretty bad ed.. recovery landed me gaining like up to double my weight and I'm sitting here now about 195lb and I pretty well established that im in a bit of a relapse after I realized how many fear foods I still have and how much anxiety I suddenly got when someone told me I needed to eat 1,200 cals while I've been eating closer to 1k cals a day this last week with the aid of Intermittent Fasting..

Is it okay to eat between 1,000 and 1,200 cals especially considering I am so short?

.. tho my bmr is like a little over 1900 since I'm so heavy.. idk. They are probably right. But yeah how much do you guys eat?

Replies

• Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I eat 1300 calories, that’s what MFP says for my height and weight to lose 2 pounds a week. I haven’t quite got OMAD dialed in and it’s usually a 600 calorie meal and a nice snack before my window closes. I really need to stop saying I’m IMAD because I think I’m really TMAD.
    Anyway I digress, MFP will give you an idea of how many calories to eat in your window, be mindful of that if you are a few under once in awhile it won’t be a deal breaker.
    Good luck to you.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Okay guys I used to have a pretty bad ed.. recovery landed me gaining like up to double my weight and I'm sitting here now about 195lb and I pretty well established that im in a bit of a relapse after I realized how many fear foods I still have and how much anxiety I suddenly got when someone told me I needed to eat 1,200 cals while I've been eating closer to 1k cals a day this last week with the aid of Intermittent Fasting..

Is it okay to eat between 1,000 and 1,200 cals especially considering I am so short?

.. tho my bmr is like a little over 1900 since I'm so heavy.. idk. They are probably right. But yeah how much do you guys eat?

Hey I’ve been there, at 195 lbs, but currently I’m in the 140s - my Maintenance range. When I was in the 170s/180s/190s I followed the calorie goals suggested by MFP for losing one lb a week. That was 1200 or 1300 PLUS I ate back all the calories I earned through exercise (usually 400 or 500 a day. So I would eat 1600 or 1800 a day, and still lose a lb a week.

Now that I’m pretty much at my goal weight, I continue to exercise daily and eat around 1900/2000. I faithfully track how many calories I burn daily, and how many calories I eat: as I gain a lb or two, I aim for a small daily deficit (250 calories) as a gentle way to keep my weight where I want it.

I wouldn’t presume to comment on your battle with ED because I figure the complexity of that is way beyond me. But I wanted to give you what you asked for - information on the calorie consumption of others. And wish you well!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    From what I have read, as well as from my own experience, those still affected by any aspect of an ED may want to stay away from IF. IF can encourage disordered eating, especially in those with a history of ED already. As someone who used to be bulimic and has struggled with binge eating disorder, I found this to be true.
  • hoofprints_soul
    hoofprints_soul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @Karol__Anne Honestly I have no idea how many.I will be honest I do count a low calorie count.
    I battled food addiction for 21 years. I am fully recovered. Also was educated on green,yellow,& red light foods ever since I’ve been thriving. Honestly I just started incorporating calorie counting this way I was not emotionally eating my green light foods .
  • PaulyJoMomma
    PaulyJoMomma Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I target a meal caloric count of 300 to 400 calories and sometimes go over, but in general that is the rule I go by. I end up being quite satisfied with what I put together and do not find myself suffering from cravings for more food or snacks or sweets. I fast on a 16:8 schedule and typically lose anywhere from 12 to 16 or 18 pounds per month. I have 50 more pounds to go, but this works pretty darn well for me.