Covid-19 Survey (Age/Area)

Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,227 Member
With News 24/7 I was wondering GoaDs in their situation re age/location.

If you want to share we can share how your family is being impacted.

72 yo in Norfolk VA area,
DW 70 yo still working as cashier at grocery store! I an worried but she will not change her ways.

Two sons age 35 and 45 live in Brooklyn! With daughter in laws. No children.

Eldest son 50 with DW and three grandchildren 18, 16, 10 in far suburbs from Washington DC.

Replies

• cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,738 Member
    69 Year old Living in Williamsburg Va. Not far from Jimb.
    1 40 yo son living with his wife in Charlotte
    1 Single son in Northern NJ
    Currently living with me is
    Wife Kathy 68 yo
    Sister In law Lucy 57 yo
    Daughter Nina 25 yo
    Niece Abby 22 yo
    Grand Niece Essie 4 yo
    Black Lab Bella 9 yo
    Grey Mini schnauzer Bella 8 yo
    Black Lab Ella 6 yo

I will not mention the names of the assorted stuffed toys and animals that come with a 4 yo.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,738 Member
    BTW all of us are healthy with no symptoms right now!
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited March 2020
    58 yo in Chicago suburbs. Campus is now virtual so I'm working from home, well technically our nearby rental property as I have that place to myself right now. DH & I would not do well trying to share the house 24/7 after so many years of me working crazy hours.

DH is 60 yo and retired. He is a hermit, for which I am grateful in these crazy times. I'm more likely than him to encounter the virus and bring it home.

Kitties are ~11 yo and ~6 yo (they are my avatar). Both are rescues from the local shelter. As far as they are concerned nothing has changed in the world. There are still birds to watch out the windows, food in their bowls, and unlimited spots to take naps. It is hard work fitting in 20 hours of sleep a day ;-)
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,227 Member
    @cakeman21k

I have fur kids too.
    Sadie 8 yo Retriever Mix rescue

Otis and Daisy 3 yo? Brother and sister from SPCA when we were volunteering there.

• mr_sandyman
    mr_sandyman Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2020
    66 yo, retired & something of a hermit. Moved to rural Mississippi (hour out of Jackson) and live across the road from 40 yo DD and her family. All doing good, S-I-L still working, DD is a teacher/admin sent home and teaches her daughters and works with parents (phone and face-time type programs) to keep their kids learning.

Virus is in the county, local Walmart instituted an early shopping hour for 60+ including Pharmacy. Their stock went up in my eyes. People around here are stepping up and it looks good on them. (Even found limited supply of TP y'day and people only taking one package).

As weather changes I need to get out and walk more (between monsoons) because I'm still stress eating more than I need.

Good to see y'all.

Sandy
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,893 Member
    72 YO Gainesville Ga about 45 miles north of Atlanta & now after 25 years we're considered Metro Atlanta. Real Estate Broker 20 years still actively working with 10 in our Brokerage Firm also own a Marketing Co. DW 67 YO still working owns a Medical Billing Co. Son 26 YO lives at home but is working. We have a 10 YO yorkie Miles spoiled rotten by the way.

I'm recovering with complications from TAVR procedure for heart valve replacement surgery surgery post 21 days. Feeling a little better each day and dealing with wound care.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,387 Member
    66 YO living with 65 YO wife in Greensboro, GA which about half way between Atlanta and Augusta. We, including Emma, our 15 YO dachshund are all well. I was in Daytona Beach for Bike Week when the *kitten* hit the fan. I was a bit concerned being in large crowds for several days. I came home and self quarantined for two weeks and all is good. Lived in metro Atlanta until 5 years ago and then moved to a 55+ community on Lake Oconee. Relatively rural here. We just got our 1st reported case this week.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 657 Member
    71 years/Washington State. Sheltering in place with wife. We used to take care of our grandkids, ages 2 and 4, on weekdays, but for last two weeks they are home with dad. Daughter a primary care physician and still working, mostly telehealth visits.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,498 Member
    I'm 66 in the SF Bay Area, retired. My bride is 62 still works but was furloughed last week so we are getting used to being home together 7 days a week. I call it the eternal weekend. One son (35) is in SF and my other (32) lives with us and works out of the home. I am in my second week of Sheltering in Place, the county made it official 2 days later and then the state 2 days after that. We just had our 2nd death in the county. I only head out now for Physical Therapy and any other medical stuff. I still try to get my 20 min walk in. My wife handles the shopping now, though I do the cooking. I went out once for Sr Hours but decided it was not worth the risk. We are taking it very seriously and encourage others to do the same as a community responsibility.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,060 Member
    Wow try again couldn't send my last response. Portland OR suburb 74y/o married to DW(75). Our DD(50) is shopping for us even though there are senior hours. Like Washington and California we are Stay at Home mode. We did a zoom session with our son (45) who lives in Seattle. Last yoga class in studio was 2 weeks ago and I haven't been to the store in close to two weeks. I walk and/or bike outside a bit daily and our studio is broadcasting via zoom yoga classes twice daily although we just do the morning yoga. We cook all our own food.
    One of the hotspots in the PacNW was centered around a Kaiser Hospital on the westside of Portland about 1 mile from our house.
    We follow all precautions and let mail and carboard sit for at least a day or two. Longer for plastic packing or wipe it down.
    Our routine is walk or bike ride morning yoga house chores and cooking.