Living The Lifestyle ~ Thursday, March 26, 2020

Options
myallforjcbill
myallforjcbill Posts: 5,536 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.nn

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday- misterhub (Greg)
Wednesday- Mamacin (Cindy)
Thursday- myallforjcbill (Bill)
Friday- 88olds (George)

Topic: Stir Crazy yet?

Following up on @steve0mania's post yesterday: Many of us now have lots of free indoor time now with activities shut down and try to self isolate etc. Those who are used to being able to get outdoors for activity, or were out and about doing volunteer or other activities are now spending more time at home. Since this will last a while yet, what are you doing to keep sane or to keep from munching the days away? Any new activities or old ones reinvigorated? Read a good book lately?

Alt Topic: The Perfect Pizza - How would you describe it? Is there a particular place you remember getting one?

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,536 Member
    Options
    I am reading quite a bit more now since I have a pretty good backlog of purchased books to work on. I am restarting my eternal quest to play the hammered dulcimer. I can always find 30 min or so to sit and hammer away, if the back will allow it. I can do limited gardening in small spurts, longer if I can figure out how to make it back friendly. I also waste time on Youtube, thinking about the housework and sit with my wife watching a movie or reading. She is having a harder time than I am since she was working.

Alt Topic. I am from NY so my crust is thin, the way God intended, crispy yet foldable and with good flavor. A nice layer of sauce and the cheese has to be melted, slighty colored and should be stringy when you take a bite. A burnt lip from this is a badge of honor. I go with a classic pepperoni and the pizza should be hanging out with an ice cold beer of quality.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I attended a WW virtual workshop on Zoom today. Good to see the friends I used to see every week.
    Subject to develop new routines was lots for me to think about, My current schedule is a MESS! Too much TV. too much news, too little exercise too little food prep.

A visit to You Tube to listen to Ravell’s Bolera was a nice respite.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,861 Member
    Options
    I grew up about a half hour from Manhattan, if it ain't round, thin crust. and foldable, then it ain't pizza! Oh and by the way do not add cualiflower, pinapple, chicken wings or anything else to it and then call it pizza in my presence!!!!
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I really miss my gym time on the days when the outdoor weather isn't favorable.

Thus far, I'm setting into a pretty decent work offsite routine as I have our rental property (small commercial property) to go and hide out at. We've had this property since 1996 and I ran my business out of it for many years. I'm downsized to a small office now, but my technology setup is actually very good for doing my current job. And I'm not having any of the ergonomic issues that some of my colleagues have trying to actually work at their kitchen table, island, couch. I also have control over the temperature, music, and have a microwave/refrigerator at my disposal. I do miss seeing my colleagues.

Did I mention that I miss my gym time? And the towel service in the locker rooms?

ION both grocery stores I went to today had toilet paper! Trader Joe's was well stocked and they are limiting the number of people in the store. The line to get in had grown after I got done with my shopping. Going at off-peak times is crucial these days.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,934 Member
    Options
    I don't get much outside, unless it snows, and get the snoblower out.
    Back to my standard flat, and lower dumb bell lifting, and current PT . Still trying for 5K steps daily.

Thin or medium crust with pepperoni, onions, and green peppers.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    I started at home workouts. I start by finding some sort of yoga on YouTube, then move to a full body routine that I’m developing on my own it’s a work in progress.

I recently finished War and Peace. Reading House of the Seven Gables now. Ulysses by James Joyce up next. Really. It’s going to happen.

Pizza- the place about 5 blocks from the house where I grew up. A sausage and mushroom grease bomb. Don’t think I’d go for more that a piece or 2 now. But I sure wish I had one.